Alcoa vs. Webb

tdent42

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Webb is going to win this game, they're going to have to run the ball and punt a lot -- then play GOOD defense. If they want it to be close their defense is going to have to do it for them, I don't think they're going to "out score" Alcoa. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try a trick play or fake punt early on to see if they can get an early score.

I think Alcoa will be tested by a good running Wing-T, which I think is an outdated offence, but Webb's coach has been doing it a long time.  Webb also has an emotional boost because their out for the season Senior QB Long may make it to the game to cheer his team mates on. (Not sure about that).  So Webb will be ready to defend their turf.  Having said that I think Alcoa wins by 10-14.  Good luck to both teams.

825387952[/snapback]

Hasn't alcoa already played a wing t team in william blount,And stuffed it before it ever got started?Alcoa wins

For Webb to even have a chance to win this one, they are going to have to eat up a lot of clock w/ a successful running game. However, this task is not going to be easy...AT ALL. But Webb is getting a key lineman back and also another running back back that have been hurt. I want to say that Webb can win this one, but I am not sure, but with weapons such as Walker in the running game, and Clendenen in the kick returning aspect there is an outside chance. A turn over or two can put Webb in a position to win it by the end. But it hard to beat good teams when you are as one dimensional as the Spartans are right now. We'll see!

Right now I'm about positive Webb has almost no chance at stopping Duck. Duck could have his 30th TD of the year after this game, and 150-200 yards. As I've said many, many times if Webb concentrates on stopping Duck than they won't stop the Alcoa passing game of Fiegler & Co. Alcoa likes to run "twins" to the right, and leave Brandon Warren isolated to the left, and that's where I've noticed Webb likes to run man to man, so look for Warren to have a big night.

BTW, there was a great story about Duck tonight on Channel 6's News, and Duck's national recognition. This week he received a letter from Pete Carroll of Southern Cal, and I thought it was just a rumor at first, but when I found out I was really impressed. Way to go Duck.

Another great breakdown by my good pal Tom... Like you, I couldnt believe the USC thing, until I actually saw the hand-written letter. First of all, Alcoa's defense is to athletic to be taken down by the wing t. Second of all, Duck will have 0 problems about running the ball right down Webb's throat. I tell you what, I'll be surprised if Joei throws for 10 times.