DCA @ CPA *Let it Begin*

TheScout

Since I have nothing better to do, I think I'll further analyze:

CPA Run Offense Vs. DCA Run Defense-Landers is a speedy tailback, Harrison is a good fullback, and CPA is good at picking up chunks of yardage by spreading the field and using draws and using dump passes to their backs as long handoffs. But they will be facing a very large and athletic defensive front with a D1 prospect leading it. No one has been able to run on them this year and DCA's pass rush heavily affects the opposition's passing game. Landers will get most of his yards by pass catching because no one runs up the middle on DCA's line.

EDGE:DCA

CPA Pass Offense vs DCA Pass Defense-As good as DCA's line is, I think the strength of their defense is the secondary and linebacking corps. Their secondary lacks size and thats a real disadvantage against Sikes, but they are very fast, are hard hitters, and were successful against Sikes last year. DCA played one team that relies as much on the pass as CPA this year in Jackson Christian. DCA recorded 4 interceptions and ran one back for a Touchdown. CPA has a D1 prospect as their go to guy, however, and their pass offense is not the same as the one DCA played against last year. I believe it is more similar to the Ezell spread offense of 3 years ago. DCA may hold it at bay for a while, but Pollock and Sikes WILL get their numbers.

EDGE:CPA

DCA Run Offense vs. CPA Run Defense: This is, with all due respect to CPA the easiest of the matchups to handicap. DCA has a monster offensive line and they are averaging about 10 yards per carry as a team. Wooden himself has averaged as much as 25 yards per carry in some games. He hasn't, however gotten more than 20 carries all year and that was by far his most carries in a game. He will undoubtedly carry the load against the Lions, but DCA weilds more weapons in the running game this season than last. Last year, they were a one man offense;this year, they are somewhat of a committee with a focal point(Wooden). Ryan Fields has averaged about 20 yards per carry in the last 3 games and is the speedy change of pace to Wooden's pound and ground. Fenwich, the quarterback, is a great athlete has evolved into a run/pass dual threat and DCA likes to use designed runs for him. CPA's defense is suffering from injuries and they have struggled to stop the run all year.

DCA Pass Offense vs CPA Pass Defense: This is the most difficult to handicap. DCA's aerial game has improve drammatically since last year. They don't use it like CPA; they use their run to set up the pass by play action. Fenwich has shown that he can throw a beautiful deep ball and , while CPA has one great wideout in Sikes, DCA has two very solid one in Garrett and Hall. Their All-State tight-end is also a very good pass catcher. DCA uses the the screen pass to its wideouts as well. CPA had trouble against Ezell stopping the pass, and DCA will surely test them through the air. This one is a total guess, but I have to say......

EDGE: Slightly to DCA

Special Teams: DCA has used two kickers this year and have a punter who can absolutely boom it out of orbit. DCA has only returned one kick for a toucdown this year. Luke Landers of CPA is a marvelous kick returner and returned two kicks for scores just last week. The kicking game is even, but Landers by himself is the tiebreaker here.

EDGE: CPA

Coaching:Goodwin is the dean of coaches in Region 5 and Jay Mathews has never faced DCA or Chris Wooden before.

Homefield:They Den is as tough a place to play as any in the state.

EDGE: CPA

Schedule: As Divepix said earlier, CPA has a much tougher non-region schedule, but DCA has done considerably better against common opponents. DCA's toughest opponent is No.6-Ranked Jackson Christian. DCA handed them their only loss in a systematic 28-7 spanking. CPA put 28 on RIVERDALE. That alone gives them the edge, here and then some.

EDGE:CPA

Prediction=.........DCA 24-CPA 24............. :ph34r: You actually want me to pick a winner?

Edited by unbiasedspectator

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic