DCA @ CPA *Let it Begin*

TheScout

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like a bald Rodney Dangerfield...only more alive.  I'll probably wear a cap to keep the fans near me from suffering glare blindness lol. :lol:

825394335[/snapback]

I always sit on the aisle going up to the pressbox in the upper deck (about 6-8 rows below the pressbox) behind the railing that overlooks the ramp leading to the upper deck. There is almost always seats next to me or I will save you some if you want. Just be ready to cheer for CPA :lol:

Good luck to both CPA and DCA. Can't really decide who to give the edge to, although I would be very surprised to see this game won by more than a touchdown. Would love to see the game myself but I'm kinda busy tonight.....

Again good luck to both teams in what im sure will be one of the best games all year long in TN football.

Edited by Big48Eagle

Since I have nothing better to do, I think I'll further analyze:

DCA Run Offense vs. CPA Run Defense: This is, with all due respect to CPA the easiest of the matchups to handicap. DCA has a monster offensive line and they are averaging about 10 yards per carry as a team. Wooden himself has averaged as much as 25 yards per carry in some games. He hasn't, however gotten more than 20 carries all year and that was by far his most carries in a game. He will undoubtedly carry the load against the Lions, but DCA weilds more weapons in the running game this season than last. Last year, they were a one man offense;this year, they are somewhat of a committee with a focal point(Wooden). Ryan Fields has averaged about 20 yards per carry in the last 3 games and is the speedy change of pace to Wooden's pound and ground. Fenwich, the quarterback, is a great athlete has evolved into a run/pass dual threat and DCA likes to use designed runs for him. CPA's defense is suffering from injuries and they have struggled to stop the run all year.

EDGE:DCA

Unbiased, my last post on the big game before I head to the "Den" for a great night of HS football.

Last year when DCA beat CPA in the playoffs, they had over 300 yards rushing (most by Wooden) AND YET only won by a TD even though CPA:

1. Dropped an easy TD pass (Sikes) in the 1st quarter costing a TD

2. Fumbled on DCA's 2 yard line in the 2nd half costing at least a FG

3. Fumbled on 1st down at midfield in the 2nd half after driving from the 1 yard line and having DCA defense "on their heels".

So DCA's success in the run game, though important, does not determine the outcome.

CPA's defense is a bit of a "bend, don't break" style. DCA should be favored in this game, but I feel good about CPA's chances as they always play well against DCA. One thing for sure - a lot of tradition of excellence and class on both sides - coaches, players and schools.

GO, CPA !!