Powell Panthers

PLACALL

I was looking at the schedule and thought they have not played anyone. The big loss to Maryville shows they are not as talented as one would have thought. They have the biggest line in Tn, but are not dominating anyone. Except for Morristown East. They hit Knoxville West this week and will probably have trouble. They will have to win two of the the next 4 to keep it. They have to beat two of last 4 teams. West, Central, Carter, Clinton. Best chance is Carter, and Clinton.

Just wondering how long it would be before Powell fans realized that they are good but overated.Big,yes but not dominating with their size.Just wondering where they would be without Lee smith in the line-up.But Powell should beat Clinton and Carter.

If you lose Cody Watts to injury your done,I hope not,You better enjoy what you get this year because your thin next year.Oh yeah,Brian Huber-overrated.just wait to see how long he last with the "boyzzs" at BAMA??????

Edited by avidfan

Overrated?? I dont htink anyone other than Powell fans expected them to be any better than normal, which is 3rd or 4th in the region and hoping to make the playoffs. How many people do you think really expected them to beat maryville? Powell will lose to Central and West and be 4th in the region, Im glad to see people talking about Lee Smith, I told everyone in pre season that he was the REAL prize from Central NOT Huber.

Overrated?? I dont htink anyone other than Powell fans expected them to be any better than normal, which is 3rd or 4th in the region and hoping to make the playoffs. How many people do you think really expected them to beat maryville? Powell will lose to Central and West and be 4th in the region, Im glad to see people talking about Lee Smith, I told everyone in pre season that he was the REAL prize from Central NOT Huber.

825368539[/snapback]

actually......a ton of ppl expected them to beat maryville.....there whole team beleived it.....well untill those first few seconds rolled off at sheilds stadium that is.....and before the season, and even during the season, a lot of people expected them to either finish 1 or 2 in the region, and to come in the playoffs having a few home games....so i will have to disagree with your post...roll rebs

Powell was very physical. If this years team had a Derek Milligan at tailback they would be scary. Powell's quarterback and Lee Smith are Powell's only weapons on offense.

Pigskinrules. I agree with you. Lee Smith is the prize transfer. Huber is a good player.Huber isn't a linebacker. He needs to be on the defensive line. He played well at defensive end for Central last season. Lee Smith is a stud. UT should take a good look at Smith. How scary would Central been if Smith and Huber was still playing there?

Except for Alcoa,Powell is the best team Maryville has seen this year so far.

First of all M REBEL, Central WILL NOT lose by the same margin that Powell did. In fact, I think the Bobcats have the best chance of anybody in upsetting Maryville. Now, .......I did not say that it was gonna happen, but I think the "mojo" factor has to run out at some point. Central/Maryville will be a good one.

Now..... about Powell being overrated, I think there is some credence in that, but actually I look for Powell to upset West this week which is a big win for them :blink: West is good, but with the game being at Powell, it makes for a tougher task.

I am looking forward to the week 10 matchup between Powell/Central. The Bobcats have plenty of reason to be fired up for that one as it marks the return of players/coach that were Bobcats in 2003. While the Bobcats will not talk much "smack", their execution on the field will say it all that night. The game will be televised on CSS that night (marking the first Central broadcast by CSS all season what a shame) and should be a standing room only crowd.