Will Pujols Finally win his MVP

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Bonds wins in a landslide.  I was a little surprissed that he won so easily.  Apparently, Rolen and Edmonds did not hurt Pujols that much.  Pujols and Edmonds each got 1 first place vote. 

If I was starting a team right now, I would take Pujols without question.

825435046[/snapback]

I'd either take Pujols or A-Rod, probably Pujols, if I was starting a team.

But if I was trying to win it all *THIS YEAR* I'd pick Bonds.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd either take Pujols or A-Rod, probably Pujols, if I was starting a team.

But if I was trying to win it all *THIS YEAR* I'd pick Bonds.

825436371[/snapback]

Let me clarify if I was building a team for the future I would take Pujols. He doesn't turn 25 until January.

I think Barry is retiring after 2006 or after 2005 if he breaks the career HR record this year which is not likely.

• 2 weeks later...
Bonds won't retire for another 3 seasons and he will win every MVP until he retires. He keeps getting better and better, Too bad I can't say the same thing about the Giants.

825458397[/snapback]

I think the BALCO rumors might drive Bonds into retirement after he sets the career HR record.

My Giants have been painful to watch lately. However, they signed a closer, Armando Benitez, which they needed badly and they also signed Omar Vizquel which will improve their infield defense. So, the Giants have upgraded somewhat. I don't know if they have upgraded enough to beat out the Dodgers and/or the Padres. They will really miss Dave Burba - NOT!

I think the BALCO rumors might drive Bonds into retirement after he sets the career HR record.

My Giants have been painful to watch lately.  However, they signed a closer, Armando Benitez, which they needed badly and they also signed Omar Vizquel which will improve their infield defense.  So, the Giants have upgraded somewhat.  I don't know if they have upgraded enough to beat out the Dodgers and/or the Padres.  They will really miss Dave Burba - NOT!

825462352[/snapback]

Vizquel doesn't do a thing for their biggest need, which would best be termed "giving teams a reason to pitch to Bonds." You gotta get people not wearing #25 on base at some point!

Vizquel doesn't do a thing for their biggest need, which would best be termed "giving teams a reason to pitch to Bonds."  You gotta get people not wearing #25 on base at some point!

825462697[/snapback]

Contrary to popular belief, the Giants finished second in the NL to the Cardinals in runs scored and 5th in BA. However, their pitching was 11th based on ERA and they converted only 46 of 74 save opportunities which is better than only the Reds and the Rockies.

Contrary to popular belief, the Giants finished second in the NL to the Cardinals in runs scored and 5th in BA.  However, their pitching was 11th based on ERA and they converted only 46 of 74 save opportunities which is better than only the Reds and the Rockies.

825464622[/snapback]

Yes, but Bonds' impact on the run scoring was massive. If they had another bat, they score a lot more runs. A lot.

Yes, but Bonds' impact on the run scoring was massive.  If they had another bat, they score a lot more runs.  A lot.

825464855[/snapback]

Heard that!

The Giants definitely need someone in the 3 and 5 hole to protect Bonds. Alfonzo, Felix, Michael Tucker and Marquis Grissom have not been getting it done. I keep expecting Felix to have a breakout year maybe it will happen in 2005. J.T. Snow batted .327 but only played 107 games and did not have power numbers. Pierzynski started slowly and then got hot before cooling off late in the year.

I think your Cardinals will be the team to beat again. They do need to pick up some starting pitching. I think the Padres are an up and coming team. The Cubs are talking about free agent signings - maybe, Beltran - but they have to get rid of Sosa and his contract.

BTW. Today's Giambi revelations seem to implicate Bonds' trainer if not Bonds directly.

Edited by Bighurt

Heard that!

The Giants definitely need someone in the 3 and 5 hole to protect Bonds.  Alfonzo, Felix, Michael Tucker and Marquis Grissom have not been getting it done.  I keep expecting Felix to have a breakout year maybe it will happen in 2005.  J.T. Snow batted .327 but only played 107 games and did not have power numbers.  Pierzynski started slowly and then got hot before cooling off late in the year. 

I think your Cardinals will be the team to beat again.  They do need to pick up some starting pitching.  I think the Padres are an up and coming team.  The Cubs are talking about free agent signings - maybe, Beltran - but they have to get rid of Sosa and his contract.

825465050[/snapback]

I had the Padres winning the West last year...then again, I've had Philadelphia winning the East the last two years...and as of right now, they'd be my pick for this coming season. Now that they finally dropped the guillotine on Larry Bowa, I think they'll be able to get over the top.

The Cardinals will be good this year -- they won't be massively underrated like going into last year, but they will fall off a bit too. I did think the media was getting way too giddy on the Cubs/Astros train and ignoring St. Louis last year, but that won't happen again. I think the Cards should be able to win the division -- Houston's going to be older, Chicago's going to be older as well (not to mention that I think Dusty Baker has consistently made Chicago a little worse than they should be). But there's a long way to go.

As far as getting rid of Sosa, the Cubs won't get much for him at all. His team option for $17 million becomes guaranteed if he's traded, so the Cubs will have to decide between cash and players if they trade him. Nobody will take his contract *AND* give real players back, the best the Cubs can hope for would be another bad contract and a prospect for Sosa and Cash or something like that.

Call me an evil-hearted person, but I've been loving the Sosa implosion. I'm glad everybody's finally seeing him for what he is, not what the media hyped him to be in 1998 -- the media liked him more than McGwire because Sosa loved the media, while McGwire loved the fans. I'd rather have a player who loves the fans. And speaking of Bonds, I think he's in the loves-the-fans category...but the media won't ever let him get that label because he makes it obvious he hates their guts.

. . . Call me an evil-hearted person, but I've been loving the Sosa implosion.  I'm glad everybody's finally seeing him for what he is, not what the media hyped him to be in 1998 -- the media liked him more than McGwire because Sosa loved the media, while McGwire loved the fans.  I'd rather have a player who loves the fans.  And speaking of Bonds, I think he's in the loves-the-fans category...but the media won't ever let him get that label because he makes it obvious he hates their guts.

825465226[/snapback]

I am a huge McGwire fan. He conducted himself with class and left the game with class.

I am very ambivalent about Bonds. I have seen him reach out to the fans but I had a bad experience with him in St. Louis about 7 years ago. I think he has gotten more fan-friendly as he has gotten older. I also don't think he is a good teammate.