Hey GovMan or any Gov fans

Tornado1

I was told this week that the baseball coach at WB has told his players that if they want to play baseball they must play baseball ONLY. That he wouldn't allow any of his guys to play football, basketball, wrestle, etc. because their sole attention needed to be on baseball and if they choose to play another soprt then they can forget baseball. Is there any truth to this? If so, that has to hurt some of the other sports teams, especially football, if quality athletes choose baseball solely. Also if this is true, have any parents questioned this and what is the AD's stance? Could you imagine telling an Al Davis "Hey, you can only play baseball." He was only offered baseball and football scholarships to UGA and like All-Region in basketball. I hope this is just a rumor. ;)

I was told this week that the baseball coach at WB has told his players that if they want to play baseball they must play baseball ONLY.  That he wouldn't allow any of his guys to play football, basketball, wrestle, etc. because their sole attention needed to be on baseball and if they choose to play another soprt then they can forget baseball.  Is there any truth to this?  If so, that has to hurt some of the other sports teams, especially football, if quality athletes choose baseball solely.  Also if this is true, have any parents questioned this and what is the AD's stance?  Could you imagine telling an Al Davis "Hey, you can only play baseball."  He was only offered baseball and football scholarships to UGA and like All-Region in basketball.  I hope this is just a rumor. :angry:

825382444[/snapback]

Tornado1,

I'm certain this is just a rumor. Coach Puleo has never had a problem sharing his players with other sports. As a matter of fact, historically his assistant coaches have been from other sports (i.e. Reid from football, Cupp from basketball, etc.).

The source of this rumor could be from the fact that I believe a couple of players have quit the football team and used as their reason, "they want to concentrate on baseball." But I can assure you, this was the player's (and perhaps their parents decision) ... it was not prompted by Coach Puleo.

Hey Govman, Congrats on the victory tonight. Hope this is the first of many in Coach Meadow's tenure at WB. I know this has been a tough year but I know you won't give up on the Govs.

Another subject, I was told Bart Hicks started classes at Alcoa today. Just wondering why he would choose to leave WB during the middle of the football season. In fact, why would he choose to leave at all. His choice or did someone make it for him? On second thought, this probably isn't the place to discuss it. Hope to see you around soon. Maybe at Alcoa once the playoffs start.

Hey Govman,  Congrats on the victory tonight.  Hope this is the first of many in Coach Meadow's tenure at WB.  I know this has been a tough year but I know you won't give up on the Govs. 

Another subject, I was told Bart Hicks started classes at Alcoa today.  Just wondering why he would choose to leave WB during the middle of the football season.  In fact, why would he choose to leave at all.  His choice or did someone make it for him?  On second thought, this probably isn't the place to discuss it.  Hope to see you around soon.  Maybe at Alcoa once the playoffs start.

825383589[/snapback]

Buddy-row,

Thanks. Looks like the Tornadoes are gonna roll through everyone in their path the rest of the way.

Not sure what's up with Bart. He was at the WB game in street clothes I heard. If he has transferred back, I imagine he'll have to sit out a year? (that means he wouldn't be eligible until week 9 of next season). Not sure who's counseling him on this, but it concerns me for the young man. He's a great talent.