Campbell County

H.SchoolFootballGuru

Just because people whine about it, doesn't make it a fact. People need something to blame their failures on, and jealousy is a true magnet in the blame game.

825388953[/snapback]

and many times the truth hurts....

and we in CC know the truth aboutrecriting byteh Cows...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am completely happy for the kids at Campbell County.  I find it so interesting that since the '95 season Campbell County has blamed Anderson County for its demise.  Now, this year, they are giving Anderson County all of the credit because they haven't had a good recruiting year.  It seems that Anderson County has a direct impact on Campbell County for almost ten years.  It's just sad that a school with 2000 students has to go so long before they can find a winning season.  My hats off to the staff at CCHS.  The only problem with CC is the old washed up coaches that still are upset with their pathetic season.

825388854[/snapback]

as one of teh "old washed up coaches" i have this to say...

I have always supported CC football (and other athletic teams)...

yes I wish I could have been teh one coach to turn things around in teh CC football program bu tI was not...

teh politicians who disliked me swung teh ax and fired me...

probably teh best thing that had happened to me up to that point in my life...

recruiting by other schools depleted many of teh real athletes on the teams that I was fortunate to coach...

I know that recruiting per se is illegal according to TSSAA guidelines, but those guidelines like many laws have loopholes...

The coaching staff at AC know teh loopholes...

if one actually took time to check out teh facts they couldsee teh strange number of transfer players AC has had in comparison to other area schools...

its prettyobvius that other coaches know what is going on when theyrefer to AC as "Ander-bell county"..

other coaching staffs have often spoke of tehir displeasure about teh recruiting tactics used by AC...

by teh way, CC does NOT have 2000 students...maybe 1400-1500, but not 2000...

I have wupported every coaching staff since my dismissal as head football coach at CC...

I have spoken to the parents of several of the young men who transferred amnd they have all told me pretty much the same story of their son's "recruitmnet"---how it was ahndled to glide through th e loopholes...

Your teams were depleted because you and your program were losing and those kids who left were tired of losing. Get a life pebley, move on, quit blaming others for your problems. AC has a great, great program, A WINNING PROGRAM, and nothing you say can diminish that. Again, congratulations to CC for their first ever winning season.

So you are telling me that specific parents have told you that their son was recruited by Anderson County football staff. That's interesting. More interesting than that would be which parents it was. On another side, I guess all of the students that go to Fulton instead of Halls of Central were recruited by that staff. Or those that were zoned for Halls that go to Central. Or what about all of the kids who were suppossed to go to Alcoa or William Blount, but instead went to Maryville. It happens everywhere. None of these kids are "recruited," they chose to go to that school. Don't whine about it the the school that gets the kids, go and talk to the parents. They are the ones that let their kids change or transfer. I guess what you are saying is that CCHS would never take a kid in that transfered. I promise you that if Caleb Slover ( qb at AC for 2 years) had transfered up to CCHS, they would welcomed him with open arms. One last question, When a high school kid is recruited by a college he goes where he gets the best offer from. If Anderson County has been recruiting all of these years, what are they offering these kids. Money, cars, apartments???

Well said futbolfan, the bottom line is that the kids and their parents wanted to be apart of a winning program and they left. No amount of coercion could force those kids to leave if they didn't want to go. I think that mr. pebley and others want to make sure they stay in the limelight a little bit now that CC is winning, and that's why he keeps refering to AC. Look, the problem will solve itself now that CC has developed a winning program. Crying over spilled milk isn't going to solve anything, it's just an excuse for ineptitude.

So you are telling me that specific parents have told you that their son was recruited by Anderson County football staff. That's interesting.  More interesting than that would be which parents it was.  On another side, I guess all of the students that go to Fulton instead of Halls of Central were recruited by that staff.  Or those that were zoned for Halls that go to Central.  Or what about all of the kids who were suppossed to go to Alcoa or William Blount, but instead went to Maryville.  It happens everywhere.  None of these kids are "recruited," they chose to go to that school.  Don't whine about it the the school that gets the kids, go and talk to the parents.  They are the ones that let their kids change or transfer.  I guess what you are saying is that CCHS would never take a kid in that transfered.  I promise you that if Caleb Slover ( qb at AC for 2 years) had transfered up to CCHS, they would welcomed him with open arms.  One last question, When a high school kid is recruited by a college he goes where he gets the best offer from.  If Anderson County has been recruiting all of these years, what are they offering these kids.  Money, cars, apartments???

825389185[/snapback]

yes, i talked to the parents of tosse recruited...

they all told me basically teh same story..

yousaid dont whine tlak to the parents...duhhhh...that is just what i said I did...

i did no tssay that CC would not take a tranfer...yes they would but byrecruiting...

maryville recruits...common knowledge...

if C slover had come to CC ZI amsure he would be welcomed

his father Tommy plsyed on te first team I was associated withas a coach and guess where that was...

Jacklsboro HS...

tommy knew of teh politrics involved in teh CC football program and chose not to get his son involved in teh coaching meery go round...aka D marlowe...

wha todes Ac offer hese kids...

a winning season and college scholarships to major colleges which they never get...

those who stayed the course at CC have received the same scholarship offers...

many of those who went to AC in teh mid 90's actually played fo rme in middle school...

I canunderstnd how they were influenced to go down I-&% and have no hard feelings toward them...

most of us have talked about the situation and are good friends to this day...

Influenced? By whom? If you have no hard feelings against the parents, then you shouldn't have hard feelings towards the staff at AC. Ultimately it's a parental decision where the kid goes to school. As for "recruiting tactics", the only thing I know that has influenced the kids is the losing at CC. Are you saying that AC somehow orchestrated your win-loss record?

Edited by oskie

Ultimately it's a parental decision where the kid goes to school. 

825389261[/snapback]

Not really. Everyone I know that has gone to Anderson County has made that decision to go theirselves. I thought about going to Anderson County my sophmore year. My dad said that if it were up to him then he would make me stay because he thought that I had to much work into the program. And the more I thought about it the more I wanted to stay at CC. I could tell that the program was getting stronger and I decided to give it another shot and it was the best decision that I have ever made in my life. I'm glad to be part of history at CC.