Milan and Huntingdon

MrGoodwrench

The last three weeks in a row Huntingdon has run out to a 14-0 lead, had the ball with a chance to put the other team away and it seems like whether they realize it or not they let up. Also in our two losses we have turned the ball over 9 times. (The Jackson Sun said 4 last night but it was actually 5, two muffed kicks, fumble on center-qb exchange, 2 int's) Not taking anything away from either Westview or Milan because they took care of their business against us, and both teams imposed their will in the running game, but with the turnovers we beat ourselves in both games. I have all the confidence in the world in our kids and coaching staff, and I believe we will climb out of this valley and peak at the right time.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mustang69,

That's what keeps us all on here every week! Turnovers----------part of the game!

Want to see "Friday Night Lights"? Go to a game in NW TN in class AA next Friday night!!!!!!!!!! It's gettin' real now!

825374646[/snapback]

Your very correct, some are part of the game.....My whole point being that even with 9 turnovers in the two losses we were still right in the thick of them. If we can limit our turnovers in the playoffs I like our chances. I'm not whining by a long shot. The teams that deserved to win won.

duckman38201 Good post!! Maybe it is parity. Mckenzie is another team that is hard to figure out. Is it hard to get up for games 2 weeks in a row? Camden is the only team staying up week to week. Was H-town lucky to beat Camden? Did H-town over look Milan. Did Milan over look Trenton?

825374134[/snapback]

I agree with Mr Goodwrench....Camden has the most balanced offense of any of the other teams being discussed....they can beat you in the air or on the ground... they have a much better kicking game and special teams than anyone else... Huntingdon relies on their backs...westview also....milan has a problem with consistency...Camden pretty much comes out and putsup the same numbers every week... a more experienced line and I think Camden would unstoppable...Yes Huntingdon came and put the hurt on Camden...but Huntingdon can be beat and so can Milan...twice....its been proven...as I have said in previous posts...at least Camden lost to a team that was heavily favored...I don't think Huntingdon or Milan can say the same....its all about consistency boys.

I think the answer is No, they are both not overrated. Both are very good ballclubs and if they played 10 more times, each may win 5. Tradition is on these teams' side and they could face each other again. About the only other teams to worry about will be Camden and Westview, who are both very scary right now. These four teams will make some noise in the playoffs.

I don't think either are overrated. Both are very young on both sides of the ball in key positions. I never had any delusions about Huntingdon going 14-0. Not with their schedule. I think you'll see this matchup in the semi's. Huntingdon will face either westview or milan, I think milan. What we saw last night was typical milan football. Huntingdon must have thought they'd get the team that played trenton last week, didn't happen. Milan has athletes, IMO more than Huntingdon and they are much faster on defense. Westview is a one man show, stop him, stop westview. Milan is better tooled to make a playoff run. So, what I think we'll see is Milan in the semi's and if Huntingdon can get their defense straightened out, it will be a rematch of last years classic. It could go either way.

825374144[/snapback]

Westview is anything but a one man show! Sure Guy is relied on alot but we have other sources. ........ I think Huntingdon and Milan are overrated. Westview could overpower either. They are both great teams but they are given a little too much credit im afraid.

The real test for both teams will be the playoffs as usual.  A multiple personality football team will not last long when the playoffs start.  Neither of these teams have learned how to be consistent.  That comes from senior leadership.  Watch out for Westview and Humboldt.  Both of these teams have enough athletes to come out of West Tn 2A and go to Murfreesboro.

825374113[/snapback]

Are you talking about the same Humbolt that got blown out by region opponents Westview and Union City.

Edited by hittman13