mckenzie rebels

hardhead70

After 5-6 seasons of relative success, the way things are going here in McKenzie will naturally cause some disturbance among us Rebel fans!!

I have heard rumors of some dissention amongst the players but, I don't know anything about that for certain. There are many things that don't add up going on here that are visible to those who look but, those things can't be changed at this late date in the season. I do know that the Rebels are better than their record, they just have failed to perform up to that level thus far. With the toughest part of their schedule coming up the next 4 weeks, it will be tough for them to salvage a decent season but, still quite possible to make the playoffs and redeem themselves considerably.

To summarize this season for McKenzie's Rebels, there have been many mistakes made by coaches, players, and fans (and referees)!!!!!! I guess we have gotten so spoiled to winning seasons and playoff success that we forgot that it takes dedication, sacrafice, work and support all together to keep that going on into the future.

It doesn't just fall into our lap!!!!!

There is 1 problem with the McKenzie football team...It's not the coaches or referees thats for sure...It's the players. They simply dont "Want it." To succeed u have to want a victory. In the past years of success for McKenzie, they played with a lot of pride. Right now (judging from the players attitudes) it seems that they dont even care. Some players need to step up and show a little leadership and people would be amazed how good this team could be.

I hate when someone uses the phrase "the other team wanted it more"...what is that???? like the losing team didnt want to win? Thats the biggest bunch of bullcrap I have ever heard. Like when the Titans scored on the last kickoff return to beat the bills i think?...yea that crazy play. Can you still say "the titans wanted it more". That lines a joke!!!!!!

I hate when someone uses the phrase "the other team wanted it more"...what is that???? like the losing team didnt want to win? Thats the biggest bunch of bullcrap I have ever heard. Like when the Titans scored on the last kickoff return to beat the bills i think?...yea that crazy play. Can you still say "the titans wanted it more". That lines a joke!!!!!!

825370874[/snapback]

There are times when a team lacks the fire and goes through the motions while the other team is fired up. So, yes, the phrase "the other team wanted it more" applies to different situations in sports, but, not every game. That is something a coach will say because he can tell better than anyone else whether or not his team is putting forth the effort needed to succeed.

In the case of the Titans/Bills playoff game, that was a trick play and had nothing to do with that phrase.

825370874[/snapback]

I've been around a team that didn't want it before. I'm not talking about every kid, but there were more that would rather be somewhere else than at practice or at a game especially when they were getting beat.

Thank you sportsradiotn and futbolfan,

I agree with ya'll. This phrase speaks of teams as a whole not individual players and I too have seen it to be true! The problems at McKenzie this season cannot be blamed on the coaches entirely or on the players entirely. THEY ARE ALL THE TEAM!!! They really need to come together as a unit and have a common goal of salvaging the rest of the season!!!

Just my $.02 worth!