Blount County Basketball

dudenoway

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the Daily Times about all the county teams, and the one thing that I have a question about is Justin Bruce. He wasn't mentioned once in the article for Heritage, but Grant Snoderly was.-An experienced senior leader who quit during the summer for reasons I do not know.- Not taking anything away from Grant because he is a very tough competitor, but what about Justin? Did he quit or was he just not brought up in the interview? I hope he is still part of the team because he is one of the better guards in the district this year in my opinion. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry ... been away for awhile.

WB isn't huge, but the post players they have are very fundamentally sound and are very athletic. Glasgow will drop step you on the block one time down the floor, then step out and hit the three the next time. Eakins will be one of the top players in ET. Palmer will surprise you guys that say we don't have a point guard ... he's worked hard and I think it will show. Lucas Wall is very athletic and a defensive stopper. That other post will probably be Josh Hilbert. Once again, not a huge physical presence, but an incredibly gifted athlete. HERE'S ANOTHER NAME TO REMEMBER ... sophomore Mark McGill, when he's in the zone, is as good a three point shooter as ANYONE anywhere.

They play in a tough district ... so it's hard to predict how they'll do ... but I think by tournament time, Coach Baumann will have them on a very competitive level.

BTW ... all you folks talking about Maryville. You better not overlook Joey Koontz. He's had to overcome a knee injury, but I promise you, he'll light it up for anywhere on the court. He has no maximum range, he can pull from anywhere.

Alcoa is scary. They have so many athletes ... especially when football gets over. Dustin Lindsey told me he was coming back out this year. That's just another cog in the machine.

I hope Heritage is improved. I love their coach. He's top notch.

WB may have the fundamentally sound post but how do they match up with brandon warren or dustin lindsey, who is just plain huge. Or some other large post in BC. They may be sound but in BC you got to be tough to hang inside. I believe WB has some great guards but i believe palmer will struggle this year and may not be able to handle the pressue.

Maryville is always tough and always reloads is seems so i don't see why they won't be the best team in blount county. I know they lost a lot of people but i still feel they will compete witht the best.

Alcoa is very young and has loads of potential. They should have a great inside game with warren,lindsey,walker, and sykes. Alcoa's guards have got to improve though and i don't believe they don't have a point guard either.

Heritage is an improved team and will be in mostgames this year. There lack on an inside prescence may hurt them in the long run. Not enough depth to make a run.

WB may have the fundamentally sound post but how do they match up with brandon warren or dustin lindsey, who is just plain huge.  Or some other large post in BC.  They may be sound but in BC you got to be tough to hang inside.  I believe WB has some great guards but i believe palmer will struggle this year and may not be able to handle the pressue. 

Maryville is always tough and always reloads is seems so i don't see why they won't be the best team in blount county.  I know they lost a lot of people but i still feel they will compete witht the best.

Alcoa is very young and has loads of potential.  They should have a great inside game with warren,lindsey,walker, and sykes.  Alcoa's guards have got to improve though and i don't believe they don't have a point guard either. 

Heritage is an improved team and will be in mostgames this year.  There lack on an inside prescence may hurt them in the long run.  Not enough depth to make a run.

825432961[/snapback]

Warren is a great post player with some incredible moves. Dustin doesn't seem to be any taller now then he was in 7th grade. With a year of basketball missed, and with the work Glasgow has put in specifically on basketball, I'll take him (Glasgow) as a post player over Duck. Brandon vs Glasgow will be a good match-up.

High School Basketball ... I love it.

GovMan I could not agree with you more about Koontz. The way people are talking on here it doesn't sound like he is going to get the chance to start. If this is the case he will be a tremendous 6th man. He can sure light up. Has a great shot.

I believe that Glasgow will be able to hold his own in the post. He got lots of playing time last year, and he has got a lot better since last season.

Alcoa might be hurting a little, I believe till December when they bring home the championship in football.

I am excitied about the Jamboree tonight. Should be the beginning of four great seasons for blount county basketball.

WB girls beat Maryville girls

Don't know about HHS and Alcoa girls

WB lost to Maryville in the guys game, both teams looked good. William Blount did not play there starters long at all. It was a very physical game, lots of fouls. Maryville looked like they had some very athletic guys, they had some big blocks. These two teams will make for some good regular season games.

Did not stay for the Heritage and Alcoa game.

• 4 weeks later...