Greenbrier vs Marshall county

green1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McTiger, who's been Marshall County's toughest opponent so far?

Looking over your schedule and schedule strength ranking that CoachT has (MC is 48th), I would think you would schedule against a team other than Fayette Ware. Shutting out a team with last weeks score looks pretty impressive until you see that they (FW) haven't even scored on five teams they have played. Sounds more like a practice than much of a challenge. As I recall they had pretty much the same kind of season last year, and yet you played them last year too.

Edited by EZBeingGreen

McTiger, who's been Marshall County's toughest opponent so far?

I would think you would schedule against a team other than Fayette Ware.

I agree with you that Fayette Ware was an easy game, but when you are in an area surronded by 5A and 4A schools, none of which wish to take a game with you, you have to do whatever is necessary to fill the schedule. Which is worse, playing a team such as Fayette Ware or not playing?? I think playing someone like Fayette Ware is the better of the two.

And to answer your question the best team that Marshall County has seen this year would have to be David Lipscomb.

I am "trully" hurt that mctiger did not pick Page as their toughest opponent.......I am flabbergasted...taken aback....shocked.....even mystified...ha ha

Fayette -Ware..now that was a 'Mac" scheduling marvel...they have won 1 game total in about 10 yrs....and the ability to spin it as "no one" will play us is even better.

I give credit to Greenbrier for "loading up" their schedule cause they not only want to get better but go all the way. We tried that 2 yrs. ago and it hurt us. It looks like that schedule will pay dividends for the Bobcats down the road. An easy schedule doesn't help .....look at region 6.

I am "trully" hurt that mctiger did not pick Page as their toughest opponent.......I am flabbergasted...taken aback....shocked.....even mystified...ha ha

Fayette -Ware..now that was a 'Mac" scheduling marvel...they have won 1 game total in about 10 yrs....and the ability to spin it as "no one" will play us is even better.

I give credit to Greenbrier for "loading up" their schedule cause they not only want to get better but go all the way. We tried that 2 yrs. ago and it hurt us. It looks like that schedule will pay dividends for the Bobcats down the road. An easy schedule doesn't help .....look at region 6.

825391023[/snapback]

You definitelyhave to give MC credit for the DL game. If I'm not mistaken, you all play DL pretty much every year. They're ALWAYS tough.

Putting together the tough "out-of-region" schedule has it's good and bad. In the past few years when the Cats lost some of these games, it almost came back to haunt us with tie-breakers and overall records. You also run the risk of injuries by playing the stronger teams. The good point is that it definitely makes your team improve, gets you some good "pub" if you win, and strengthens team confidence. Greenbrier has most often gone with the tough route. David Lipscomb, White House, Springfield, and Fort Campbell have been some of the regulars. Springfield dropped us when they lost 3 out of 4 years...... :blink:

I give credit to Greenbrier for "loading up" their schedule cause they not only want to get better but go all the way. ..... It looks like that schedule will pay dividends for the Bobcats down the road.....

825391023[/snapback]

Those who have been around Greenbrier longer than I have, please correct me if I am wrong. I will say that this current group of seniors that everyone speaks so highly of has made a HUGE difference in this whole program. Their hard working, never say die attitude has worn off on classes ahead of and behind them.

Playing the tough schedules has helped to bring out the best in these guys and they have NEVER gone into a game thinking they couldn't win. They have looked at them as a challenge that they were determined to meet. From what I have "heard", Greenbrier hasn't had that mentality in many, many years.

Regardless, this special group of kids could have an impact on this high school program long beyond their playing years. They have set their sights on SUCCESS and not on mediocrity! They brought that attitude in when they were Freshmen and it has rubbed off.

Of course, having a great coaching staff at the same time these guys came "through the ranks" sure didn't hurt any! B)

The mental outlook to games is as important as the physical ability of the players. If you don't think you can win, well guess what. You won't win.

825391237[/snapback]

Amen! I remember when some of this year's seniors were freshmen and they were struggling with the fact that some of the seniors on that years team were laughing and cutting up on the sideline at the end of a game that they were losing. When you're used to winning, that's all that you expect. This years group of seniors only lost 3 games EVER from age 6 up until their freshmen year. I know it was only junior pro and jr high but it was still 10 games a year and you learn to expect to win. Last years senior class was one of the leading groups on getting the positive attitude and focus going and hopefully GB can keep it around.