What is the pre season rankings?

rigger101

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Franklin in by far the best Div I team in the mid-state, but how will their upper weights fair this season. Their mid and lower weights will be strong with such wrestlers coming back as:

Oritz

Konz

Davis

Felix

Heacock

I am sure I left out a few of their better wrestlers, so for that I am sorry. As far as Region 5 goes this season look for these teams to make a big impact in the state tournament. Think about how many teams in our region will place kids in the state tournament. Franklin, Brentwood, Page, Tullahoma, Blackman, and Centennial should all have medal winners returning to their line-ups this season. Here are a few kids that will make alot of noise in this years state tournament.

Franklin

Konz

Davis

Felix

Heacock

Brentwood

Brown

Holliman

Page

Pair

Tullahoma

Brinck

Gessler

Blackman

Meredith

Centennial

Cope

And I think Jeremy and Big G will have the kids ready t go for this season, but Jon Hill will be missed as a huge part of that successful program.

Edited by millerj

On Franklin's team you have 3 Konz, 2 Davis, 2 Heacocks, 2 Felix, 3 Ortiz - this is the year for brotherhood. All of these guys are good wrestlers and will likely make a lot of noise across the state.

Leach will hopefully come back as HWT, he is making a lot of noise on the gridiron, made a 85 yard run for a touchdown a couple of weeks ago and making tackles in just about every play. Last year was his first year to wrestle and he was a very quick study - he could medal @ state.

Kirn has been working hard all summer getting ready to wrestle, this kid stayed off the gridiron this season to be totally focused on wrestling, I expect he will also do very well by bringing home a medal from state.

Others to watch will be Melrose, Jackson, Burnett, Gresham, Hallmark & Acorn. (If I missed someone, I'm sorry!) Some of these guys wrestled varsity level or were back up positions last year so they have experience and have wrestled against some of the best Rebel wRestlers. When these boys come out of the barn, watch for a lot of studs.

Coach G & team will have their hands full with these guys and I'm sure with Welder & other assistant coaches they will continue to improve. Coach Hill is missed, I had the opportunity to see him just last week and had to hug his neck. Even though he may not be the guy in the corner, I'm sure he is proud of them any way.

Go REBELS!

Edited by sundancer

I feel Farragut has a chance for the hunt. :)

We will have 1 State Champ, 1 State Finalist and a few other returning seniors who qualified for state last year.

Our shakers and breakers this year will be:

Paul Mountain- Senior, Who was injured last year but qualified for State.

Scott Dix- Senior- Returning State Champion

Chad Blankenship- Senior, Who was injured last year but qualified for State and gave or 152lb finalist Chad Turner a great challenge every day in practice.

Justin Knox- Senior, Who was injured last year but was a State Finalist.

Nick Reveiz-Placed 2nd in Region his first year wrestling and worked on his techniques all summer.

Others to watch out for: :)

Chuck Layton, Nick Montgomery, Younger brothers of Reveiz, Farinella, Turner and we had a State Qualifier who finished 6th from Denver, CO and a Heavy Weight move in from out west.

Also, this will be the first year that we have more than one football player coming out for the team. thumb

We are excited about this team and our chances. Last year our team had over 6 kid's injured at one time and no back ups. ;)

Yes Franklin is the team to beat and we are looking for our shot. thumb

Edited by rigger101

It sure seems as though Franklin will be the team to beat and it does sound like Farragut will be improved as a Dual team. Don't forget about Clarksville and Science Hill. Both are well coached and are loaded with young talent. Another team to look out for is Cleveland. They only graduated one starter and I understand this will be Coach Miller's last season. They should be motivated.

Since Bradley and Soddy will both be in the rebuilding mode, the state title will be up for grabs.

The top two teams in the state in both divisions combined,,, are Baylor and Franklin, with Science Hill not too far behind, in my opinion. Clarksville and McCallie would be an interesting match and Jordan will see to it by the big dance that Clarksville is in the top three or four (Div. I & II, if this could be).

I believe Baylor would win in a big tournament overall, with Franklin winning in a dual against Baylor.

Soms

Oh, Coach Miller,,, Don't forget Aaron Martin will be back for Blackman and perhaps another stud or two in region five, the strongest region in the state as far as point totals combined in the last few state tounaments.

Edited by Sommers

The top two teams in the state in both divisions combined,,, are Baylor and Franklin, with Science Hill not too far behind, in my opinion.  Clarksville and McCallie would be an interesting match and Jordan will see to it by the big dance that Clarksville is in the top three or four (Div. I & II, if this could be).

I believe Baylor would win in a big tournament overall, with Franklin winning in a dual against Baylor.

Soms

Oh, Coach Miller,,, Don't forget Aaron Martin will be back for Blackman and perhaps another stud or two in region five, the strongest region in the state as far as point totals combined in the last few state tounaments.

825379873[/snapback]

Is that a result of having the most teams?