Dresden vs. McKenzie

68roadrunner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add another Rebels fan that will pick Dresden in this game. And it may or may not be close! It all depends on the attitude of the Rebels when they show up.They have been down for two weeks now and haven't played well. If they play like they are capable of they will win this game! They haven't completely done that this season. Their best game was probably against Camden and they didn't play offense then untill about 3 minutes to go in the first half.

I will guess that it will depend on whether or not they remember last season or not and want to issue a "pay-back" to Dresden for the loss they handed the Rebels last season!? We will see.

I have to agree with baseballguy, The McKenzie defense did look better against Riverside. don't know if it was because riverside's offense was that weak or if we just played better??

The Rebel offense didn't play well against Riverside though.

I imagine that Dresden has a better offense than Riverside did though so, our defense will stilll have to step up a notch from last week and the offense HAS to get back on track!!!!!!!!

This should be a close one and I'll be pullin' for the Rebels!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

I was at the Riverside and McKenzie game last friday. I will give credit to McKenzie's defense they did a good job stopping Riverside's running game for 3-1/2 quarters. But on Riverside winning drive they run the ball right at McKenzie. Riverside's TB Smith ended up with 136 yards. If Dresden can run the ball like I have heard they will have a lot of success.

Drew Hayes is the best QB Riverside has faced this year. But McKenzie does not have a running game. ALSO HAYES THROWS 90% OF THE TIME TO #82 LACEY.(HINT DRESDEN). If Dresden will cover #82 on every passing play they will win. Riversides defense new this going in and they picked him off 2 or 3 times.

If McKenzie does not create a running game and establish more receiving threats it will make it hard for them to win.

I want McKenzie to win but they are going to have to change things.

825370707[/snapback]

Let me correct you on a few things. McKenzie DOES have a running game, but sometimes they chose not to utilize it. For what reason, I don't know. Hayes has a whole stable full of receivers he can throw to if you look at the stats from this year. Covering Randy Lacey will help them to win, but it will by no means win them the game. If Dresden doesn't respect the run, they will be beat by it. It may not be the best running game in the world, but if used right, it can be a very potent one. The O-Line controls the fate of that. G'Luck to the Rebels!

I was at the Riverside and McKenzie game last friday. I will give credit to McKenzie's defense they did a good job stopping Riverside's running game for 3-1/2 quarters. But on Riverside winning drive they run the ball right at McKenzie. Riverside's TB Smith ended up with 136 yards. If Dresden can run the ball like I have heard they will have a lot of success.

Drew Hayes is the best QB Riverside has faced this year. But McKenzie does not have a running game. ALSO HAYES THROWS 90% OF THE TIME TO #82 LACEY.(HINT DRESDEN). If Dresden will cover #82 on every passing play they will win. Riversides defense new this going in and they picked him off 2 or 3 times.

If McKenzie does not create a running game and establish more receiving threats it will make it hard for them to win.

I want McKenzie to win but they are going to have to change things.

825370707[/snapback]

Look. McKenzie has a very potent running game. Someone by the name of Cody Cook. You might have heard of him. He seems to be pretty well known. Well, by everyone but you. We don't need to create a running game, we just need to USE HIM for a change, and USE HIM wisely. And by the way, we have more than just Lacey at reciever. Let's see, there's Greg Pruitt, Glenn Smith, Julian Tucker, Cody Cook coming out of the backfield and a very talented tightend by the name of Clint Anderson. To be honest with you, Anderson is probably the best of the recievers (no offense Petey, you are good, but Clint just refuses to go down though!!) The only thing you said that I agree with is that McKenzie needs to change things to win. But that is up to the Coach. Good luck Friday Rebels!!

I this will be a very close game. Dresden has an awesome run game, McKensie has a GREAT passing game with Drew leading the way. I think that if dresden can score often and some what try to keep Hays and company halfway under control dresden will win. I was at dresden's last game vs. westview. their 2ndary is well less than perfect. Number 9 kid did good having two pics (davidson i belive ?) but also westview did score at a key time by a 40 yard TD. if Dresden's 2ndary can halfway keep Hays under there nose and their D-line to pressure him dresden will win. If not, it'll be very close. I predict this will be a HIGH scoreing game. with dresden winning by a touchdown.

Edited by OneOfTheFans