Cookeville breaks into the AP top 10

disgustedfan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, my congratulations to the Cavs-especially the seniors on this years team. This friday night will tell if they deserve the ranking. They are playing an oppnent who on paper shouldn't match up but when these two teams get together you can throw the paper out!

I agree with the fact that Riverdale is the class program of the state and probably the best team in the state this year!

All of the "others" including the Cav faithful cringe at Riverdale's success but wihout a doubt their program has been and continues to be the best in the state.

Credit must be given where credit is due!!!!!

ok then what i meant was that region 3 is very, very weak. it is a gimmie region for the cavs because they are the only good team in it. lebanon, riverdale, and smyrna are all better teams than cookeville and wilson central is probably at equal skill level. so cookeville might win the first game because they will have home field against an equal opponent but after that kiss it goodbye because either lebanon or smyrna will be coming to town and which ever team it is will be on a long winning streak and roll over the cavs.

quotation marks were cute little buddy.

825378633[/snapback]

What assestment is that statement based on? The Cookeville - Lebanon game earlier this season was EXTREMELY tight. If we played them a second time, we would whoop the snot out of them. Same with Smyrna. Beat them two years ago in the playoffs when they underestimated us, we'll do it again. NOW...... as for region 3 being a GIMME?!?!?! Have you played Lincoln County and, DUHHHH, Coffee County with Mr. Football Jake Nunley? Tough teams in my books. The cavs beat them both. Their defense SHUT THEM DOWN and their offense SHUT THEM UP. I pity the teams that have to play Cookeville in the playoffs. By the way, do you even keep up with Cookeville football? I'm sure that if you did you would realize they are a better team than you think. Gimme some stats that can back up your statements.......if ya got any.

Though I am a Cav fan I must agree with Shaggy J estimate of region 3.

Region 3 has been and continues to be inferior to Region 4. There have been exceptions but up and down the line when a region 4 team plays a region 3 team the region 4 team will always be favored. When region 3 teams consistently defeat region 4 teams then the tables may turn but not until!!!

This years Cav team can probably stay with all region 4 teams except Riverdale. But that is not a disgrace, because no one has been able to keep up with Riverdale this year!

What assestment is that statement based on?  The Cookeville - Lebanon game earlier this season was EXTREMELY tight.  If we played them a second time, we would whoop the snot out of them.  Same with Smyrna.  Beat them two years ago in the playoffs when they underestimated us, we'll do it again.  NOW...... as for region 3 being a GIMME?!?!?!  Have you played Lincoln County and, DUHHHH, Coffee County with Mr. Football Jake Nunley?  Tough teams in my books.  The cavs beat them both.  Their defense SHUT THEM DOWN and their offense SHUT THEM UP.  I pity the teams that have to play Cookeville in the playoffs.  By the way, do you even keep up with Cookeville football?  I'm sure that if you did you would realize they are a better team than you think.  Gimme some stats that can back up your statements.......if ya got any.

825382217[/snapback]

lincoln co. is horrible this year. they barely beat Oakland and blackman, both of which are also very down. from the score it looks like cookeville had trouble with lincoln co. and coffee co.??!!?? come on man wilson central beat them and lebanon easily beat them. lebanon beat the mess out of blackman and should do the same against Oakland tonight. that night that lebanon beat cookeville was the worst game lebanon had all season. yes you guys did beat antioh but they were without the mighty coker so the cavs just had to shut down brown.

i don't want to take away from cookeville's record. i am just saying that they are not a top 10 team because they should be beating their much weaker opponents by alot more than 1 or 2 scores and so far they haven't done that.

Lincoln County has really improved since the Blackman and Oakland game. LC shouldn't have lost to Cookeville but they made some mistakes and lost. If we have a chance to replay Cookeville in the playoffs I expect the Cavs to lose. Cookeville has just got lucky to be blantly honest. Congrats to the Cavs on winning Region 3. I am just glad LC is in 2nd. We have really improved ALOT this year and I have very high expectations for the Falcons next season. I would really like to see Cookeville play Riverdale because I know the Warriors would stomp the Cavs in the ground. I just don't think it is fair for all the other teams in the Region to play really weak teams. Lincoln County played some very tough teams. They lost to two very good teams Riverdale and Franklin. I consider Cookeville a lucky and okay team not a good team. If we would had played Cookeville tonight we would have won beacuse we finally got our offense going again. But I can't look at the past because we need to stay focused for the future.