Tennessee High vs Sullivan East

Devil10

Don't really think that east is overrated, but there not in the same class as Tn high.  East is probably one of the top 3 or 4 teams in 4a football east of Knoxville.  There is not a team in upper east tn that can beat the Knoxville teams not even the mighty Vikings.

825390983[/snapback]

The Vikings are going to come make a stop in knoxville on their way to the state championship game. the Maryville fans talk so much trash. cant wait to shut u all up

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you MaC, whichever one of these teams makes it out of their region, it will not matter, because their season will end as it always does when trying to come through Knoxville. 

Having said that, I have seen THS play, and I have researched Sullivan East.  I will have to give the nod to THS on this one due to the fact that their overall team will just be too strong and fast for Sullivan EastSullivan East is well coached and they have a very balanced attack, something that THS does not have, and has not had to deal with as of yet.  This will give them trouble early, but the depth of THS will take over towards the end.  From what I have read, East's defense will be more than compitent enough to stop the THS run early in the game as other teams recently have been able to do.  The question is, will THS coaches realize that the other team's defense is keying on their running game by stacking 8 or 9 guys in the box?  From my observations, I must say the answer is NO, they will not realize it. 

Maryville recently had an off weekend, and I was able to come and see the mighty Vikings (quite an impressive stadium by the way), and what I saw was a Sull. South team that was determined to stop the run of THS by putting 8 guys in the box.  What was the result?  They stopped the run...in the first quarter.  Then they got tired and THS' depth took over the game and they won.  This is exactly what I see them trying to do against Sullivan East as well, even though I witnessed a formidable passing attack by the Vikings it is just not their style... they can win in their conference without it.  This same situation was presented to the Maryville coaching staff just last week against West, but what did I see there?  I saw a coach that recognized this, and tore apart their undermanned secondary and passed for over 250 yards.  Which leads me to the conclusion...

THS will run through their conference as expected, but their season will be snuffed short by a very strong Maryville squad.  The key is that THS does not understand that they will not compete in the playoffs with their one-dimensional play..ala Morristown West (I'm sure all you viking fans remember that thrashing). During that game, THS tried their usual running attack, only to get it thwarted by the strong MoWest D, and then the coaches panicked and made a feeble attempt at a shotgun offense....  Too Late now THS.  I must say though, that at the Sullivan South game this year, they were able to pass the ball with quite a bit of success, but only after several failed attempts of running the ball.  Even though THS may have just as good or better athletes than Maryville, Maryville will outcoach them from the beginning.  They DO NOT have a balanced attack, and this will be their doom when they come down south of Knoxville and are graciously humbled.

Oh yeah...

THS  35

S. East  14

Go Rebs!

825387889[/snapback]

I find this post very offensive and flat out ridiculous. Yes, it is true that our style is running the ball, it is what we do well and we win with. As you mentioned, we have an excellent passing game, probably better than your beloved Rebels. We use this as we need to and it has been effective all year long.

Surely you wouldn't be dumb enough to believe that our coaches do not realize the importance of the passing game? We opened up in the shotgun against Daniel Boone just to show that when we need it... it's there. The coaches know this, they've played and coached all their lives. I will admit that I would love to see us throw the ball more so that we can be prepared in crunch time, but I trust the coaches will take care of that aspect.

As far as the Morristown West team of last year, if I remember correctly, the Rebels didn't fare to well themselves. Their defense was unbelievable, and we weren't ready for it. This is the exact thing that will help us win the State Championship this year, because the coaches see what happens when you can't effectively pass against a defense keyed on stopping your run. Things are different this year, and I just hope the Maryville fans are ready for what's coming to them.

The connection overlooked here is the fact the the dear, beloved, coach? at East admittedly intentionally ran the score up on at least one team in order to "get back" at a coach when that coach was with another school.  Tenn High head coach stubbs has a direct relation to the team the east coach? ran the score up on and I think a message will be sent about ethics in this one. I look for the Vikings in a Big way!

825388829[/snapback]

Good observation and good post, unbiased. I was wondering if anyone else out there was thinking that. Vikings by 30+

How will Tennessee High handle the passing attack of Matt Eads? Is he better than the Tennessee High quarterback ????

825391784[/snapback]

You tell me if he's better...

Tennessee High's quarterback is faster and more mobile, as evident by the 4.6 40 yard dash time, which is faster than Sullivan East's QB's time. The Tennessee High QB out threw the Sullivan East QB in the jamboree longest throw contest by at least 10 yards. He is a more accurate passer as evidence of his completion percentage. Tennessee High's QB is taller than Sullivan East's QB by at least 3 inches. So what do we have here:

Tennessee High QB: the bigger, faster QB with the stronger, more accurate arm...

Those are the facts, do you need anything else?

The only thing that you can say about the Sullivan East QB is that their entire offense is centered around him, and thus he has very impressive numbers. Tennessee High has so many weapons that the QB does not have to be the centerpiece, and if he went to Sullivan East he would have even more impressive numbers than the current QB... but, I'm sure he would much rather be on the better team, one that is going to actually have a shot of making it to the State Championship.

Let me throw in my reply. One-Dimensional? I think not. Tennessee High is not one-dimensional, they can throw the ball. And about their coaches? They have a very good coaching staff, and I can only hope you under-estimate them. One thing I do agree with, Tn High's passing vs. Maryville's? Maryville can throw it very well, probably better than Tennessee High. Cade Thompson is very good.

I have seen both teams play this year. East has the best team in school history. THS has one of their better teams in awhile. I think it will be an entertaining game for about the first half, but THS has too many horses. East will put up a gallant try but lose. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I pick Tennessee High although I'm pulling for East.