Predictions for All-State Team?

gimp

soccerislife, I don't know whether I'm least impressed by your poor grasp of geography, your lack of knowledge regarding who's who in TN soccer, or your elitest attitude suggesting the only soccer players deserving of All-State honors MUST play for a known team.

1.  Tullahoma and Shelbyville aren't counties, they are cities.

2.  Here's a helpful link to last year's AAA All-State team:

http://dbsoccer.org/AllState/GirlsAllStateAAA2003.htm

look closely and you'll find 4 players from Tullahoma and 2 from Coffee County on the list, along with several other players from what you may consider little-known teams.

3.  ALL the girls I mentioned have played Division 1 select soccer; Kimberly Thorington plays for Brentwood Impact - maybe you've heard of them at least?  State Champions in their age group the last three years and I believe Kimberly is one of their highest-scorers - even if her school team never wins a game, she is still an extremely talented soccer player and deserving of a (repeat) spot on the All-State team

4.  Let me assure you the folks from Tullahoma will be quick to point out the Tullahoma girls have been in the AAA Final Four for six straight years, and that no one else can make that claim, so they'll claim to be in the "known" category - OBTW, do you know what the Final Four is?

5.  Shelbyville is not known all around the state?  Maybe true for girl's soccer (basketball is quite another story!), but stick around for a few years...........

825400217[/snapback]

Woah woah lets all just chill. You are getting really offended. Obviously soccerislife knows who these teams are now, and quit honestly now so do I. For the record, we do know who the Diadora Impact are, and we do live in Tennessee. Also, not everyone concerns themselves with the other divisions their schools aren't involved in unless the teams are in the finals. Finally, Baylor has been in the State Final Four for at least the six times consecutively (I'm almost possitive it is more.) They have won six titles in eight years (runner up in 2000), so yes other teams can make that claim. Not to mention the fact that Baylor has won the title four years straight. (We are aware of what the Final Four is and also what the Finals are.) Also, Baylor defeated other teams in other divisions such as CCS. All this information is coming, obviously, from a huge Baylor fan.

Edited by LifeisGood4

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those three positons you are refering to are outside forward (both sides) and center forward, then this girl doesn't sound too good because it's the same position.

825399721[/snapback]

Margaret started the season at center midfield and was moved to the forward position because of her speed. She moved to outside halfback occassionally, which is considered midfield, whenever she was needed for defense and offense, and rotated during the games between positons. During the postseason and at state, one of our Center midfielders has been hurt, so she was needed there, and she usually started as a forward, but was moved to center midfield during the games. She also saw some time as an outside halfback during the state tournament.

Who has heard of these counties? Come on to make the All-State team you and at least your school must be known around ALL of the state. Come on!!

825399862[/snapback]

How is one considered for all state? Are you saying only players from good teams should be considered for all state? Would that mean that a great player from a mediocore or bad team wouldn't have a chance? I knew soccer folks were a bit different but one would think soccer coaches would want the best players on the all state team. Not just the best players from a few select schools.

GK Melissa Ceo oak ridge 12

Christy Zebek hendersonville 12

Meghan Rothenberg farragut 12

D Molly Turner brentwood 12

Liz Rothwell collierville 11

Ellie Howard oak ridge 12

Shea Kinzer bearden 12

Sara Van Sickle farragut 12

Brittany Rogers tullahoma 11

Lia Fannin Houston 11

MF Amy Boyd farragut 12

Emily Buckner tullahoma 12

Jordan Lefan Franklin 12

Ellen Stewart houston 11

Britta Byrne oak ridge 11

Kelly Stewart hendersonville 12

Rebacca Polfus oak ridge 12

Ashley Kyle tullahoma 11

F Katie Green faragut 12

Casey Aloi oak ridge 11

Ashley Beck Rossview 12

Kate Hughes Brentwood 12

Kara Adams tullahoma 11

Hanna Martin shelbyville 9

Ya'll have some logic. Pick people that you really actually think is going to get All-State. These are my top 2 picks from each team that made it to the finals.

FRA- Ashley Price, Marissa Yenni

CCS- Brittany Lee, Heather Trimiew

Houston- Danielle McMurray, Alali Dagugo-Jack

Farragut- Katie Green, Emily Beuerlein

Father Ryan- Carrie Smith, Lauren Purcell

Baylor- Jennifer Clemmer, Paige Lanter

825398762[/snapback]

All well and good, but being at forward or goals scored are not the prerequisite for All-State. Kristin Garman (FRA) at defender is probably the finest player in the state.

Edited by flashgordon