4a Playoffs

turf_master_s2s

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, Maryville is very good this year and i love my Rebels. I think however, our #1 ranking could be based solely on tradition. State champs in 64', 70', 76', 78', 98', 00', 01', and 02' really puffs my chest out... I'm just not sure this year's team is in the same category. No question we have the best coaching staff in the state, and this could be what takes us to the 'boro. The loss of Lawhon will be difficult to replace and I hope that someone will step up and do the job. Our RB's (#32 and #26) are strong and break tackles, our QB (#7) is the real deal and may be the best in the state other than Ferguson of DB. I feel really good about our O, but my concern is with the Rebel's D. I love #98 and #52, but against Powell their QB got outside the edge for big gains, and we were susceptible to the short passing game. Let's be realistic, if Powell's QB doesn't fumble on the goaline in the 3rd quarter, then we have a 21-17 dogfight on our hands. But this of course did not happen and we caught some breaks, then ran away with it.

To say we can't go back to the 'boro... I sure hope so, but some of the posts I am reading about our beloved Rebels are very bold and I don't want to take any team for granted right now.

Go Rebs!

Edited by LoyalRebFan

Tennessee High... Sullivan East... Ya'll have no idea what it takes to make it through the playoffs, you will step foot on the same field as Maryville and already be beat, someone will come out of the west and present a great state championship game for Maryville... See you in the Boro..... haha, Tennessee High, haha, good one

825375038[/snapback]

I'm tired of people talking about teams they've never seen play. Maryville has an excellent team this year. How do I know this? I saw them play. However, I have also seen every THS game this year, and they are a very good team also. THS has a lot of team speed and the Defense has been unbelievable. Vikes have a lot of weapons where you cannot key on any certain player. I think that the Cherokee coach put it best when he said, "there are athletes all over the field." So get off your high and mighty horse and realize that there are a lot of games left to play, and it's not automatic that either Rebs or Vikes will make it that far in the playoffs. We'll take one game at a time and see how far we go. If Maryville's defense was anywhere close to that of Mo West in 03', then I would agree that Maryville will bring back the state championship, but they are not even close. Your offense could score on anyone, and you have an excellent coaching staff, but so do we. Best of luck to both teams. If we meet up in the semi's, then so be it.