Camden moves to middle TN

tamirrt

Yeah seems to me this guys have forgot how big of powerhouses Harpeth and Lewis Co. use to be. They are rebuilding and will be back at full strength in a year or 2. Loretto and Richland are rapidly improving. Go ahead and think this is a cupcake division, you will be surprise come next year. This situation is as easy as people think. With the TSSAA unwilling to split the privates up in Nashville it will cause trouble for everyone. Camden don't get the big head after having one good season, cause you will be in for a dog fight if you come across the river.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember those teams, Camden used to always get spanked by them in the first round. But that was an entirely different team then. We have an entirely new staff, except for one, and that is the main reason we are doing so well this year. I might be wrong on this, but it seems to me that teams in the west have much more speed. And usually teams from middle play a more smash-mouth, power type game. If Camden moves to middle, I think they will finish 1st or 2nd for the next few years, based on their coaching staff, athletes, and the fact that have great team speed along with tough physical play.

Camden may do well next season, but it question marks after that. Depends on how the other teams develop. Camden will have to learn to play smashmouth football week in and week out. Over here we don't juke or drive we run over you. Gotta love a little contact. It will be interesting seeing how a team with speed does over here.

Tamaritt surely the principal of Camden would not be spreading rumors about Boyd being inelgible and lionschs there you go again running your big mouth about sh$#^ you don't know about. Previous Camden teams that played Lewis Co. and Harpeth were overmatched and it didn't freakin matter if Steve Spurrier was coaching Camden would have been beaten.

Tamaritt surely the principal of Camden would not be spreading rumors about Boyd being inelgible and lionschs there you go again running your big mouth about sh$#^ you don't know about.  Previous Camden teams that played Lewis Co. and Harpeth were overmatched and it didn't freakin matter if Steve Spurrier was coaching Camden would have been beaten.

825391219[/snapback]

Wow, you must be president of the David Fisher fan club. I can't even get on here and state my opinion without having you jump all over me. Trust me, I have a good share of knowledge about Camden football. If you ask any player off of the 99', 00', or 01' teams, they will tell you they lost because of coaching. Take for example, 2001 against Lewis Co. We lost 40-0. We have the 6-2a offensive MVP in our backfield. 3 times in the red zone we try to throw the ball, twice intercepted the other turned over on downs. We were in the game in the third quarter, I think it was 13-0 at half, so we were not overmatched, simply outcoached. And that is evident in many games in those seasons.

No i am not a member but yes you are an idiot. I was there also every year you are talking about and if it was 13-0 then that was great coaching to be that close. Again if you were at those games and you still say that Camden should have even stayed close much less beaten those teams yes you are a moron. Do you say Camden got beat last year (51-7) by Huntingdon or this year because of coaching no I think not it was because of Donald,Bell,Weathers etc. I am sure people are tired of us arguing on here so why don't we meet somewhere and discuss it?

Tamaritt surely the principal of Camden would not be spreading rumors about Boyd being inelgible and lionschs there you go again running your big mouth about sh$#^ you don't know about.  Previous Camden teams that played Lewis Co. and Harpeth were overmatched and it didn't freakin matter if Steve Spurrier was coaching Camden would have been beaten.

825391219[/snapback]

I have heard a few state that it was said by Mr. Kee...but it really doesn't matter if its moot point...don't be so hostile...Lewis Co and Harpeth have always had powerful teams and I don't expect it to be any different when and if we get over there....this thread was not started to say Camden was so great...it was just to discuss how the future could look like if Camden were to cross the river.

Gerry B,

Sure not ME forgetting the tail whuppins' at Harpeth & Lewis County! Just because someone SAYS a region is up or down one year doesn't mean anything! No, it all goes around on the W & L's over the long haul, that's for sure!

thumb

My concern is the travel & the associations that have built tradition & rivalries in the program going 'way back to the beginning! That is the biggest shame, IMHO.

Also, the drive from CHS to RICHLAND! ARRRGGGHHH! Man, that would be tough.

What ever happens will, but it kind of seems short sighted for the TSSAA to make that kind of a change! Some CHS fans are excited about recent success & it's hard to throttle it with a program that really has been down since 1965 (some success in mid 80's). The school is trying to do things right in building a winning tradition. Try to cut them a little slack, if you can...kids are cute at that age...

B)

GO LIONS!

Wow, you must be president of the David Fisher fan club. I can't even get on here and state my opinion without having you jump all over me. Trust me, I have a good share of knowledge about Camden football. If you ask any player off of the 99', 00', or 01' teams, they will tell you they lost because of coaching. Take for example, 2001 against Lewis Co. We lost 40-0. We have the 6-2a offensive MVP in our backfield. 3 times in the red zone we try to throw the ball, twice intercepted the other turned over on downs. We were in the game in the third quarter, I think it was 13-0 at half, so we were not overmatched, simply outcoached. And that is evident in many games in those seasons.

825391232[/snapback]

LOL @ David Fisher fan club!!! too funny....I have to side with you on this one...we had too many talented players to not have won more in those years...it was coaching without a doubt...just think what could have been with a coach of Ward's caliber.

I didn't say member, I said president. I'm just glad other things motivate my life other than getting agitated and upset over high school football. Oh yeah, I'm sure if it was that close at the half it had to have been the coaching, and if they would have won, wow, what great coaches they had. But if they lost, that team stunk, they didn't have any talent, the coaches needed some athletes. I think it takes sometime for a new coach to implement his style, schemes, and strategy. It's obvious that Ward had time to do that this year. We only lost about 7 seniors last year, so the team is almost identical this year. But wow, look at the difference in the records. Looks like Ward just needed a year to get his feet wet.

It is a fact, good coaches make good players and good teams. If you have all the talent in the world, it won't get you very far without good coaching. Many times, in all sports, have great coaches taken mediocore teams and made them the best.

Edited by lionschs