Battle of the Boro (the real one)

hs sports fan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
Ok lets get this thread started early. This friday the Warriors travel to Freedom Feild for the first time for the annual Battle of the Boro. The Warriors will be huge favorites, but does anyone think this one could actually be a game?

825365044[/snapback]

if there is anything i have learned over the years, expect the unexpected in this rivalry. many years oakland has been riverdale's toughest game. i think if oakland can get a few scores it will get them to believe and we could very well have ourselves a ballgame. if im not mistaken, they are supposed to have a concert before the game and i think they are flying a solider down from a copter to present the ball at midfield, so it should be a fun night. i also think this game is at freedom field again next year

Sorry to say it, but I really don't. Riverdale is just superior to the other teams in town right now, and I don't think even an off-night for the Warriors could get them beat. I don't even like this kind of thinking on my own part. I would much rather see a game go down to the wire.

I am hoping the Patriots prove me wrong. Not to beat the Warriors, but I want to see them at least a little scared. Games like last night do not make you better.

yes the is a concert before the game and should be a really fun night but 2001 you said

i think if oakland can get a few scores it will get them to believe and we could very well have ourselves a ballgame
well no one has scored on our defense in 18 quarters, and we have put up 4 straight shut outs. Siegel only had 2 first downs and 41 yards of total offense the whole game so good luck gettin those few scores. I have heard you argue with blackman folk about not being shut out this year, well that day may come Friday, but good luck and cant wait.

Guest Oakland
yes the is a concert before the game and should be a really fun night but 2001 you said  well no one has scored on our defense in 18 quarters, and we have put up 4 straight shut outs. Siegel only had 2 first downs and 41 yards of total offense the whole game so good luck gettin those few scores. I have heard you argue with blackman folk about not being shut out this year, well that day may come Friday, but good luck and cant wait.

825365088[/snapback]

i realize what riverdale's defense has been able to and is very impressive to say the least, however i didnt say we had to score on offense :unsure: . region is the one arguing that we havent been shut out but that happened a week earlier against lincoln county. no matter what happens, i will be there for all 4 quarters

Guest region4fan

We jinxed ourselves right after we said it. LC blanked us 7-0 even though we scored right before the half..............one ref even signaled it. But oh well......

I will be behind my boys no matter what. We are due for something good happening...............

Guest region4fan

You can be sure that the Patriots will be ready. We have already played BA and Franklin and blocked either a punt or extra point against each. We scored on both of them in the first Q too...........so to say that playing the U or R will not intimidate this hard core bunch is an understatement.

And remember we don't have Ebal anymore to mess things up.

Region

If you keep it within 28 you have a moral victory.

I coached a youth league team one yr against a team we had zero and I mean zero chance of beating. We decide a score before the game we wanted to achieve and while we did not come close to winning we achieved the score we set and left the game with our dignity intact. It was funny when we drove down and scored and everyone went nuts like we had won the other team stood there confused.

This was with young kids and I know you probably couldn't do it at 5 a high school but my rambling point is find some way to get something positive out of this.

Guest region4fan

If our kids come out pumped and don't lay down...it will be a victory for me in my book. I am convinced that we will score...either by INT a pass and running it in.....we are good at doing that against Rdale....our D scoring........or we will score some other way...maybe on a deep pass.

No matter what, I will not be ashamed of my boys. And get ready cause I WILL pick them to win! Cord seems to play his best when the other team tries to intimidate him or run their mouth to him.

well, logic says that Riverdale should/will win. BUT i really hope that Oakland wins, even though i wont pick Oakland in the pickem, i will cheer and pray (prob. more praying than cheering) for the Pats, i mean if they do pull out a miracle at least i could say that Blackman beat the team that beat the warriors!!! i mean you never know what could happen at Freedom Field, this is the first time the game is at oakland (correct me if i am wrong) so you never know whay might, repeat might, happen.