5A in East TN week #7

Red81KPsmash

With region game #4, playoff positioning becomes very important. Here is a look at this weeks games:

Region 1

Sevier Co. @ DB - DB will probably be mad after a "lack-luster" performance last week. Sevier Co. got shut out by a very average Campbell Co. team and has not scored in 2 weeks. Long night for the Bears.

Science Hill @ Jeff.Co. - It will be interesting to see how the Patriots will respond to their coach's decision to go for two and failing at Karns. I think they rebound and beat the Toppers.

Karns @ SD - Interesting because it is Riley vs. Riley. Spencer is the D. Cord. for Karns and Rocky the O. Cord. for SD. Karns showed promise and SD apparently played well last week. Toss up

Bearden @ Campbell Co. - Somehow Campbell Co. keeps winning against bad teams. CC wins and is in the drivers seat for a playoff game.

** Side note - Region 1 is way down this year, other than DB

Region 2

Bradley Co. @ Farragut - Farragut goes to 7-0 this week and finishes 7-3 and in 4th in the region. Bradley is BAD!!!

Oak Ridge @ William Blount - Blount always plays OR tough, but the Govs ship has sunk. OR in a better than you would think game.

Ooltewah @ Heritage - Long trip for the Owls. Mountaineers better hope for bus trouble. Ooltewah big.

McMinn @ Soddy - It is put up or shut up for the boys in Athens. A loss eliminates the Cherokees from the playoffs. Soddy looked ad last week vs. Heritage. A close game with Soddy getting the 'Kees in the end.

Red81KPsmash,

Another great post - a couple of additions/thoughts -

Sevier County should be mad, too and the Indians have not been real sharp - sort of playing to the competition...Sevier Co capable of being better than the past two weeks -healthy RB?

Science Hill has lost their QB and will have to go to a back-up, who could be Joslin (one of their fine receivers)...Jeff Co should be real mad..

Karns is now playing for playoff position and South Doyle has to start thinking they can compete with someone for an entire game - showed alot vs. D-B -

Campbell Co wants respect and keeps playing to get it, they, too are playing for playoff positioning. Bearden has a good QB with very little help.

The McMinn co - Soddy Daisy game will establish a lot for region 2, with the winner still in position for a top or at least top two spot in the playoffs..

Farragut gets final warm-up before the fireworks begin, who made their schedule?

Oak Ridge not the type of team to yawn, they will be ready for a Wm Blount team who should be in a stronger position than they are.

Ooltewah stretches their wings

Some questions will be answered this week, but the tougher questions get asked beginning next.

Roll Tribe Roll

With region game #4, playoff positioning becomes very important. Here is a look at this weeks games:

Region 1

Sevier Co. @ DB - DB will probably be mad after a "lack-luster" performance last week. Sevier Co. got shut out by a very average Campbell Co. team and has not scored in 2 weeks. Long night for the Bears.

Science Hill @ Jeff.Co. - It will be interesting to see how the Patriots will respond to their coach's decision to go for two and failing at Karns. I think they rebound and beat the Toppers.

Karns @ SD - Interesting because it is Riley vs. Riley. Spencer is the D. Cord. for Karns and Rocky the O. Cord. for SD. Karns showed promise and SD apparently played well last week. Toss up

Bearden @ Campbell Co. - Somehow Campbell Co. keeps winning against bad teams. CC wins and is in the drivers seat for a playoff game.

** Side note - Region 1 is way down this year, other than DB

Region 2

Bradley Co. @ Farragut - Farragut goes to 7-0 this week and finishes 7-3 and in 4th in the region. Bradley is BAD!!!

Oak Ridge @ William Blount - Blount always plays OR tough, but the Govs ship has sunk. OR in a better than you would think game.

Ooltewah @ Heritage - Long trip for the Owls. Mountaineers better hope for bus trouble. Ooltewah big.

McMinn @ Soddy - It is put up or shut up for the boys in Athens. A loss eliminates the Cherokees from the playoffs. Soddy looked ad last week vs. Heritage. A close game with Soddy getting the 'Kees in the end.

825368287[/snapback]

Region 1

DB Crushes Sevier County(Bears No Postseason)

Jeff Co. Over science Hill(BIG Game!)

Karns Big Over south doyle(Kees Go winless again!)

Campbell County Over Bearden(Cougars In Playoff Drive!)

Region 2

Farragut Rips Bradley central(Farragut Tries To End 10-0!)

Oak Ridges DESTROYS William Blount(Govs Eliminated From Playoffs!)

Ooltewah Tears Heritage(Owls want To End 10-0!)

Soddy Daisy KILLS McMinn County(Kees Out Of Playoffs!,SD Wants To Be 10-0!)

Red81KPsmash,

Yes, it is homecoming this week for D-B and I am not sure the record for the homecoming game...I'll see if I can research that and get back to you tomorrow...I do, however, think it is pretty good...but, as with anywhere, we don't want the players getting too caught up in all the festivities, but also don't want them to miss out entirely on a positive high school tradition...so, with a very capable opponent coming in it is a balancing act, with the beam tilted to being as prepared as possible and hope the distractions aren't too great.

Do you know if the Vane kid is healthy? and playing this week?...I know he missed the Oak Ridge game and was the leading rusher in the conference before that game...obviously a very good player.

Are you all ready? I'd say you are. Good luck.

Roll Tribe Roll