Teams that could suprise?

Guest Oakland

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley and Cleveland will again be the teams to beat in 5AAA and probably be state contenders again. Cleveland has almost everybody back including D1 player Charlest Littel and Bradley has reloaded with transfers from other schools and T-man Ogelsvey.

825390558[/snapback]

Why does everybody cherish Ogelsvey?!! He is not that good folks. My boy, J.T. Hicks shut that chump down when they came to McMinn last year, during the freshman and J.V (McMinn pulled both of those games out) game. He's a ball hog and shoots too much. Sure, he has potential, but he's not all everyone cracks him up to be.

As most of you guys know whom post mostly at this time of the year, I goto Lookout Valley, and for once this year I'm not gonna be totally biased on my team. Lookout Valley will be a team this year but I'm not gonna run my mouth and get stuff started. Although for some reason during the season, and the games, I can't stand Grace Academy basketball. But although thi soffseason and with the first day of practice lingering only 2 weeks away I'm going to have to say Grace is my favorite this year in 1A. With 2 guards that can downright shoot and 2 quick lil point guards they'll definately a team that can put some points on the board. Although I beleive they're in the same boat as Temple height wise but definately a force to be reckoned with. But anyways guys with Lookout Valley gaining several players this year we will definately be lookin to rebound this year after a disappointing year last year...That's all I gotta say for now guys, November 1st....I'm ready are YOU?

#14 Justin Hawkins #24

Oglesvy from Bradley Central is a nice guard but I truley think he is overrated. I saw him with the Travelers and with his high school team this summer and he shoots too much with both. He does have a sweet jumper and good athletic ability. But on both teams he has good players around him so for a PG he doesnt have to shoot the ball as much as he does. Once he disciplines hisself and learns what good shots are, I dont think he can be consider a top player.

Oglesvy from Bradley Central is a nice guard but I truley think he is overrated. I saw him with the Travelers and with his high school team this summer and he shoots too much with both. He does have a sweet jumper and good athletic ability. But on both teams he has good players around him so for a PG he doesnt have to shoot the ball as much as he does. Once he disciplines hisself and learns what good shots are, I dont think he can be consider a top player.

825391064[/snapback]

I basically covered that already, if you look up.

TONY-I only posted my opionion, I dont care what you've already covered..This is a opinion board incase you didnt realize that and I only said what I thought.

825391538[/snapback]

Whoa there Nellie. Settle down just a bit. All I was suggesting was that I had said the exact same thing and you could've just quoted me and then you wouldn't have had to type it all over again. But whatever floats your boat big guy.

As most of you guys know whom post mostly at this time of the year, I goto Lookout Valley, and for once this year I'm not gonna be totally biased on my team. Lookout Valley will be a team this year but I'm not gonna run my mouth and get stuff started. Although for some reason during the season, and the games, I can't stand Grace Academy basketball. But although thi soffseason and with the first day of practice lingering only 2 weeks away I'm going to have to say Grace is my favorite this year in 1A. With 2 guards that can downright shoot and 2 quick lil point guards they'll definately a team that can put some points on the board. Although I beleive they're in the same boat as Temple height wise but definately a force to be reckoned with. But anyways guys with Lookout Valley gaining several players this year we will definately be lookin to rebound this year after a disappointing year last year...That's all I gotta say for now guys, November 1st....I'm ready are YOU?

#14 Justin Hawkins #24

825391022[/snapback]

Again I agree that Grace will be good this year. Besides the fact that they have Eldridge and Van Horn, don't they have Parschalls also? I'm not sure if he graduated or not, but that's a lot of people to have to defend. Grace & Temple both have a lot of good offensive players and they stretch your defense well using each of them to their full potential.

Who is it that LV gained? I know they lost Cunningham and Morgan which gave them height (even though Cunningham would rather float around the key then get downlow). K. Morgan was a good player who used his length on boards and was a defensive presence.

I'm not going to say that Sale Creek is going to come out and be an amazing team or anything but I think that opposing teams shouldn't put take this years Panther team lightly. True the Panthers haven't had a winning season in 2 years, this years team has recommitted itself to being better defensively and are going the extra mile to get be in the best shape possible when the season starts. Sale Creek lost 3 players last year (2 starters) and everyone is hoping that the development of the younger players will show this year and Sale Creek will be a team to watch out for in 6A.