Friendship 49 and Monterey 14!

swanson71

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score was 49-0 midway through the third quarter and then the reserves finished the game. Either FCS is a much better team than most people think or Monterey is not as good. What you think? <_<

825364606[/snapback]

I don't think its a case of Monterey being a bad team, i have seen them play and for a legitimate Class A team they are a good team, i just think that FCS has had a few good years of recruiting and its showing. thumb

yea! Recruiting thats the key word. Amazing how they get that caliber of athletes out an enrollment of 400 students K-12.

825364777[/snapback]

Word on the street is that the defensive co-ordinator doubles as the head recruiter for FCS.

And he is getting the job done with his charisma.

:P

Edited by salty

I've never played a team that was that loaded in my life. Every position is good. Not really a weakness on the team. I don't know the truth about them recruiting or whatever, but all i can say is I've never played a public school with that much talent. But it doesn't hurt that they get perks like UT coming down and setting up thier weight program either. Good Luck to Gordonsville on beating them. I hope they can.

I can't tell what the biggest problem with you guys in Monterey is, you were that overrated or you just like using the crutch of recruting to hide your inability to really compete with a quatlity team. On Friday, you did not play one of your 1-and what ever teams that you have played so far this year. You played a good team with a good record. I understand that the "#7" ranked team got dominated, and you have to cover that up, BUT PLEASE COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER THAN FCS RECRUITS. PLEASE IT IS OLD AND DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE.

And once again hard work in the off-season by private school kids is written off as recruiting. But, a public school that turns their team around is simply dedication. What a smack in the faces of the kids on the Friendship team. Lastly, Tennessee did not implement Friendship's weight program, they put on a conditioning clinic that was open to anyone. These are the facts and I am sticking to them. Good luck to Loop, Ward, and Monterey on the remainder of your season.

Edited by orangecrush