Tennessee High vs Sullivan East

Devil10

If East keys on BA it will be a fatal mistake. There are 4 others capable of putting up as many yards as BA. I cant remember all the names but I do know jersey numbers. East needs to be very aware of......lets see.......... numbers 9, 11, 22, 5, 31, 32, 44, and 3 on offense. And on defense the need to be aware of all 11 of 'em. I predict a Sullivan South type blow out. East will need to score at least 45 points to have a chance and that ain't gonna happen. Sorry Pats. Maybe next year.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it will be a blowout at all,  and if TN high gets too cocky,  sully east may pull out an upset.  I think if east can shut down Anderson  they shut down TN high, and i think it will be a great game either way.....

825386043[/snapback]

How do you get that ? Tennessee High has 4 other backs that are just as good and can put up points for the vikings. So if they do stop Anderson then we can just put in canty, bell or shaw, or just give the ball to Whitten and let him take it to the house.

Edited by cougarhater

Well you only have two weeks to find out if Sullivan East is over rated or not but only 5 or less weeks left in your season.  It doesnt Matter, Maryville/Knox Central will crush either one in the 3rd round.

825383885[/snapback]

I agree with you MaC, whichever one of these teams makes it out of their region, it will not matter, because their season will end as it always does when trying to come through Knoxville.

Having said that, I have seen THS play, and I have researched Sullivan East. I will have to give the nod to THS on this one due to the fact that their overall team will just be too strong and fast for Sullivan East. Sullivan East is well coached and they have a very balanced attack, something that THS does not have, and has not had to deal with as of yet. This will give them trouble early, but the depth of THS will take over towards the end. From what I have read, East's defense will be more than compitent enough to stop the THS run early in the game as other teams recently have been able to do. The question is, will THS coaches realize that the other team's defense is keying on their running game by stacking 8 or 9 guys in the box? From my observations, I must say the answer is NO, they will not realize it.

Maryville recently had an off weekend, and I was able to come and see the mighty Vikings (quite an impressive stadium by the way), and what I saw was a Sull. South team that was determined to stop the run of THS by putting 8 guys in the box. What was the result? They stopped the run...in the first quarter. Then they got tired and THS' depth took over the game and they won. This is exactly what I see them trying to do against Sullivan East as well, even though I witnessed a formidable passing attack by the Vikings it is just not their style... they can win in their conference without it. This same situation was presented to the Maryville coaching staff just last week against West, but what did I see there? I saw a coach that recognized this, and tore apart their undermanned secondary and passed for over 250 yards. Which leads me to the conclusion...

THS will run through their conference as expected, but their season will be snuffed short by a very strong Maryville squad. The key is that THS does not understand that they will not compete in the playoffs with their one-dimensional play..ala Morristown West (I'm sure all you viking fans remember that thrashing). During that game, THS tried their usual running attack, only to get it thwarted by the strong MoWest D, and then the coaches panicked and made a feeble attempt at a shotgun offense.... Too Late now THS. I must say though, that at the Sullivan South game this year, they were able to pass the ball with quite a bit of success, but only after several failed attempts of running the ball. Even though THS may have just as good or better athletes than Maryville, Maryville will outcoach them from the beginning. They DO NOT have a balanced attack, and this will be their doom when they come down south of Knoxville and are graciously humbled.

Oh yeah...

THS 35

S. East 14

Go Rebs!

The connection overlooked here is the fact the the dear, beloved, coach? at East admittedly intentionally ran the score up on at least one team in order to "get back" at a coach when that coach was with another school. Tenn High head coach stubbs has a direct relation to the team the east coach? ran the score up on and I think a message will be sent about ethics in this one. I look for the Vikings in a Big way!

Edited by unbiased

I agree with you MaC, whichever one of these teams makes it out of their region, it will not matter, because their season will end as it always does when trying to come through Knoxville. 

Having said that, I have seen THS play, and I have researched Sullivan East.  I will have to give the nod to THS on this one due to the fact that their overall team will just be too strong and fast for Sullivan EastSullivan East is well coached and they have a very balanced attack, something that THS does not have, and has not had to deal with as of yet.  This will give them trouble early, but the depth of THS will take over towards the end.  From what I have read, East's defense will be more than compitent enough to stop the THS run early in the game as other teams recently have been able to do.  The question is, will THS coaches realize that the other team's defense is keying on their running game by stacking 8 or 9 guys in the box?  From my observations, I must say the answer is NO, they will not realize it. 

Maryville recently had an off weekend, and I was able to come and see the mighty Vikings (quite an impressive stadium by the way), and what I saw was a Sull. South team that was determined to stop the run of THS by putting 8 guys in the box.  What was the result?  They stopped the run...in the first quarter.  Then they got tired and THS' depth took over the game and they won.  This is exactly what I see them trying to do against Sullivan East as well, even though I witnessed a formidable passing attack by the Vikings it is just not their style... they can win in their conference without it.  This same situation was presented to the Maryville coaching staff just last week against West, but what did I see there?  I saw a coach that recognized this, and tore apart their undermanned secondary and passed for over 250 yards.  Which leads me to the conclusion...

THS will run through their conference as expected, but their season will be snuffed short by a very strong Maryville squad.  The key is that THS does not understand that they will not compete in the playoffs with their one-dimensional play..ala Morristown West (I'm sure all you viking fans remember that thrashing). During that game, THS tried their usual running attack, only to get it thwarted by the strong MoWest D, and then the coaches panicked and made a feeble attempt at a shotgun offense....  Too Late now THS.  I must say though, that at the Sullivan South game this year, they were able to pass the ball with quite a bit of success, but only after several failed attempts of running the ball.  Even though THS may have just as good or better athletes than Maryville, Maryville will outcoach them from the beginning.  They DO NOT have a balanced attack, and this will be their doom when they come down south of Knoxville and are graciously humbled.

Oh yeah...

THS  35

S. East  14

Go Rebs!

825387889[/snapback]

Coach Stubbs has more class than to run the score up on East