Hardest postion to play?

the muffin man

I would have to go with either QB of Middle Linebacker. If your a QB WITHOUT a great running back to feed the ball to 25+ times a game, this would be a very hard position to play. And even if you do have that great running back, you still have to read everything pre-snap, and make all those calls. Middle Linebackers are the leaders of the defense and make all the checks at the line of scrimmage, they're responsible for knowing where everyone is suppost to be line up at, and making sure they're there. We really don't have a problem with this tho, but some might. Then they have to blow up the lead blockers, make lots of tackles, drop in coverage, etc. Luckily our team, Campbell Co., has a very good middle linebacker that does all this exceptionally well, Brian Slover.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Qb then Middle linebacker which is the Qb of the defense.

-Corner back is difficult but not top five because its half the plays they are involved in linebackers are every play regardless of direction or run/pass.

-Another overlooked on is center he anchors the line and responsible for audibles and still has to snap and block, but most fast guys think it is easy.

-And a D-end in 9-technique is extremely difficult but considering they focus only on one side and containment it is not as hard as say Qb, linebacker, or Center.

-Kickers do not have that difficult of a job, there is a difference in pressure and difficult. they just sit around and wait most of the time and dont practice, it the total package that makes a position difficult.

As far as needing quality per quantities of play, people will laugh, but it has to be placekicker as the toughest position to play. Think about it, how many high school games do you see kickers do their job WELL? It's really not just about getting the ball through the sticks, its timing, height, ball rotation, and accuracy. The pressure thing is way overrated in my book, for what its worth. This, of course, relies on quality snapper/holder/line. This being said, Im not going to sit here and say its the most important position, just the toughest to do WELL per opportunity.

Simply an opinion.

There's a difference between hard to play and hard to play well. Every postition is difficult to play well. There is also a difference between mentally tough and physically tough to play. QB is mentally tough(usually) Defensive line is physically tough(that is why d-lineman rotate in and out so much). o-line is physically and mentally tough as is line backer. Every position requires different strengths so the whole question of which is tougher is really just a dumb question.

i thought having the skill to do a job was also pretty difficult, when people say kicking is hard, they don't mean in a manner of physicality. While you need a strong leg there are more important parts of kickers game:

1.) Being clutch. Like you said, they sit around for alot of the time and then have one maybe 2 shots to make an impact on the game. No chance to redeem themselves. And if they screw up their one oppotunity, they lose the game, no other position has that much pressure on a single appearance.

2.) The art of kicking. People who don't kick have no idea the time it takes to get your swing perfect everytime(golfers do i guess). If you want to be consistant, you have to practice. Ive seen some big boys get up there and toeball it through, but their percentages are generally nowhere near the range of soccer-style kickers.

3.) Finally having to hear from all the fat lineman say they are not athletes. Lineman aren't coming out to play soccer, be nice if they did 'cause it would make for a good laugh. prolly the same as a kicker trying to play line or linebacker.

Fact is kicking is still NOT the most difficult position on the field but it deserves its respect. Besides if kickers didn't sit around during practice how would they get properly tanned in order to score all the chicks??

I'm not saying kicking isnt easy but being a lineman is way harder than being a kicker. how many games in a season for one team come down to a game winning kick, not many. Lineman have the physical and mental. they have pressure (true not as much but they do anchor the offense), they have to be more physically ready to play and tough. kicker walks out and makes sure he steps right and kicks, lineman has to memorize plays and react to blitzes.

Im not saying either is the hardest on the field but o-line is definately harder than Kicker.

As for soccer, it is a great sport but lineman play football because they are built for it. you rarely see kickers playing rugby which is the blend of soccer and football but many linemen play in the off season. think about that.

Guest region4fan

Take on a double team all night by guys twice your size and I think you will agree that being a lineman is the hardest position there is. You get hit every single play , and usually play both ways so it is hard sometimes to remember which one you are on....O or D. If the back doesn't hit the huge hole that you made for him, everyone screams from the stands,,,,,,,,BLOCK SOMEBODY....ooooh makes me furious to think about it.