Unaka @ Cloudland

RBC

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not easy to compare these two teams. Not much to go on with not many common oponents.

It was stated that Cloudlands weak schedule was what killed them last year. I question Unaka's schedule strength this year and wonder how it will affect them. Will CHS's strong schedule help CHS or will they be so bruised up that it has weakened them? We will have the answers Friday night.

By the way, Oakdale had a hard time with Cosby, Unaka beat up on Cosby, Unaka had a hard time with Oakdale. Can't learn much from this.

Not easy to compare these two teams.  Not much to go on with not many common oponents. 

It was stated that Cloudlands weak schedule was what killed them last year.  I question Unaka's schedule strength this year and wonder how it will affect them.  Will CHS's strong schedule help CHS or will they be so bruised up that it has weakened them?  We will have the answers Friday night.

By the way, Oakdale had a hard time with Cosby, Unaka beat up on Cosby, Unaka had a hard time with Oakdale.  Can't learn much from this.

825375494[/snapback]

Good point RBC.

About the game. All in all, whoever wins will be the ones that makes the least mistakes.... On paper, people would think Unaka has the upper hand(bigger numbers, larger kids) but its more of a mind game for Unaka. I mean, this is Unaka's game to lose, I think. They at least have more to lose than Cloudland. This game wil be close and will probably be decided in the final quarter, if not the final minutes.......Unaka by no more than 10 points.

Edited by Rangerbook06

There are a couple of things that need to be said about the Oakdale game.

Unaka was missing quite a number of their skilled starters that game. Hurley, WB, has been out with an ankle injury, Wilson, FB, was out with A 3rd degree concussion, McInturff, WR-FS, missed a huge part of the game with a dislocated knee, starting left tackle Terry Campbell and backup RB-LB Brandon Medina were held out of first half for disciplinary reasons. -5 starters can be tough for any team to play up to their full potential. Anytime they were faced with a situation, they came through with flying colors. And Ro8432, why do you always bash region 1. I know youre from Oneida. Unaka, last year, played with Midway with almost all of their starters banged up. I was on that team. I had two pulled groin muscles going into that game (got hurt at the Cloudland game before that). We also had Kasey Garland, Joey Parlier, Cody Hurley, and a number of other people hurt before we even stepped on the field. We had the momentum after I scored the first touchdown (by the way, I wore #22 last year and I am Kim Richardson son, aka krichunaka on here) but my brother ran into the punter and it gave Midway the ball back. Yes, the score became lopsided, but that game couldve been alot closer than it was. Anyway, Unaka will win this one if they play to their full potential and dont do stupid little things. Another thing, the lopsided victories of Cloudland are because they keep their Varsity defense in the whole game to keep the score low. Unaka couldve shut out those teams but let their JV play in those games. Yes, Unaka has had thier Varsity offense in only when the other team have scored.

There are a couple of things that need to be said about the Oakdale game.

Unaka was missing quite a number of their skilled starters that game. Hurley, WB, has been out with an ankle injury, Wilson, FB, was out with A 3rd degree concussion, McInturff, WR-FS, missed a huge part of the game with a dislocated knee, starting left tackle Terry Campbell and backup RB-LB Brandon Medina were held out of first half for disciplinary reasons. -5 starters can be tough for any team to play up to their full potential. Anytime they were faced with a situation, they came through with flying colors. And Ro8432, why do you always bash region 1. I know youre from Oneida. Unaka, last year, played with  Midway with almost all of their starters banged up. I was on that team. I had two pulled groin muscles going into that game (got hurt at the Cloudland game before that).  We also had Kasey Garland, Joey Parlier, Cody Hurley, and a number of other people hurt before we even stepped on the field. We had the momentum after I scored the first touchdown (by the way, I wore #22 last year and I am Kim Richardson son, aka krichunaka on here) but my brother ran into the punter and it gave Midway the ball back. Yes, the score became lopsided, but that game couldve been alot closer than it was. Anyway, Unaka will win this one if they play to their full potential and dont do stupid little things. Another thing, the lopsided victories of Cloudland are because they keep their Varsity defense in the whole game to keep the score low. Unaka couldve shut out those teams but let their JV play in those games. Yes, Unaka has had thier Varsity offense in only when the other team have scored.

825376059[/snapback]

well said Fan, it probably would have been a different game against Oakdale, had we have had those missing starters. but give Oakdale credit, they they play hard, and #10 for them is a heck of a player.

Unaka used a killer schedule in basketball to win the state.  This Friday we will see whether the difference in schedules will make a difference between these two teams.  Cloudland has played a rough one and, in my opinion with no insult intended, Unaka has played a weak one. 

It looks to be a good game.

825374347[/snapback]

good point on the schedules but logic says you can throw the schedules out the window when these two teams play. logic football is a hitting game who ever hits wins.should be a good one I hate i'm going to be working.

Here is a critique of Unaka's powerful schedule.

19-0 Hurley VA (3-3), ranked 308 out of 330 Virginia Football Teams

35-14 North Greene (2-5), ranked 312 out of 321 Tennessee Football Teams

44-30 Kings Academy (5-2), ranked 281, Their other loss was to Temple 112-3

20-16 Twins Springs VA (4-3), ranked 276 in Virginia

49-30 Grace Baptist (1-4), ranked 306

49-15 Cosby (0-7), ranked 318

13-7 Oakdale (2-5), ranked 309 who has not won a region II game in many years

Unaka would not make the playoffs in Region II. They are not a top 10 team in the state. They will lose big to the Region II team they face in the playoffs. I hope they beat Cloudland. I am going for the Rangers. However, I am tired of hearing about how good Unaka is. Maryville Middle School would be undefeated with the schedule that they are playing. Enjoy being undefeated, but be realistic about how good you are. I think Prep Performance Ratings has it about right, you are 40th in 1A. Good Luck against those Landers and enjoy the success.