Clarksville NW at White House

timbdp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hear about the offenses, but I believe the defenses will decide this game. My Blue Devils have found a way to score points all year, against some pretty good defenses, so I believe the pressure is on the NW defense tp have a good game.

The blue Devil defense has cut down on giving up the big play, which I believe will be the key for the Blue Devils.

White House Defense is very important to their team, but we will see on Friday. This is a very good Devil team that wants nothing more than to smash us. However, our boys play up to their competition, AKA Stratford. If we play like we played against stratford we will make it a game. However, if we play like we played Mt. Juliet it will be a long night. #84 and #5 are the best receivers we have faced all year, and Ladd is a stud. Harman catches everything and Brock is equally dangerous with a good back field. But coaching is not a question, just ask Bulldog69, we don't do anything but stand around and look at the clouds. :) If we win it will be because of the boys, they play we just put them in the right places. This game goes down to the final seconds like last year. Too much pride in our camp and the Devils camp. But I do enjoy laughing at some of these post. Keep up the sofa quarterbacking, and amuse us a little more. Till then please pray for the rain to pass, don't want any excuses. :D Let's let the boys play and leave it all on the field, because this is the big one and I pray the boys remain healthy. ;) Later guys. :)

White House Defense is very important to their team, but we will see on Friday.  This is a very good Devil team that wants nothing more than to smash us.  However, our boys play up to their competition, AKA Stratford.  If we play like we played against stratford we will make it a game.  However, if we play like we played Mt. Juliet it will be a long night.  #84 and #5 are the best receivers we have faced all year, and Ladd is a stud.  Harman catches everything and Brock is equally dangerous with a good back field.  But coaching is not a question, just ask Bulldog69, we don't do anything but stand around and look at the clouds.  :lol:  If we win it will be because of the boys, they play we just put them in the right places.  This game goes down to the final seconds like last year.  Too much pride in our camp and the Devils camp.  But I do enjoy laughing at some of these post.  Keep up the sofa quarterbacking, and amuse us a little more.  Till then please pray for the rain to pass, don't want any excuses. :blink:  Let's let the boys play and leave it all on the field, because this is the big one and I pray the boys remain healthy. ;)  Later guys.  :wacko:

825388345[/snapback]

Our field may play a roll in the game. It is taking a beating because we now share it with another high school, middle school games and kids games on saturday. The wet conditions won't help it, either.

Advantage: receivers  :D

Harmon is one of the best in the state at the receiver position and Brock complements him, but #39 catches well out of the back field and Ladd is something else. Do you think the score is the same against Whites Creek if they do not have the 3 interceptions and the fumble? Beating White House is like beating Tennessee, it is something Kentucky fans dream about. However, one day the big doggs even lose a game.

It is ashame that there is such anamosity toward our kids and their coaches. This is a very well mannered group who works very hard. They will be prepared and will play very hard this week. I don't believe any of our coaches (All 5 of them) are in search of a job since this the most successful the Vikings have been since early 70's.

It is ashame that there is such anamosity toward our kids and their coaches. This is a very well mannered group who works very hard. They will be prepared and will play very hard this week. I don't believe any of our coaches (All 5 of them) are in search of a job since this the most successful the Vikings have been since early 70's.

825389301[/snapback]

Coach Chris asked Stratford for a job immediately after the game with Stratford. Fact. Enough said.

Looks like the City of White House will just have to step up their efforts in the upkeep of what is the city's one football field.

825385412[/snapback]

So you are telling me that White House High doesnt maintain their on field.....?? I never knew this...... !! With as much as I have seen other schools and Booster Clubs have had to put into building and maintaining playing and practice fields this is unbelievable.... So it is a County School and the City provides the field...?

What has made this year than other years.....??

Good Luck Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you are telling me that White House High doesnt  maintain their on field.....??    I never knew this...... !!  With as much as I have seen other schools and Booster Clubs have had to put into building and maintaining playing and practice fields this is unbelievable....  So it is a County School and the City provides the field...?

What has made this year than other years.....??

Good Luck Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825390196[/snapback]

White House plays in the city park, not on campus. The high school is located in Sumner county, but the field is in Robertson county. With the county split, the field is shared with WH Heritage. I'm not dure who maintains the field. I know the WH coaches have worked on the field in the past. The field is taking so much play that I don't believe anything could be done about the damage. The middle of the field is getting beat up. Hopefully, the field won't play a part in the game.

The field should not be a factor. I believe both teams have good enough teams to run or throw the ball at will. Both defenses better show up and play football. The team with the least mistakes will win this one. Last week was a lesson on how to not play a football team for the Vikings. 7 turnovers and sloppy play you should lose big, however, something gave the Viking team strength to win. When was the last time you saw a team play so bad with 7 turnovers, and still bring home a win? No excuses, 3 days! We will play on the practice field if you want. This game is equally important to the athletes at northwest and coaching staff. One wins and one loses.

White House High and WH-Heritage neither have room on their school grounds to provide space for a stadium of their own (including parking), do they? The WH Park field is a good location and nice field as far as layout and parking space. The only thing that may cause a drainage problem is that huge embankment on the home side of the stadium.

I think many schools have the same problem with every team playing on it. I'm sure Beech and Hunter Middle share the same field, as does Greenbrier High and Middle along with all their Junior Pro teams. Does Springfield and Portland still play behind their middle school and share that field with them? (Haven't been to their games in a LONG, LONG time).

I'll take White House 34-14. Wilkerson will probably get over 100 yards rushing, most of those yards coming in the 4th quarter when NW is trying to catch up. He'll have a day like Herndon did for Greenbrier a couple of weeks ago against WH. For the most part he'll be shut down though. Levering and Harmon will have another big week, along with Ladd also. Look for WR #36 Gibbs to step up and make a big play either on offense or defense. Broadrick #5 will also make some big tackles. The defense will be missing #22 Halvorson though. From what I've heard he is out for the season with a broken elbow. Good luck to him rehabbing that elbow. I dont think we'll have to worry about WH having a mental lapse in this one after what happened last year at NW. Then again I could be wrong....Look what happened between Gallatin and McGavock a couple weeks ago. Last year McGavock was the reason a very good Gallatin team didnt win there region and go to the playoffs. Everybody thought that would be enough incentitive for Gallatin to take it to McGavock....yet, McGavock pulls the upset. Everybody has to show up to win each game from here on out. But, I dont think WH really ever has a problem coming motivated to play with the coaching staff they have. Good luck guys.