Gomab's Updated Rankings?

mason1bball

how about you rate these kids and leave the Scholarship signing to the college coaches...unless you get a College coaching job!

825426654[/snapback]

See Dawg, that right there is showing your ignorance of how the system works. Telling an AAU coach, not to mention evaluator, not to help with the college scholarship signing is just ignorance. I wasn't that much of a believer until this past summer and I traveled to Houston and saw an entire HALF of a VERY large gym filled with college coaches. Not just DIII or JUCO, every DI program you can think of. There is NOWHERE else a kid can get exposure like AAU. If you don't know your info you should probably stay out of the argument. There is simply no one else that know TN high school ball like Jeremy and Andre. Bottom line. You may not agree but don't knock the qualifications.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
i guess you "helped" Dotson get his scholarship with UT, youre the man....I still think the recruiting service is OVERRATED!!!!  you should be proud that TN HS players are doing good for themselves in a State univerisity, but you continue to question their decision to sign Dotson....ease up no one is stepping on your ground keep up the good work...how about you rate these kids and leave the Scholarship signing to the college coaches...unless you get a College coaching job!

825426654[/snapback]

dont worry bout this punk gomab, you do an absolutely fantastic job with your player rankings. and dawg, if dotson really was a top 10 tn prospect, he would be signing with a big time program, not ut

I don't know how this post got on to a Dotson talk but rankings are rankings, that is it. Yeah colleges probably look at them I don't know but these rankings are for the public to and it is going to cause controversy, period. We'll see in a few years if Gomab is wrong. If he is he is and if he isn't he isn't but don't waste your time argueing over it everyone has their own opinion.

Gomab,

I totally disagree with whoever it is that is saying all this crud. In fact I disagree so much that my concern is that you need to be a bit MORE careful. I think you have a great deal of influence. I have been all over the state for about 6 years watching games and listening to people talk about the talent in Tn. Your name gets brought up all the time. People respect you and so with that respect comes responsibility. I think you are right to say that folks get upset when you don't rank "their guy" as high as they think you should, I know I have been there myself. However, I think you need to be very careful and at times just say that you are not sure because you haven't seen so and so play all that much to evaluate his game thoroughly. Nothing wrong with saying you need more info.

But your posts are a few of the intelligent ones on here even if I don't agree and that is what makes this fun. Thanks for your work.

Dotson is probably pretty good, but if hes being signed or recruited by UT then its not that big of a deal....the past two years they have signed guys who are very overrated like Herndon and Bradshaw...I know this is not about UT but i have to throw this in...they will not be successful until they start recruiting other places than TN, dont get me wrong TN has A LOT of good players, but they cant compeat with UK, FL, Miss St. and even Vandy

Dotson is probably pretty good, but if hes being signed or recruited by UT then its not that big of a deal....the past two years they have signed guys who are very overrated like Herndon and Bradshaw...I know this is not about UT but i have to throw this in...they will not be successful until they start recruiting other places than TN, dont get me wrong TN has A LOT of good players, but they cant compeat with UK, FL, Miss St. and even Vandy

825427005[/snapback]

"Won't be successful until they start recruiting other places than tennessee"

That has to be the single most stupid sentence I have ever seen! They need to get some of the true Tennessee talent and keep them in state! Memphis is the 2nd ranked city in the NATION for H.S. Basketball talent! All of the Tennessee standouts end up going out of state, so he needs to come up w/ a way to keep them at home... (winning it all would definitely do that) Acquiring Jackie Butler, Tyler Smith, and supposedly Jamont Gordon is the best thing that Buzz could have done! Next year will be truly special if those three are all on the same volunteer team... Talk about the start of something new..

I couldn't have said it better MAS. Buzz should focus on the TN players. Look at the talent that has committed elsewhere for next year.

Delk Twins...MS State

J.P. Prince...Arizona

Jamont...has not verbally committed, but I find it hard to believe that he had to go to Oak Hill to prep himself for TN basketball.

That is just in the Class of '05. Willie Kemp would be next project if I was Buzz. This kid can do it all.

What makes teams like Kentucky successful my man?

I'll tell you what does.....not having all these top notch players and taking role players with maybe one or two better players...where do they end up all the time SEC Regular Season/Tournment Champs and Sweet 16's and 7 national tittles....they dont recruit very much from the state of TN...I think the last person they did was Ron Mercer, and you cant really count him......The Delk's wouldnt have gone to UT....Memphis doesnt count because those guys are looking to go to BIG TIME PROGRAMS AND THAT IS NOT THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE! They are a football school, never have been a basketball school and never will be, they cannot compeat in the SEC in basketball.....but I still believe they should recruit outside of TN more, but if they are going to to recruit here then they should concentrate on the Memphis area and thats it

i guess you "helped" Dotson get his scholarship with UT, youre the man....I still think the recruiting service is OVERRATED!!!!  you should be proud that TN HS players are doing good for themselves in a State univerisity, but you continue to question their decision to sign Dotson....ease up no one is stepping on your ground keep up the good work...how about you rate these kids and leave the Scholarship signing to the college coaches...unless you get a College coaching job!

825426654[/snapback]

1) He's had a college coaching job.

2) Has he ever said he isn't "proud that a TN HS player is doing good for himself in a state university?"

"Won't be successful until they start recruiting other places than tennessee"

That has to be the single most stupid sentence I have ever seen!  They need to get some of the true Tennessee talent and keep them in state!  Memphis is the 2nd ranked city in the NATION for H.S. Basketball talent!  All of the Tennessee standouts end up going out of state, so he needs to come up w/ a way to keep them at home...  (winning it all would definitely do that)  Acquiring Jackie Butler, Tyler Smith, and supposedly Jamont Gordon is the best thing that Buzz could have done!  Next year will be truly special if those three are all on the same volunteer team...  Talk about the start of something new..

825427021[/snapback]

Jackie butler went pro but was waived by the Timberwolves

825427005[/snapback]

So you are saying that Bradshaw is very overrated?????????