Roane County fans

goosevol

Johnson is a great back, but you also have to mention the qb Gurney. He won the A.C. game with a field goal and has kept them in several other games. I think Johson is better, but Rock deserves to be mentioned. Payne from Rockwood would be my second choice behind Johnson, then JUDE O'Toole, not Justin. Justin is a little old for player of the year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need excuses.  Rockwood just beat us.  I wouldn't say that Johnson was shut out though, he had about 90 yards against your Tigers.  Sounds like a pretty good night to me; but thats my opinion.  I also think the game would have a different outcome if we played you later in the season, but thats water under the bridge also.  Johnson has accomplished much more that Harvest or Pendergrass with a less talented line, my vote still goes to him.

825387396[/snapback]

As for Kingstons line I personaly think they have one of the best lineman in this part of the state John Martin

Edited by wpasi

No, no, no. John is an awsome player. But he is no all state. John is huge (345 lbs I think). Once he gets that weight movin, its gonna take a lot to stop him. But you also have to look at the ability of the kid. Yes, he's got ability, but hes not to his penical yet. Then look at what he is producing. He's not perfect yet. Yes, John good right now. But the thing is - he's only a sophomore. WOW imagine how big and strong he will be his Sr year. Maybe THEN we can start discussing all state

How about some love for the O-line men. If it can be said(it has been here) that a team lost a game because a back didnt run because the line didnt block. Then maybe you should recogonize those guys. The front 5 for both the Tigers and Jackets deserve much of the credit for what Johnson, Payne, Pendergrass, Harvest have done. The same c ould be said about Midway, I dont know a lot about them, as I saw them probably on their worst night.