McMinn Co. -vs- Soddy Daisy

TribeFan

I bet if you took a poll of the all the SD players that 95% of them are looking forward to the Ooltewah game and that could be a costly mistake. You can not tell me that 15-17 year old kids do not know what the situation is and that if they beat Ooltewah they have a chance to be region champs. Not to mention all of the hype and excitemnet that will happen if Ooltewah and SD are both undefeated coming into next week.... McMinn is a after thought this week SD is looking to the Ooltewah game... Watch out Trojans there is a tribe of cherokees ready to take advantage of your mistake..... GO TRIBE!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the ooltewah people have to go on everythread talking.  I agree with you KnoxSOddyBoy.  What about GradfromtheNest, does he stay on COACHT all day and night, he has like 5,000 posts a day or something.  YOu go to the main board where it lists each sport and like half of them are a post by him. He must be an authority on everything from soccer to cross country to football to the debate team.  I guess some people have too much time.

825367956[/snapback]

defend56, I know gradfromthenest, I've watched games with gradfromthenest, gradfromthenest is a friend of mine........defend56, you're no gradfromthenest.

B)

not to hurt any ones feelings but i just dont think that McMinn has the Offense to put enough points on the board against that Hard Nosed Soddy defense. Soddy has been playing well this season and with dbs like Josh ward and Trey Baker i dont hink they will have a pass game and i think with the defensive line that soddy has and right behind them is Doodle that they will not put enough points on the board to hang with Soddys Passing game.

ParkDawg3412 is a homo.

I really don't want this to seem or be confrontational, but I don't understand why you would say that no one on the Soddy team has inspired them to play well every game.  Yes, SD has has their sloppy moments, as every team has had.  I've been to pretty much every game and I've seen the inspiration and motivation that you are doubting.  Look at their record, obviously someone is inspired in Soddy-Daisy.

825369064[/snapback]

I agree that this should not be confrontational.

The reason that I said what I said is because of their poor performance the last two weeks (I've seen every game except William Blount and Bradley, by the way) coupled with the Ooltewah game looming large in the very near future. The team knows, as well as most others, that the regular season now comes down to two games--Ooltewah and Oak Ridge. There is great potential for another sloppy game this week against McMinn; they have played poorly against Hixson and Heritage, and I don't see anyone stepping up to convince me that things will be different this week.

I guess what I am looking for is the players to decide that they want to play their best every week in order to improve as a team. The way I see it, people are just biding their time until the Ooltewah game, like the games until then are an afterthought. Every game has the potential of being a loss, and each game also provides an opportunity to make improvement. I don't see that desire to improve. Nor do I see great motivation either; just look at the Hixson game. Soddy should have been able to run up and down the field, but the running game just wasn't there.

I've gone way too long here, but also note that I still expect Soddy to win against McMinn. Just don't expect a very impressive victory.

I've gone way too long here, but also note that I still expect Soddy to win against McMinn.  Just don't expect a very impressive victory.

825370146[/snapback]

A win is a win....Sloppy or not.

You say that Soddy couldn't run the ball. While you were at the game, did you notice the 9 man front against our offensive line? It's kind of hard to run against 9 guys. So we threw the ball. Heritage did the same thing…and I expect McMinn to also stack the line.

A win is still a win....

Alright,I've read all the post on here and now here comes some reality...Sorry McMinn Fans but Mullinax is still gone..this is not the same Cherokee team of the past! Nor is this the same Soddy team from the past...Soddy is two platoon now with an outstanding passing game..YES thats right a passing game..as well as the running game..Yes they have had close calls the past couple of weeks..But Soddy will be ready.....Ofcourse McMinn has some athletes and what not but Soddy has them at every position..PLUS THEY have the Grand General of all High School football in chattown..Tom Weathers he has mad progress in leaps and bounds with this Trojan team

SD38

MCHS 17

Edited by Golden Eagle