region 8

dragon12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can any region 8 school beat CHBS this year? For so many years, Collierville had the goal of beating Gtown, Houston, and CBHS all in the same year. We came close a couple of times but never got the trifecta when I was on the team.

825441236[/snapback]

Dragon12,

As much as we all know I would love to see the Wave go down at some point (just old built in school "rivalry" I guess) I just don't see it happening this year. While I don't think they will be as strong as they were last year I don't think Collierville will be either and I don't see them getting the couple of lucky wins it would probably take to beat CBHS.

I would really want to see a line-up from each team before we can say which team will come the closest because we need to see how the weights stack up against each other. But without having that I would say the team with the best all around strength and hence the best chance will be Collierville or Ridgeway. I would also watch Germantown, I think they will have the chance to stand toe-to-toe with anybody on a goodnight.

I would also watch Germantown, I think they will have the chance to stand toe-to-toe with anybody on a goodnight.

825441254[/snapback]

i've always said this about beelzebub (see call o' the wild dual v. roadrunner 03'-04 season) and the lord o' the dark side at the mustang ranch. both are masters at getting the most out of minimal and juggling a lineup for a single match.

i've always said this about beelzebub (see call o' the wild dual v. roadrunner 03'-04 season) and the lord o' the dark side at the mustang ranch. both are masters at getting the most out of minimal and juggling a lineup for a single match.

825441275[/snapback]

Amen to that brother Jim. They certainly can do a lot with a little and man look out when they do get a lot. Have fun out at the Roadrunner throwdown tonight. Maybe someone can tell us how the weights are looking for Brothers and some of the others and we can start to make the calls Dragon12 was looking for. Maybe I will see you tomorrow.

Talkin' about weight shifts, remember the region duels two years ago when there was a six pound weight allowance and Ridgeway was wrestling everybody down a weightclass. Collierville scrambled and shifted the right people to the right weights and one the match, considering most of the Collierville guys were wrestling up a weight class (Jake Graham went upto 171 from 160 and beat Ridgeway's usaual 189 pounder).