Hendersonville at Franklin

timbdp

Bad officiating and pks are part of the game... that's what I meant when saying that's how Franklin won state last year, but the past is over and we have to forget about that. I want to say that Franklin played a good game and they are one of the best teams in the state. They have nothing to be ashamed of, but someone has to win the game no matter what happened. If you don't commit the foul, there is no pk awarded. However, good job Franklin on a very successful season.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you were right the first time, Hendersonville doesnt have it.... the refs do.  I didnt know so many of Hendersonville's players were biatheletes.. They are also on the swimming team....( way to dive) I hope that you all are comfortable going to state on a game that the refs handed to you. Hats off to George. Farragut will put you in your place. Enjoy the victory while it lasts.

825385652[/snapback]

There is no need to talk like that. This is the way the game is played. The refs arent perfect, and they will make the wrong calls sometime. From your point of view, it might have looked like a dive, but from theirs...it was a foul. Deal with it. I have the utmost respect for the Franklin program. They are well coached, and have great fundamentals. But like sportsdad said...someone has to win. Im sure you wouldnt be complaining about the so called "dives" if Franklin won. Thats the way it is. Hendersonville, good luck at state. Keep me informed about whats going on if you get the chance. :justwrestle:

Concerning previous post...................................The "real" Baylorman wishes to apologize for a previous post written under his handle.... the poster was an usurper and those were not my comments..........About the game - Rebels had many chances and shots that just missed. Sour grapes about officiating helps nothing at this point. Seniors, thanks for all your hard work - good luck in future. Go Rebels, beat Brentwood!............................The REAL Baylorman!

You can sit there and tell yourself that bad officiating os part of the game, but when both of the pk's we deliberate dives in the box, and the center ref had a daughter that played against Franklin when she was younger, and her team got killed by franklin everytime, so he has been out to ruin Franklin's chances ever since, you don't say that's part of the game, because its not. Everyone that actually went to the game knows that had it not have been for George, the center ref, Franklin would have won. Franklin dominated the game completely. Aside from dominating the game, all refs are taught that they are not supposed to make a game deciding call when you are in sudden death, obviously George missed that class, or every other class they held. Franklin's defense played an outstanding game and didn't allow anyone past them. Holland also played an amazing game. But back to the ref, if you recall last time Hendersonville played Franklin at Franklin, George was the center for that game as well. One of Franklin's players had control of the ball in the box when a Hendersonville player ran into her and fell over, so George gave them a PK, once again, trying to take everything away from the Franklin girls, but Holland stopped the ball. Zabek, you played an awesome game, but as for the Hendersonville forwards, perhaps you should trying swimming, because diving isn't a part of soccer, you got the wrong sport.

No matter how many times you replay the game in your mind you can't change it. You can talk and argue about it for hours but there is no going back. As a ref and seeing what happened... another ref might have called it differently, i know i would. You are not supposed to let a call like that decide the game. Franklin may have dominated the game and may have had more shots on goal but the fact is... you didnt win. It stinks and people may say its ok to you over and over again but the fact is it stinks. No one likes to lose that way. But, Franklin if it were you who won from a pk you wouldnt mind. Its not a great way to win either. Im not happy about it and im not agreeing with Hendersonville team or parents saying that they should have won and that the better team won... because i will always believe that Franklin is the better team. Someone had to win and it might not have been the better team, but everything happens for a reason. Good luck to Hendersonville in State Tournament.

Everyone knows who i am. Franklin's goalkeeper, Taryn Holland. Im not goin to make excuses and im not goin to blame George. I came on here to tell Christy Zaebek, you had an amazing game and you saved your team. I didnt thank you last night for coming up to me after the game and showing so much class. From what I heard, you came to me before celebrating with your team and I thank you for caring about me. If it were the other way around I would have done the same thing. You are a great keeper and I hope you show up Brentwood with a shutout. Great game to Hendersonville and good luck. I hope you get you State Championship! See you next year!

Tay

Hendersonville girls did not take deliberate dives....22 and 9 have been out a lot this season for injurys...and yes, this did make them more suspetable to falling. But everyone, think about it....you would not get up and say "Oh im sorry Sir i just fell because i've been injured and it hurt so i fall down easier". It IS a part of the game...and if i recall at state last year there was a Penalty Kick, and after a play had ended one of the hendersonville girls was down on the ground and the linesman had his flag up and deliberately took it down, so the center did not stop play. Thus, we were a defender down, and after the ball had been cleared out, Franklin ran by her.....now...it really doesn't seem fair to say comments about last night. If Franklin dominated the game, how come they did not knock in more? If Hendersonville had not gotton penalty kicks, would they have scored off of those plays? You can never be sure, but it really is a part of the game, and the fact is, it's over. Last night was probably one of the most exciting soccer games of the season. 2 top teams battled it out. Congratulations Hendersonville, no one believed in you or respected you...but you earned mine last night. Franklin, nicely done. You all are an incredible team year after year and your program is great... your not losing too many seniors this year. So i'm sure you'll be out with a vengance next year ladies.

Tay, I wanted to let you know that you are an amazing goalie as well. You had one heck of a save that could of cost your team a goal. Your the goalie, your stuck on a line with one person who is FAVORED to score. Man I thought you had that second one! INCREDIBLE JOB! you've gotton your team soooo far in the past and I have honestly ENJOYED watching you over the years and i expect to see more out of you! your a great goalie, and you show a lot of class which is very respectable! Thanks for being so fun to watch!

You can sit there and tell yourself that bad officiating os part of the game, but when both of the pk's we deliberate dives in the box, and the center ref had a daughter that played against Franklin when she was younger, and her team got killed by franklin everytime, so he has been out to ruin Franklin's chances ever since, you don't say that's part of the game, because its not.  Everyone that actually went to the game knows that had it not have been for George, the center ref, Franklin would have won.  Franklin dominated the game completely.  Aside from dominating the game, all refs are taught that they are not supposed to make a game deciding call when you are in sudden death, obviously George missed that class, or every other class they held.  Franklin's defense played an outstanding game and didn't allow anyone past them.  Holland also played an amazing game.  But back to the ref, if you recall last time Hendersonville played Franklin at Franklin, George was the center for that game as well.  One of Franklin's players had control of the ball in the box when a Hendersonville player ran into her and fell over, so George gave them a PK, once again, trying to take everything away from the Franklin girls, but Holland stopped the ball.  Zabek, you played an awesome game, but as for the Hendersonville forwards, perhaps you should trying swimming, because diving isn't a part of soccer, you got the wrong sport.

825385927[/snapback]

Sounds like someone is a sore loser. Don't take anything away from the girls, Don't make the excuse that the ref hates ya'll is why you guys didn't play as well as the other girls. Franklin isn't meant to win all the time sometime you do have to step down from you throne. Diving....yet again good excuse..

As for Brentwood, Congratulations ya'll. I think you guys will win state KEEP IT UP. Someone call me and keep me updated on what is going on--Good Job again Brentwood

Brentwood may be in the State Championship but they will most likely be playing Farragut and i doubt they will be winning that game. Let's just say this... how many times has Franklin been to state and how many times has Brentwood? This is your one year Brentwood... make sure you make it a good one. If they were doing the brackets like last year... Brentwood wouldnt have made it to Substate because Franklin would have knocked them out in Region finals when they beat them 3-0!