Portland @ Livingston Academy

livingstonfreak

I will be there as well to watch the Smith County-Portland game.  Ive watched Wilmore play this year at a couple different games, and to me he just didnt look all that good.  People are talkin about "If Wilmore is back", I think hands down Portland will dominate this game no matter if Smith has Wilmore or not.

825391499[/snapback]

I guess he didn't look that good to you...because he had a pretty severe concussion in the 1st half. He didn't have a carry in the 2nd half. It's a miracle he even played after the 1st quarter. What other game are you talking about?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there as well to watch the Smith County-Portland game.  Ive watched Wilmore play this year at a couple different games, and to me he just didnt look all that good.  People are talkin about "If Wilmore is back", I think hands down Portland will dominate this game no matter if Smith has Wilmore or not.

825391499[/snapback]

I agree with you about Wilmore. To me he is not even the best back on their team. In my opinion Dyer is a much more dangerous threat than Wilmore.

I guess he didn't look that good to you...because he had a pretty severe concussion in the 1st half.  He didn't have a carry in the 2nd half.  It's a miracle he even played after the 1st quarter.  What other game are you talking about?

825391506[/snapback]

The Macon County game. I stood in the endzone for that one. They shut him down pretty good.

I agree with you about Wilmore. To me he is not even the best back on their team.  In my opinion Dyer is a much more dangerous threat than Wilmore.

825391517[/snapback]

Now I dont know if I would go that far or not. Im not trying to take anything away from Wilmore, Im just saying that he hasnt impressed me as much as I had thought.

how are you not convinced that the best team won, what excuse do you have, was it the refs was it the chain gang, was it livingston outplayed the panthers that night, i am going to go with that one, portland needs to win out to help out livingston and after that i wish portland the best and i hope they can go as far as they can as long they don't play livingston again.

825391099[/snapback]

No excuses from me. I've already told you my thoughts. If you can't understand English, I'm sorry. The best team is not always the team that wins the game. OT would not have happened if the field goal Portland kicked had not been partially blocked. The person who got a hand on the ball gave LA the opportunity to win and they did. I appreciate the support from you in the playoffs and I'm sure you don't want to play us again. :D

:P

The truth is Portland's program has fallen a little and some other have risen a little. I think PTown had a great thing going a few years back but you are where you are. I am just curious if they have changed some things over the last few years.

825391593[/snapback]

What are you talking about? We were undefeated in our region until Livingston beat us Friday. Do you call that a fallen program? I swear, after you win the state championship, if you don't do it every year thereafter... your "program has fallen". I think Portland has a great team this year. Who's :huh: to say what will happen in this region, but in my unbiased opinion, Portland is the best team in our region. We'll play Livingston again... when it really counts..then'll will see who the best team is!

Not trying to sound too cocky... then I might be mistaken for someone from Livingston. :huh:

Edited by #1fballfan

What are you talking about?  We were undefeated in our region until Livingston beat us Friday.  Do you call that a fallen program? I swear, after you win the state championship, if you don't do it every year thereafter... you're "program has fallen".  I think Portland has a great team this year.  Who's :blink:  to say what will happen in this region, but in my unbiased opinion, Portland is the best team in our region.  We'll play Livingston again... when it really counts..then'll will see who the best team is!

Not trying to sound too cocky... then I might be mistaken for someone from Livingston. :blink:

825392230[/snapback]

Its not bein cocky when you can back it up...

LA-26

Portland-23

No excuses from me. I've already told you my thoughts. If you can't understand English, I'm sorry. The best team is not always the team that wins the game. OT would not have happened if the field goal Portland kicked had not been partially blocked. The person who got a hand on the ball gave LA the opportunity to win and they did. I appreciate the support from you in the playoffs and I'm sure you don't want to play us again.  :blink:

:D

825391671[/snapback]

we ain't scurred, it happened once and it will happen again. take away three big plays for portland and they were never in this game. :blink:

No excuses from me. I've already told you my thoughts. If you can't understand English, I'm sorry. The best team is not always the team that wins the game. OT would not have happened if the field goal Portland kicked had not been partially blocked. The person who got a hand on the ball gave LA the opportunity to win and they did. I appreciate the support from you in the playoffs and I'm sure you don't want to play us again.  :blink:

:blink:

825391671[/snapback]

i have to disagree that the best team is not always the team that wins. coaching, penalties, turnovers, blocked kicks, etc. are just as much a part of the game as plays are part of the game. the team that wins the battle is the best team on that day at that time. you can always say if this or if that but that is all part of the battle. players on both teams have the ability to step up and make those plays or not make the mistakes and the game is won by the team giving their best effort at that particular time. that is why i think it is ridiculous for la to say they are better than smith or portland to say they are better than la, etc. the teams that won are the best teams because they proved it on the field by getting more points on the board than their opponent. one of the reasons that i like this region so much is that i think that any one of the top four teams is capable of beating any of the other teams on a given day. it is just a question of who wants it the most and which team as a whole can give its all to put the most points on the board. right now smith county is the best team in the district because they have earned it, end of story. until someone knocks them from the top they are the leaders and deserve the respect for what they have accomplished. when the playoffs come around who knows who will triumph that is why it is awesome to watch the matchups in this region.

pride i don't understand how livingston can beat your team 3 years in a row and you still say that portland is the better team. does that mean i think that portland can't beat livingston, no. all the games have been very close so it is obvious that the games could have gone either way but livingston has always seemed to step up when the time came to close the deal.

i am very proud of livngston for their win. i think this may have been a turning point for them. too many times in the past i have seen them crumble under pressure when they got behind but this game they sucked it up and got the job done. their defense didn't crumble when cates fumbled on their go ahead drive. they forced portland to kick a field goal and then they blocked the kick to force overtime. in the past they would have given up and portland would probably have scored a touchdown or got an easy kick.

sorry for the long post, i have been reading all the posts and just thought i would put my 2 cents in the mix.