Oneida

the one

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

oneida looks to have another good team this year. the district ought to be really competitive with A powerhouses sunbright and oakdale along with coalfield. wartburg is also looking great this year. this could be the best district in A. look for oneida to challenge for murfreesboro.

GO INDIANS and reigning district 2-A coach of the year kevin windle

This could be the year for Oneida to make a run at the region and state.....of course they still have to play the games, but they have so many solid players to choose from....their depth and versatility is definitely a plus.....they will wear teams down with their defensive pressure, and they can bang it down low or stroke the three on offense.......a lot of it depends on the leadership and unselfishness of their seniors....Windle is the class of young coaches in this area and will do his part to get the Indians ready........will they respond?

What About My Man Coach K at Rockwood. Never underestimate the man. I think in my few posts last year I made the same statement. I think I predicted Oneida's demise and didn't Rockwood go to the State?

I understand that Coach Windle resurrected Reagan (Anderson Co and Scott High coaching alum) and further that he has restructured his team ( I have a friend who is friends with one of his players dad) Hint, the players dad works for the town. Therefore, I plan to attend the Thanksgiving fest at Oneida this year. Maybe my friend Bray will so happen to ref. I like to watch Cosby too. Their young post player is fun to watch play. I am curious to see if Oneida will play as stupid as they did last year. I have a gut feeling that will not be the case and Coach Windle's teething process is over.

Word to the Goose, go watch Shannon at Wartburg, my friends in the area say he is the real deal and his folks are shopping a high school for his future

Enough about Scott/Morgan County/ Roane County--My friend Teddy Collingsworth and Sheriff Seal says watch out for Hancock County this year--would that be true?? thumb

Edited by pugs

pugs, you're always so full of encouragement for your old school. That's alright, you couldn't do half the job Windle has done to get the program started again, he's busted his butt and got recognized for it last year. We went 19-15 last year after going 6-20 the year before with different coach. We're looking for at least 20 wins this year.

RO, it's hard to put up a specific number of wins for your goal in the season...keep the goals attainable, and yet challenging enough....like getting 8 or more rebounds per game...if you do that...you'll help your team get more than 20 wins, without focusing on just wins. Oh, also, great job this year in football, keep it up.

Pugs, I don't think anyone was underestimating Coach Kamikawa from Rockwood. He is a great coach and a class act. There is no doubt that this district is loaded with good coaches. I'm sure he will have his team ready...he always does.

Hancock Co. will be a factor in whoever goes to state. They are a good team with some talent, and love to scrap and play defense. If Oneida and Hancock Co. meet, I'm sure it will be another classic battle.

Chill, good post, and you had 2 key points: 1) leadership and 2) unselfishness

If the Indians find the right leadership, and keep the unselfishness attitude that they have shown in the summer, (not fall), they will be successful. If either one of the 2 points aren't controlled, then it could be a short exit in the post season. Thanks for the points, chill....

pugs, you're always so full of encouragement for your old school. That's alright, you couldn't do half the job Windle has done to get the program started again, he's busted his butt and got recognized for it last year. We went 19-15 last year after going 6-20 the year before with different coach. We're looking for at least 20 wins this year.

825421105[/snapback]

Wow, some anger there. the 6-20 team should have been 20-6. Are you satisfied with your season last year at Oneida?Did you actually think the team played well? Come on-watching Oneida last year made me want to puke. The players had such a high opinion of themselves and I guess getting blowed out by Cosby and winning 19 games has carried over to this year (beating Sunbright, Oakdale, Jellico and Coalfield probably were the bulk of those wins right?). Who did you beat that could play-- I can think of a couple of teams but that is all. I know where I live we have higher goals each year than number of wins. Number of wins are good for coaching resumes but not for post season play. Is your goal at Oneida to win 20 games or is it a different goal? I wish Oneida the best and unlike last year, I would bet on your team. Maybe Oneida is so interesting due to the orange uniforms or is that Greenback? Lenoir City? Coalfield? Sullivan Central? I attempted to say something positive about Oneida and wow, the players are still playing on the computer rather than ballin. Okay maybe I will not bet on Oneida. The program never stopped at Oneida since Coach Barnes, it took a dip in the won/loss area and morale but all of that has since been straightened out by a young coach who cares.It wasnt really that hard for Coach Windle to align but you players will never go forward in post season play until you set your goals higher. Ask Tennessee Temple players what their goal is each year. Your statements indicate a Coalfield mentality-- hey we are good! Look at how many games we won this year while we hit baseball (our real sport) and read about other teams in the News Sentinel in post season play. I post a few times a year for childrens anger relief. thumb