Cookeville at McGavock

THE SQUAD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha.....I was a senior when that happened. It sucked. I have to agree with tyler22. If I were Coach J, I would let Paxton and Ledford play, just not the entire game. The thing the cavs have to focus on before the playoffs is who is going to be their 2 offensive tackles. I have seen senior Brandon Lack and Junior Chris VanDeven battle it out for a starting spot. It just doesn't look like either one of them have claimed it yet. Somebody needs to step up and block for Gus so we can see some more big plays. Haven't seen Paxton break it for a long touchdown (30, 40, 50+ yards) in a while. I expect these next two weeks for the cavs to be experimental as to who are going to be the players Coach J. can count on to step it up a notch and get the job done in the playoffs.

Yes a 4 year letterman is un-heard of in Cookeville.

Although Fuggly Blocks the sun he has a good point about the tackles. i can think of 5 that have started this season.

I dont see coach j giving paxton and led too much of a break because that can break their momentum and rythm before the playoffs, plus gus only needs a few more yards for a 1000, gotta wanna see that.

Any Mcgavock fans have anything to say about their team, how are they winning? defense, throwing, running, what?

P.S. have you tightened security, and cleaned up play (are those part of your transformation to a better team too, they should be)

This is not the same undisciplined team of the past. (at least what I saw) They are very quick and are playing like they think they can win. They are not very big but are fast. Joslin always seems to have something up his sleeve for the wing-t teams. They are definitely unique coming from the shot-gun. Good luck to Joslin and the Cavaliers.

Edited by GWAVE1

while everyone is talking about the cavailier offense.....and nothing is wrong with that, I would like to take a minute to talk about the defense. This D is one if the best ive seen in a long time at cookeville. Coach J almost always has a respectable d, but this one just seems to make all of the big plays. And it isnt just a couple of players either, ...its everybody, from the junior secondary, to the quick line....to 9, 12, and 32...the seniors in the backer positions. Keep it up guys....

Go Cavs