What is the pre season rankings?

rigger101

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know CBHS has a lock on the west, but who will the other team be from the west to make it to the duels?

825403536[/snapback]

I think that the battle for second in DII is going to be very tight. I know Briarcrest and MUS came down to one match last year but I think Briarcrest will have the edge this year. Depending upon how a few key young ones step in for us I think we will be right there with Briarcrest and MUS but then again I am sorta partial :lol: .

How has Tyler Winn been doing in the offseason? He improved much from the year before last. It would be great to see how good he can do this year.

825404445[/snapback]

Taylor Wynn has worked pretty hard this summer and should be ready for a breakout season and hopefully his first state medal. His only really obstacle is himself, he really has unlimited potential but he hasn't been extremely focused at times and he has to break that bad habit if he wants to be the force he can be. One of the things that I wonder about is if he will step up to the challenge that Baucke will represent since I am hearing they both may end up at 130 this year... but don't worry, Taylor won't let the low weights out here in the West get too weak in your absence.

It was funny to here when older guys came back to see how the program was doing, they would always say that wrestling has gone downhill. I couldn't understand why they would say that until I graduated myself. The region may actually be improving, but to me it just seems that the level of ability has gone down since the last time I wrestled (eight months ago).

It was funny to here when older guys came back to see how the program was doing, they would always say that wrestling has gone downhill. I couldn't understand why they would say that until I graduated myself. The region may actually be improving, but to me it just seems that the level of ability has gone down since the last time I wrestled (eight months ago).

825404475[/snapback]

I think that is mainly because most of the older wrestlers fail to realize how much better the competition they used to wipe the mat with has gotten. It should be fun for you to come back around Christmas and wrestle some of your old teammates and see if you can still handle them...

That's if I'm in anykind of conditioning to step on the mat. But I certanly realize that people do get better as time goes on. The persons I want to see mature and grow are Blake Britcliff and Kent Johnson. Blake has the potential to be a great wrestler, he just has to work on the technical side of things. I would also like to see Kent grow up physically and emotionally. He needs to bulk up a little bit and get stronger as well as being able to take the pain of losing. It ticked me off when ever I saw him walk off the mat crying and sobbing after he lost a match. I could understand if the match was to place or win in state, but just some tournament like a preseason one or non-region, it doesn't seem right.

• 2 weeks later...
Who are the top teams? 

Farragut had approx 30 kids come out and will be returning two State finalist.  I feel that they can finish better than 4th and will be able to compete at the duals for a change.

825377924[/snapback]

With Dix out for the Season I hope we have some young men Step up. Between injurys and certification knocking 2 Freshmen to 119 instead of 112, and still no 103, it may be a ruff Duals.

Who are the top teams? 

Farragut had approx 30 kids come out and will be returning two State finalist.  I feel that they can finish better than 4th and will be able to compete at the duals for a change.

825377924[/snapback]

I feel 5th is a fair spot for Farragut to start. Is everyone else happy with their spot.

I would also look for a resurgence from Germantown this year.  With Barnett pushing everyone else on that team and some other talented kids already showing promise I think they may return to being near the top in Region 8.

825403247[/snapback]

I would definitely agree with that. Germantown consisitently had a good bit of their starters working out in the off-season, and I know that their summer program is as good as it gets. You have to look at what Coach Bray has done at Ridgeway also. He took that program from the bottom of the region and made it competitive. We all know that Holmes and Bradley and Cottrell have the ability to build a program. They've been doing it for years. I'm very impressed by Coach Bray's effort. As other city programs (Kirby, Westside, Raleigh, White Station) are either hovering or being disbanded, the Ridgeway program is constantly getting better. I wouldn't worry too much about Deedee.

Edited by best_of_the_west

I would definitely agree with that. Germantown consisitently had a good bit of their starters working out in the off-season, and I know that their summer program is as good as it gets. You have to look at what Coach Bray has done at Ridgeway also. He took that program from the bottom of the region and made it competitive. We all know that Holmes and Bradley and Cottrell have the ability to build a program. They've been doing it for years. I'm very impressed by Coach Bray's effort. As other city programs (Kirby, Westside, Raleigh, White Station) are either hovering or being disbanded, the Ridgeway program is constantly getting better. I wouldn't worry too much about Deedee.

825426424[/snapback]

What are they doing for their Summer program?