Maryville vs. Central

jlay68

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "trailer nation" will be out in full force tonight in Maryville. This should be an exciting game as Knox Central pays a trip over to that piece of garbage Maryville call's a football field. The 'bacar spitting boys and their toothless women will all be out in support of their overrated Rebels. I hear their will be a huge bon fire after the game supported by the trailer nation. You will be required to show your govt ID and food stamp card to prove you are from Maryville to be admitted to the bon fire.

Myself and Mr Newman will enjoy the dazed and confused look on the trailer nation's face as Central rolls and spoils the little burning tire swar'e.

825394164[/snapback]

That post was hilarious!!! Rebels are going to lose.

I meant no disrespect darlin, my aplogies.  I was actually quoting Craig Scheffer's character in the movie "The Program".  Rebel girls are the queens of football!!

Jlay, as in Layman?  You don't have to answer.

825394692[/snapback]

No disrespect taken--I knew "The Program" reference. Love that movie, and love watching you guys banter on this board.

Maryville will win!!!

We do mix it up, don't we?  Thanks for starting the thread. 

If I'm right about who you are, you and lil sis keep the diamonds sparkling! if I'm not, disregard.

825394733[/snapback]

No, but you'd know me if you saw me. I'm a fixture--more basketball than football though. That's why I want Stephen Childs on our bball team!! He's a winner.

Maryville is 10-4 against Central.Maryville started playing Central every year in 1995. Here are the results.

A lot of those games were very tough. Central is a very good team. I expect a tough game tonight. Maryville has had Central's number but history won't mean nothing tonight.

825394611[/snapback]

Thanks so much Ron...that's just what I was looking for. I knew that we'd had a lot of close games, but couldn't figure up exactly what the W-L record was.

You're right...tonight is a new game. The old stuff is out the window as soon as the kickoff flies. I am so excited. We've not really seen anyone challenge MHS all year, and tonight we might get to find out what we're made of....or we might not get challenged just like every other week. I don't think that will be the case but I also believe that MHS will win handily with the score not accurately reflecting how close and competitive the game actually is.

I must have got bad info.....where do you get all that stuff Ron?

Ron, that's 10-2, not 10-4

825394617[/snapback]

Maryville lost to Central in 1967 and 1987. I was at the 87 game. Todd Helton's older brother was the fullback on that team. He ran over Jon Dalton in that game. Leon Kirkland was the stud running back for Central that year.

Newman

What ever happened to all those Central 2003 state champs shirts that you were trying to sell?

Well, John is an assistant principal at WB now, so he's a trader anyway (kidding John Boy).  John comes from very very good stock.  87 was John's sophmore year, so don't go too hard on him.

How do you keep up with all the stats Ron?  I'd love to have a database like yours.

825394793[/snapback]

He keeps all of them in his head. Trust me on this one. StarsnBars maybe more impressive than Ron. thumb