Hendersonville at Franklin

timbdp

When will Franklin accept that they got beat by Hendersonville? All this whining shows only poor sportsmanship and gains you nothing. The last several posts have mentioned the job the ref did, the motivation behind calls, and penalty kicks. I haven't heard a reason for Frankin not scoring more goals during the regulation time or during the overtime. Was that the refs fault, too? It sounds like it's time to move on and focus on something other than what might have been.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood may be in the State Championship but they will most likely be playing Farragut and i doubt they will be winning that game. Let's just say this... how many times has Franklin been to state and how many times has Brentwood? This is your one year Brentwood... make sure you make it a good one. If they were doing the brackets like last year... Brentwood wouldnt have made it to Substate because Franklin would have knocked them out in Region finals when they beat them 3-0!

825389414[/snapback]

RCola resorts to the lamentations of the loser, the litany of the vanquished, the only comment that can be made is "wait till next year", maybe you'll be better.

Gosh, Rcola you couldn't be more wrong. There sure has been a lot of whining coming out of the Franklin camp. Brentwood has many good years ahead, as does Franklin. The rivalry should stay alive and well for quite some time, along with adding Centenial to the mix.

The other point in which you are wrong is the same sub-state sectional was used last year following regionals. Franklin beat Clarksville or someone like that to advance while Brentwood was eliminated by Hendersonville, the same team that just eliminated Franklin.

Oh my God. Is this a typical thread? First time viewing soccer (typically follow another sport). I'm wondering if this is what I have to look forward to when my little girl gets older.

I'm a soccer fan (and youth coach). I did not see what sounds like an exciting game between two teams with a lot of tradition (and usually class). What is apparent is that the two keepers have a lot of class. I can't believe some are attacking individual girls. I also know you don't put yourself in a position to allow the ref to make the difference in the game.

If Franklin was dominant and had Hendersonville outgunned, then their failure was not getting the ball in the back of the net. If you play long enough, and these two teams have, you will get beat by a team you outplay. You also win some games in which you were outplayed. That's just part of it.

The only thing I can think to say is that this thread should be dropped. Whoever was at the game saw what happened and has there own opinion about it. There is no change that can be made, nor do we need to change anything. The battle was won by Hendersonville and all we can do now is applaud them and wish them the best of luck in State. Rcola you were wrong to even have said anything of that sort on this thread. It's your own opinion but lets not end the season as bad sports. Let's go out with class! Hendersonville, play strong, play together and BEAT Brentwood!

Good luck in everyone you play. Go out and win state so Franklin can say they lost to the State Champions! :lol:

OK. He called a bad game, in your opinion. Who said the ref isn't supposed to make a game-deciding call a PK in sudden death? That's one of the most stupid statements on this thread. You can't tell me that if a Franklin player was taken down in the box that you wouldn't go crazy - and rightfully so.

So he's not the best ref in the world, but he seems to get some good games in the center. He must be doing something right. I thought he missed calls both ways so it kind of evened out, but then I'm not from Franklin or Hendersonville.

Also, it appears you have your own baggage. You seem to be willing to share a lot of information about him. If fact, you are implying that he's not only incompetent but unethical.

Brentwood may be in the State Championship but they will most likely be playing Farragut and i doubt they will be winning that game. Let's just say this... how many times has Franklin been to state and how many times has Brentwood? This is your one year Brentwood... make sure you make it a good one. If they were doing the brackets like last year... Brentwood wouldnt have made it to Substate because Franklin would have knocked them out in Region finals when they beat them 3-0!

825389414[/snapback]

I guess all these Brentwood/Franklin/Hendersonville rematches I read about in this post will have to wait until next year.

2004 TSSAA AA Girl's Soccer Final Four:

Houston

Oak Ridge

Farragut

Tullahoma