Bearden

bdog3741

Well....Seems like a team who was once big is having the problems my team has had for 30 years. Guys it's hard....People start talking about you...you begin to hear constantly after every game you lose...gosh you guy ssure play hard. The community begins to give up. lemme tell ya...Ive been playin the game for 11 years. The middle school i played at was a huge power, but when I reached middle school, the program hit rock bottom. We all stuck it out and stayed on the team. Once we got to high school...day after day for 3 years ....all I heard from the outsiders in school and in the community ...is that my school would never win and we will always be horrible..Once i reached my senior year..Myself and other seniors decided it was time for a change...Bearden being in this situation doesnt mean quit. You have tradition ...you have to remember what bearden football is about. you have to overcome adversity, be men, cause things arent gonna go your way to much now ...remember what made Bearden such a respected power to begin with and play like that program used to....Start getting ready for next season...try to win out ...it can be done...just do what your coached to do...open holes...tackle ....play technique football..and itllall come together...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....Seems like a team who was once big is having the problems my team has had for 30 years.  Guys it's hard....People start talking about you...you begin to hear constantly after every game you lose...gosh you guy ssure play hard.  The community begins to give up.  lemme tell ya...Ive been playin the game for 11 years.  The middle school i played at was a huge power, but when I reached middle school, the program hit rock bottom.  We all stuck it out and stayed on the team.  Once we got to high school...day after day for 3 years ....all I heard from the outsiders in school and in the community ...is that my school would never win and we will always be horrible..Once i reached my senior year..Myself and other seniors decided it was time for a change...Bearden being in this situation doesnt mean quit.  You have tradition ...you have to remember what bearden football is about.  you have to overcome adversity, be men, cause things arent gonna go your way to much now ...remember what made Bearden such a respected power to begin with and play like that program used to....Start getting ready for next season...try to win out ...it can be done...just do what your coached to do...open holes...tackle ....play technique football..and itllall come together...

825390223[/snapback]

CC you make some good points. However the biggest difference is that your school has just come from the cellar to the top. Yes it took 30 years and everyone on here knows its hard to do. Bearden however has not necessarly been a power house but has been traditionally competative. Over the last 3 years we have watched this dramatic decline. Nothing against the players cause they do play hard but last week against SD we looked like it was our first game of the year. From the stands we appeared to be unprepared, i didnt say not playing hard cause we did play hard but unprepared. As parents and fans we feel that the talent on this team is not that much different from most of the teams of the past, therefore that is why it is hard to watch our team go from competitive to where you guys have been the last 29 years. Our other fear is that if things dont change fast it may take us 10-15 years to get competitave again.

Congrats on your season and good luck. At Bearden we are striving to get back to where you guys now are.

CC you make some good points.  However the biggest difference is that your school has just come from the cellar to the top.  Yes it took 30 years and everyone on here knows its hard to do.  Bearden however has not necessarly been a power house but has been traditionally competative.  Over the last 3 years we have watched this dramatic decline.  Nothing against the players cause they do play hard but last week against SD we looked like it was our first game of the year.  From the stands we appeared to be unprepared, i didnt say not playing hard cause we did play hard but unprepared.  As parents and fans we feel that the talent on this team is not that much different from most of the teams of the past, therefore that is why it is hard to watch our team go from competitive to where you guys have been the last 29 years.  Our other fear is that if things dont change fast it may take us 10-15 years to get competitave again. 

Congrats on your season and good luck.  At Bearden we are striving to get back to where you guys now are.

825391209[/snapback]

I feel fo rthe teamat bearden...as mentined earlier, bearden has always been regarded as a top notch football program...now hard times ahve hit...one thing to remeber though---

anyone canquit...

quitters never win and winners never quit...

if coaching is the problem an dpromises are not being kept--dont quit...

play for yourslf and teh team, not ht e coach...

as far as a weight lifting program, I thought Bearden had a weightlifting class during school...

i tried to get a weight lifting class implemented at CC severalyears agao and was told it was not legal, yet I checked witha good friend at Bearden (bill young) and i think he told me that thye lifted during school hours in a PE class called weightlifting...

regardless, youmust lift nad get stronger...

it took CC years to catch up...

and now the results of weight lifting is showing in teh teams success...

hang in there and play hard...

do not let teh naysayers get ot you...

let them talk...

they will probably be some of teh frist ones to appear when bearden football gets back on track

remember those that have stuck with you during th ehard times...

they are your true friends and supporters...

I hope you win nine games...gotta pull for CC when they meet the Dawgs next fall!!!

In response to Bearden Sevier predictions.

You are somewhat right. However the most obvious thing is that you have a coach who is seriously scared for his job.

Now for you BHS. you are a talented player. You are the leader of this team and i must say that weather you like that fact or not you are. Right now the best thing you can do is Try to be the best POSITIVE roll model you can. This new thing going on (not to tip any Sevier Co fans or players off) Fills a void where we have been lacking all year. I personally believe it will be a 100% improvement. The opportunity lies here to Make a big impact quickly and reallly turn some heads. I encourage you Make the best of this opportunity.

As far as the politicing. That has been going on for several weeks. How many freshman were allowed to dress might as well play last year untill the last game of the season. True there might have been only 1 maybe 2 who could have had any success on the varsity but those 1 or 2 should have traveled some. Lewis is prime example of this. But you look at the Only freshman who has started in any compasaty this year. What is his name #22. Couldnt be Maynard is it.

I know people on this team feel betrayed and hung out. But what some of those older players are feeling has been goin along all season. Just now its affecting them.

Keep this in the back of your head. Play for your self and ALSO play for the TEAM.

Take comfort in knowing this there are some things going on behind the scenes that will hopefully put an end to this madness, and should make many of you Juniors happy. I only hope that it works out for next year.

In the mean time keep your head up. you guys have many things to be proud of even though some of them are small and meanningless to you right now, in the future they will pay big dividends. Also continue to be a leader but be a positive one.

one last thought.

"Show me a good loser and ill show you a loser" im not positive exactly who said that but its a great quote and it completely applies to this team. I dont see good losers out there so you must be winners somewhere.

I want what is best for they team and will do whatever they want me to if it will help. I am thankful for the oppurtunity and will play the card dealt to me. But this is an issue I would like to see addressed off-season. To me, we are now playing for next year and have been ever since the 4th quarter of the Science Hill game. You are right, many people feel betrayed and they have been. Our younger kids should know that next year is going to be an exciting time for them. They need to hang around. I know there are gonna be a ton of voids to fill next year.

I will lead by example and go out and give 110% the next two games. My full intentions are to go out with a bang. I hope my teammates feel the same way.

There are some things I would love to address about this year, the coaching staff, and our thoughts as players. But I will save that for the offseason. Let's at least try to be positive right now.

I want what is best for they team and will do whatever they want me to if it will help. I am thankful for the oppurtunity and will play the card dealt to me.  But this is an issue I would like to see addressed off-season.  To me, we are now playing for next year and have been ever since the 4th quarter of the Science Hill game.  You are right, many people feel betrayed and they have been.  Our younger kids should know that next year is going to be an exciting time for them.  They need to hang around.  I know there are gonna be a ton of voids to fill next year. 

I will lead by example and go out and give 110% the next two games.  My full intentions are to go out with a bang.  I hope my teammates feel the same way. 

There are some things I would love to address about this year, the coaching staff, and our thoughts as players.  But I will save that for the offseason.  Let's at least try to be positive right now.

825391824[/snapback]

Once again your class and character amaze me. I hope your right and you determine the direction of your team. One thing you might try is at the team dinner tonight is you and some of the other team leaders sit everyone down. Run the parents out and you guys talk to the team about whats goin on, keep it positive and remind them there are 2 games left. (a lot of ball to still play) going out with 2 good games. win or lose will set the presedent for next year. Yes it is to late for this years seniors and i do truly feel bad for them BUT explain to them that they have a chance to pave a foudation for the future years. Let everyone know that yes there maybe some coaching issues and changes may be coming but the thing to do right now is everyone give there all and let the other problems get handled through the outlets that need to handle them. You let them know that you guys have to handle the business at hand and have faith that everything else will work itself out.

I have faith in you and about 70 something other kids on the team. continue to handle your self with class and character and try to spread it to everyone else on the team.

good luck tomorrow night ill be there cheering for ya.

Time for a change. Seems from the comments made from other posts, that the coaching staff is not fully committed like other coaching staffs in East Tennessee. Time to get rid of the youth league coaches and get a staff that will put everything into this.

825392588[/snapback]

Funny we just brought up the super midget coach from reck ball last year and put him on staff. (no joke) But your right. many fans have the same thoughts you do.

ok my 2 cents worth, if i could remember his name__________ the coach that was so sucessful at bearden that went to cak. just drawing a blank right now. if this is the first coach since he left (oh what big shoes to fill), then things are done differently and everyone starts questioning if winning is not done right away. look at other schools where a legend has left and the new guys in town don't get the job done and it's always their fault. this comes from the fact that things are done differently and people in there human nature way don't like change.

with that said, when the next guys come in and take over and does their thing for a little bit and if they get the first win in the first game then the players buy into what's being done and whalla success again.