Up to date 1A Top 10

divepix

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can any top ten not include Mt. Pleasant? Theyare the highest scoring team in the state, and I am not a fan of theirs, but I haven't seen them running up the score. They are also in the top 5 in point allowed. Give credit where credit is due. Mt. Pleasant is the real deal folks. Their closest game was Huntland, they pitch a shutout and won by 21 points!

Edited by mbraiders

How can any top ten not include Mt. Pleasant? Theyare the highest scoring team in the state, and I am not a fan of theirs, but I haven't seen them running up the score. They are also in the top 5 in point allowed. Give credit where credit is due. Mt. Pleasant is the real deal folks. Their closest game was Huntland, they pitch a shutout and won by 21 points!

825395894[/snapback]

Pay no attention to Chrisburr's posts. He has established the fact that he has no crediblity long ago.

825395894[/snapback]

To supplement divepix's post above, I think we should all club together and buy Chris Burr a new Tennessee map. Obviously the one he has got is ripped and he is not aware that real estate exists anywhere west of Chattanooga.

[i would not include Coalfield, Unaka or West Carroll on the list at all. As we all know Regions 1 and 2 are extremely weak and as we all saw with Cloudland last year, they are not up to the caliber of the rest of the state. West Carroll in Region 8 also plays a weak schedule and they will not get past USJ.

Cloudland, with Mr. Football playing on a deep thigh bruise, lost in an upset last year; but that was, indeed LAST YEAR.

And this is NOT to argue against your point. In fact I actually agree that Regioin 1 might not play into the late rounds this year. But like so many others, you pick out a single upset against the team that reached the semi-finals the year before, and the Title game the year before that. Regions 1 and 2 have been weaker; but you simply picked a terrible example.

My end of regular season (pre-playoff) Top 10 1A:

1. Boyd Buchanan. Still #1 until someone can knock them off, which won't be until Murfreesboro if it happens. Will breeze through east bracket.

2. DCA. Best chance to meet Boyd in boro. Would be a great game. Has to beat some good teams to get there.

3. USJ. Win over JCS moves them up this week. Rematch will happen and I predict JCS wins next one.

4. Jackson Christian. Close loss to USJ is impressive. Only other loss to DCA.

5. Mt. Pleasant. Close win over Cascade drops them a little, but still best chance for public to go to Murfreesboro. Could beat CPA in 2nd round if that game happens

6. Friendship. Impressive year, but won't get past BB in East. May make semis.

7. CPA. Really struggling at this point. Must play better to win, even to beat Huntland. At this point, can't see them going far in playoffs.

8. Davidson Academy. Getting better each week. Predict they beat Wayne Co. in first round.

9. Wayne Co. Really good Region runnerup. Tough draw 1st round with Davidson.

10. Greenback. Best of Knoxville area. Can't beat Boyd or Friendship.

Others to watch. West Carroll, Cascade, Midway

• 3 weeks later...
My end of regular season (pre-playoff) Top 10 1A:

1. Boyd Buchanan. Still #1 until someone can knock them off, which won't be until Murfreesboro if it happens. Will breeze through east bracket.

2. DCA. Best chance to meet Boyd in boro. Would be a great game. Has to beat some good teams to get there.

3. USJ. Win over JCS moves them up this week. Rematch will happen and I predict JCS wins next one.

4. Jackson Christian. Close loss to USJ is impressive. Only other loss to DCA.

5. Mt. Pleasant. Close win over Cascade drops them a little, but still best chance for public to go to Murfreesboro. Could beat CPA in 2nd round if that game happens

6. Friendship. Impressive year, but won't get past BB in East. May make semis.

7. CPA. Really struggling at this point. Must play better to win, even to beat Huntland. At this point, can't see them going far in playoffs.

8. Davidson Academy. Getting better each week. Predict they beat Wayne Co. in first round.

9. Wayne Co. Really good Region runnerup. Tough draw 1st round with Davidson.

10. Greenback. Best of Knoxville area. Can't beat Boyd or Friendship.

Others to watch. West Carroll, Cascade, Midway

825407389[/snapback]

Well, we're 2 weeks later and the only change I make is Wayne County #8, Davidson #9. Sorry, Coalfield, still not convinced you are Top 10, but polls don't matter in a playoff system so the 8 who remain are to be congratulated. I believe DCA is the only team that can beat Boyd in finals. If DCA loses in the next 2 weeks (Boyd won't), the title is Boyd's.