Jefferson Co host Sevier Co

JC4life

DaDan read the post again before you start something! 4life do you know for sure that the staff is not already doing these things? Let the staff concentrate on the 3 remaining games and playoffs, they are catching enough grief as it is for a 4-3 season. Remember with the exception of Brimer they are new. I guarantee the kids would rather the coaches concentrate on the 3 remaning games and playoffs instead of wondering if they sent their name in for player of the week. If a kid is good enough coaches will contact them somehow.

825382305[/snapback]

Chill out Mr. Sandman! I didn't understand JC4life's post, I find it hard to believe that any coach wouldn't like all his players to go on, if they so desire. That's the reason I asked. Like you, we need no other distractions to finish out the season 7-3. I hope I missunderstood his statement. I need clarification and a dictionary.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coaches job is to help them make the next step. I think Coach U will do that as time goes on. But this years seniors need some help to. Like as said, mostly not will play D-1 ball, but there is nothing wrong with that. This group of boys, just want to play, and go to college. A smaller school is better academically anyway. Most of the ones mentioned have the grades to go with their drive. Luther, top student, Green top student. Got to give these boys all the support. They deserve it.

A coaches job is to help them make the next step.  I think Coach U will do that as time goes on.  But this years seniors need some help to.  Like as said, mostly not will play D-1 ball, but there is nothing wrong with that.  This group of boys, just want to play, and go to college.  A smaller school is better academically anyway.  Most of the ones mentioned have the grades to go with their drive.  Luther, top student, Green top student.  Got to give these boys all the support.  They deserve it.

825382885[/snapback]

Agree totally, JC4Life, what's the scoop. Not looking for a problem, but would like to know what you meant. I would even like to help, if I can. I think that most of us fans would be willing to write some letters and make some contacts. Atheletics keeps kids in college that may not normally stay otherwise.

I`m not saying that the coaches are going out of their way to keep kids from going to college, on the flip side they are not going out of their way to get the kids into college. the coaches are doing what's best for the players while they are in high school (which is their job) but I also think that coaches have a responsibility to futher a player's career however they can. PatSandman, you may not think its that big a deal but is it, coaches have a HUGE role in players going to college. Like it was discussed before, the choice on what position a kid plays a role on his future. What's best for the team may not be whats best for the player, moving Jason Yeary from guard may have hurt his chances if he'll get a ride to college. Meadows and coach K made sure that the players got their mail (the players didn`t have to hunt for it or have other players steal it for them) the players were always able to get film to send to colleges, and they were promoted as much as possible. I don`t think that this coaching staff has done a good job selling they`re players to colleges. The good thing it there are other people who aren`t coaches who can help the players get into college, I know for a fact that coach Whitehead has gotten several players into college in the past 4 years just on his contacts, and the work he has done for the players. Kids in Jefferson Co,Mo West, Mo East have all turned to coach Whitehead to help them get into college. I can`t imagine how hard it is for other kids in other school to get help getting into college, if their coaching staff doesn`t do a very good job. Little things go a long way when it comes to going to college for football, unless you are heavily recruited in high school, you aren`t going to be going to college without some help.

Probably the best quote you have ever done 4life! I do agree it is a big deal for a coach to get involved, it's a must. What I was saying is that this coaching staff got the season started off behind the 8 ball and it may be the end of the season before they can promote the players through game tape and stats, that's all. Yeary was an outstanding guard but for the betterment of the team he was moved and I think he welcomed the move. If you are a true athelete those skills will come back to you should a college coach still recruit them at their previous position. The college ranks are filled with kids recruited for a position they haven't yet played or moved after being signed. I totally agree with you on Whitehead as he has done wonders for my son as well and will continue to do so.

WHERE ARE ALL THE COACH U FANS AT TONIGHT! IT LOOKS TO ME AS IF HE HAS LOST THIS TEAM ALL TOGETHER. THEY LOOKED VERY UNPREPARED TONIGHT, THE D GOT PUSHED OFF THE BALL BY SEVIER CO ALL NIGHT. THEY STOPED SCHEVY AND HE HAD HIS WORST GAME AS A JC PLAYER. NOT TO GET DOWN ON HIM HE HIS ONLY A SOPH, AND WE NEW HE WOULD MAKE SOME MISTAKES THIS YEAR. THE PUNTER THAT WE SPOKE ABOUT BEING A D-1 PLAYER, I DON'T THINK SO. THE D FRONT 7 THAT WAS SO GOOD, I DON'T THINK SO.

BEN DID ACTUALLY COMPLETE SOME GOOD PASSES TONIGHT, BUT COACH U-V-RETARD, HAS TO UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE TO SPREAD THE FIELD AND THROW THE BALL AROUND THE FIELD, WE HAVE GOTTEN BY WITH SCREENS, DRAWS, AND LITTLE PITCH PASSES THIS YEAR, BUT SEVIER CO. FIGURED OUT TO STOP SCHEVY AND THE WOULD BEAT JC, AND THAT IS WHAT THEY DID.

YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM CREDIT THE RB FROM SEVIER CO. IS GOOD, AND THE QB PASSES GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP THING BALANCED. THE SEVIER CO. D PLAYED HARD NOSE TUFF FOOTBALL, AND COACH BREWER HAD HIS BOYS READY TO PLAY.

FROM WHAT I HAVE HERD LAST WEEK COACH U AND KLINE HAD A PROBLEM ON MONDAY IN THE FILMS ROOM, AND HE KICKED KLINE OUT OF THE MEETING, AND PUT HIM OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING, WHEN THE TEAM WENT OUT ON THE FIELD KLINE WAS STILL STANDING WHERE COACH U HAD PUT HIM, THE TEAM WENT TO PRACTICE AND WHEN THEY RETURNED KLINE WAS STILL STANDING WHER COACH U LEFT HIM, AT THAT TIME KLINE AND COACH U HAD A TALK.

KLINE STARTED THE GAME AND PLAYED WELL.

THIS WEEK CHAD WILLIAMS, MISSED PRACTICE FOR SOME REASON AND I COULD NOT FIND OUT WHY, BUT WILLIAMS DID NOT START THE GAME TONIGHT, AND WAS PUNISHED FOR NOT BEING AT PRACTICE, THESE KIDS ARE NOT DUMB, THAT LOOKS TO BE SOMEWHAT OF A DOUBLE STANDARD.

THIS TEAM IS BEING SHORT CHANGED BY THE COACHING STAFF, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN 7-1 AFTER TONIGHT, THEY AREA MUCH BETTER TEAM THAN WHAT WE ARE SHOWING. LET HER WHAT ALL THE COACH U FANS HAVE TO SAY.

Guest Oakland
WHERE ARE ALL THE COACH U FANS AT TONIGHT! IT LOOKS TO ME AS IF HE HAS LOST THIS TEAM ALL TOGETHER. THEY LOOKED VERY UNPREPARED TONIGHT, THE D GOT PUSHED OFF THE BALL BY SEVIER CO ALL NIGHT. THEY STOPED SCHEVY AND HE HAD HIS WORST GAME AS A JC PLAYER. NOT TO GET DOWN ON HIM HE HIS ONLY A SOPH, AND WE NEW HE WOULD MAKE SOME MISTAKES THIS YEAR. THE PUNTER THAT WE SPOKE ABOUT BEING A D-1 PLAYER, I DON'T THINK SO. THE D FRONT 7 THAT WAS SO GOOD, I DON'T THINK SO.

BEN DID ACTUALLY COMPLETE SOME GOOD PASSES TONIGHT, BUT COACH U-V-RETARD, HAS TO UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE TO SPREAD THE FIELD AND THROW THE BALL AROUND THE FIELD, WE HAVE GOTTEN BY WITH SCREENS, DRAWS, AND LITTLE PITCH PASSES THIS YEAR, BUT SEVIER CO. FIGURED OUT TO STOP SCHEVY AND THE WOULD BEAT JC, AND THAT IS WHAT THEY DID.

YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM CREDIT THE RB FROM SEVIER CO. IS GOOD, AND THE QB PASSES GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP THING BALANCED. THE SEVIER CO. D PLAYED HARD NOSE TUFF FOOTBALL, AND COACH BREWER HAD HIS BOYS READY TO PLAY.

FROM WHAT I HAVE HERD LAST WEEK COACH U AND KLINE HAD A PROBLEM ON MONDAY IN  THE FILMS ROOM, AND HE KICKED KLINE OUT OF THE MEETING, AND PUT HIM OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING, WHEN THE TEAM WENT OUT ON THE FIELD KLINE WAS STILL STANDING WHERE COACH U HAD PUT HIM, THE TEAM WENT TO PRACTICE AND WHEN THEY RETURNED KLINE WAS STILL STANDING WHER COACH U LEFT HIM, AT THAT TIME KLINE AND COACH U HAD A TALK.

KLINE STARTED THE GAME AND PLAYED WELL.

THIS WEEK CHAD WILLIAMS, MISSED PRACTICE FOR SOME REASON AND I COULD NOT FIND OUT WHY, BUT WILLIAMS DID NOT START THE GAME TONIGHT, AND WAS PUNISHED FOR NOT BEING AT PRACTICE, THESE KIDS ARE NOT DUMB, THAT LOOKS TO BE SOMEWHAT OF A DOUBLE STANDARD.

THIS TEAM IS BEING SHORT CHANGED BY THE COACHING STAFF, THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN 7-1 AFTER TONIGHT, THEY AREA MUCH BETTER TEAM THAN WHAT WE ARE SHOWING. LET HER WHAT ALL THE COACH U FANS HAVE TO SAY.

825383593[/snapback]

i am in no way making excuses for why marty could pull it out but the coaches cant block for you, pass for you, run for you, tackle for you, etc. im sure if jefferson county had exectued their game plan that the result would have been much different

Oakland[/url]' date='Oct 16 2004 - 12:47 AM']i am in no way making excuses for why marty could pull it out but the coaches cant block for you, pass for you, run for you, tackle for you, etc. im sure if jefferson county had exectued their game plan that the result would have been much different

825383612[/snapback]

It's hard to execute when you don't believe in yourself.

Guest Oakland
It's hard to execute when you don't believe in yourself.

825383653[/snapback]

absolutely right, but im sure marty has tried everything to help them believe in themselves

Guest Oakland
I hope so--unfortunately we sometimes see only the negative.

825383708[/snapback]

and sometimes the prospect of a new coach causes more optimism than there really should be. lord knows i am guilty of being that with my team