Any news on changes in 3A?

junior

With Region 2-3A already full, we can't imagine anyone else coming in. So far it looks like this

AUSTIN EAST

FULTON

ANDERSON CO.

KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC

GIBBS

KINGSTON

CARTER

SCOTT CO.

That is really to many to have in one region. We also can't imagine Sequoya and Tellico Plains wanting to be in that region. Are they asking for a flogging?

Although if Sullivan North moves up

then that would clear the way for 1 maybe two teams. Scott Co. is one logical choice to go into that region. While Gibbs is a Knoxville school would love to go into that region to be more competitive. Carter Also close to that region might also be a logical choice. TSSAA is trying to keep more rivalries, and keep travel down, but sometimes and can't help it.

With Region 2-3A already full, we can't imagine anyone else coming in.  So far it looks like this

AUSTIN EAST

FULTON

ANDERSON CO.

KNOXVILLE CATHOLIC

GIBBS

KINGSTON

CARTER

SCOTT CO.

That is really to many to have in one region.  We also can't imagine Sequoya and Tellico Plains wanting to be in that region.  Are they asking for a flogging?

Although if Sullivan North moves up

then that would clear the way for 1 maybe two teams.  Scott Co. is one logical choice to go into that region.  While Gibbs is a Knoxville school would love to go into that region to be more competitive.  Carter Also close to that region might also be a logical choice.  TSSAA is trying to keep more rivalries, and keep travel down, but sometimes and can't help it.

825371032[/snapback]

Is Carter not a 4A school? are they moving down? According to Sullivan North staff members they are definitely moving up to 4A next year?

If anyone moves to Region 1, it would be Gibbs or Carter or both. I don't think Scott is going to be moved, but you never know with the TSSAA. Sullivan North will most likely move up to keep travel down and to maintain rivalries. I just hope that the regions have even number of teams as much as possible. I think that the way the regions are now, to take 4 playoff teams from region 1 and 3 when each has 6 and 5 teams, respectively, when region 2 has 8 teams just isn't quite fair. But i'm very interested to see what happens.