Scott County @ Austin-East

ChrisBurr555555

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hats off to Scott High for hanging tough as the game was all knotted up at 28-28 with 11:11 left to play. And I'm still wondering why AE was running toss sweeps into the endzone from nearly 20yds out instead of taking a knee up 42-28 on the last play of the game instead of taking a knee--maybe their margin of victory wasn't big enough!!

Answer, I'm wondering about that, too. I thought the A-E coaches had much more class than that. But they proved me wrong last night. There was no reason for that. Completely unnecessary.

Well a win is a win and a loss is a loss regardless, but I got to say congratulations to the Highlanders for playing a VERY good game. I know they're disappointed that they didn't get the W but I'm proud of 'em. I was one of the ones who said it would be ugly and boy was I wrong. If someone had told me that the game would be tied with 11:11 remaining, I'd have laughed at 'em.

AE will be without Tyrone Jackson. But this AE team has a different focus. Albert wants to make up yards for last week.  For the team he moved to receiver to act as a decoy from the third quarter on.  Watch out for McAllister at RB also.

825387216[/snapback]

He needs to make them up. He only had 29 at the end of the 3rd quarter and 60 or 70 at the end of the game. But, they did get the win. Most teams don't throw to a decoy.

Scott Shocked alot of people last night as the played the #1 team in the state. Scott Scored on their first drive 7-0 Scott, but not just 2 plays later Harris broke a 60 yard TD. But this didnt bother the Highlanders as they drove it down their throut again and scored went for 2 and got it 15-14 Scott. AE had an awsome passing game and thats how they scored their 3rd TD, but missed the extra point 15-20 AE. Scott has to punt the ball away but they showed AE how to play Defence and stopped them just yards from AE's goal line. They take a knee to end the first half. Second half begins Scott has ball in their own Territory they start a good drive and it gets better Scott scores again to make it 21-20 Scott trys for 2 no good. AE's ball they get a good drive and score 21-26 they go for 2 its good 21-28 AE. Scott Drives down the field with an excellent pass and catch by Josh Terry to Mike Reeber. 27-28,and Scott Tacks on the extra point. 28-28. 11:11 to in the the game. The Highlanders didnt give up until the final horn blew. Even though the scoreboard shown scott gettin beat by 20 scott put up a heck of a fight and alot of people think that scott are the real winners....GO SCOTT

Alot of people were not counting on Scott for a win,but it seemed like there would be a major upset after the game.But after playing on both sides of the ball you would get tired too.Espiecially if you played as physical as Scott did.I Dint think nobody but the players and coaches on Scott believed there would be a good football game going on tonight.

HOLD ON!! Wait just one minute. Why does it seem that no one is giving AE any credit? Yes, Scott County hung tough, played hard, and fought back. But what you fail to realize is, AE hung tough, played hard, fought back, and won. There is a point and time in everyone season where things go wrong and start to look bad. But only a championship team can overcome such poor execution and win. I give Scott County all credit that is due for competing with us, but it just wasn't enough. Even with all the fiasco the media and football fans will make about SC hanging with the Roadrunners, something good will come out of this for us. It shows us how much will we have to win. In any given situation. I'm glad SC tested us the way they did, so we know what we need to work on before it causes us a downfall. If you look back at the past couple of years, SC has always played us tough. What am I saying!!?? The fact of the matter is no matter the test, AE will step up and play, and win. SC tried, but not hard enough. Other teams have tried, but not hard enough. Six more will try, but it won't be hard enough. thumb

Janu, you said it all. I can't say anything because you just told it like it is!

I'm just glad the challenge came in the regular season. That's a wake up call for you all and I hope that you all can learn from this game. I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on it. One thing I want to comment on is how you're calling the coaches from AE classless. The AE coaches teach their players to give it their all. If the score is out of hand and the back ups come in, do you think they're just going to sit on the ball when they can have their chance to shine? Come on now, why would a player want to go in the game if the coach just want him to lose yardage so the clock can run out? Don't hate on AE.

Like I said in my earlier post, I was looking forward to this game because they played AE close last year.

I am gonna hand it to the highlanders for their performance thursday night but austin east is a very good team and they showed it they stayed in the game and their coachs did a good job with everything it is always great going to ae for the game but everyone is nice and stuff and ae is a good ball team and they need alot of respect....quick question for a.e who do u think will win scott or anderson county