Top teams in Memphis.

Galilee

1. White Station- Key Players: 6-5 J.P. Prince, 6-8 Taylor Schall, 6-7 Calvin Williams.

They do not rebuild, but reload. Prince is a match up problem at the point. Williams and Schall controls inside game. Will miss coach Tippett.

2. Mitchell- Key Players: 6-8 Thad Young, 6-7 Andre Thorton, 6-5 Brandon Powell, 6-0 Michael Cager.

Young may be the best palyer in the state. Thornton and Powell are high D-1 palyers. If depth developes could contend for state title

3. Raliegh Egypt- Key players: 6-7 Lawrence Kinnard, 6-5 Voshon Ingram, 6-2 Maurice Miller.

Michael Joyner is hard to replace, but in Kinnard and Miller(The next star from Memphis) they have two high D-1 players.

4. Fairley- Key players: 6-6 Anthony Mason Jr., 6-6 Reginald Owens, and 6-1

Lawrence Johnson.

Despite the loss of Cromwell this team is still loaded. Plays excellent defense.

5. Hamilton- Key players: 6-7 Jay Watkins and 6-7 Jeremy Williams.

Watkins may be the best kept secret in the state. Williams in a force down low.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. White Station- Key Players: 6-5 J.P. Prince, 6-8 Taylor Schall, 6-7 Calvin Williams.

They do not rebuild, but reload. Prince is a match up problem at the point. Williams and Schall controls inside game. Will miss coach Tippett.

2. Mitchell- Key Players: 6-8 Thad Young, 6-7 Andre Thorton, 6-5 Brandon Powell, 6-0 Michael Cager.

Young may be the best palyer in the state. Thornton and Powell are high D-1 palyers. If depth developes could contend for state title

3. Raliegh Egypt- Key players: 6-7 Lawrence Kinnard, 6-5 Voshon Ingram, 6-2 Maurice Miller.

Michael Joyner is hard to replace, but in Kinnard and Miller(The next star from Memphis) they have two high D-1 players.

4. Fairley- Key players: 6-6 Anthony Mason Jr., 6-6 Reginald Owens, and 6-1

Lawrence Johnson.

Despite the loss of Cromwell this team is still loaded. Plays excellent defense.

5. Hamilton- Key players: 6-7 Jay Watkins and 6-7 Jeremy Williams.

Watkins may be the best kept secret in the state. Williams in a force down low.

825393478[/snapback]

Hard to argue with your list. I think the top 3 are interchangeable, but my nod goes to Raleigh Egypt. Of course I graduated from there 25 years ago. B) Wow! has it been that long ago ...

Ridgeway may be the best in AAA in Memphis (outside of Fairley)...

White Station lost Schall. He graduated, and is attending Yale this fall...

Wooddale will be very, very good...

Fairley will still be VERY tough, and is my pick for the best in Memphis... Mason is a stud, Owens is a great HS player... Johnson is a very solid PG... and Jeremy Jones is often their MOST effective player... Andre Amos can knock down the outside shot... That is a tough starting 5...

I think Raleigh-Egypt is the best team in town.  Mitchell, Fairley, White Station, and Ridgeway are a step below, and Wooddale will probably be the team that gets the most out of what it has.

And what's the news on Cromwell being gone?  I didn't hear about that.

825396001[/snapback]

Cromwell left Fairley before the school year started and is attending The Pendelton School which is the High School for IMG Academies. IMG Academy is located in Bradenton,Florida.

check out www.unapproved website.com for additional information on Tennessee High School basketball

Edited by hoopscoopdre

How stupid of me to leave out Ridgeway. We (Mitchell) open the season against them. What a match up between Thad Young and Pierre Niles.

Ridgeway- Key players:6-7 Pierre Niles, 6-4 Michael Rice, 6-1 Jordan Mincy, 6-2 Wes Chandler, and 6-4 Ernest Fields.

This is agood team. Niles is a manchild and Fields jumps out of the gym. Jordan is an excellent PG and Rice and Chandler can shoot lights out. Mason is a Freshman and a rising star.

I agree that this is another strong year for Memphis basketball!!!

AAA

1. Fairley: Experienced, talented and tough with good size

2. White Station: The last year for having top talent, may struggle next year

3. Hamilton: Loaded with size and athletic ability but a year away on experience

4. Ridgeway: Lots of talent, but fails to click every night because of chemistry

5. Wooddale; Well coached and athletic. Johnson does great job of coaching

6. Melrose: Could be sleeper but lots of football players

AA

1. Raleigh Egypt: Return 13 of 15 players off last year's state tournament team.

6'8" Lawrence Kinnard (UAB committment)

6'5" Vashon Ingram (UT Martin committment)

6'2" Rico Seay 3 year starter at point. Will play 2G this year

6'2" Moe Miller arguably the best sophomore PG in the country

6'5" Larricus Brown A warrior in the paint and can also play on the perimeter

6'5" Nathaniel Calhoun Great athlete with inside-outside skills

6'5" Tim Green Great summer with Arkansas Angels. #1-2-3

6'0" Marcus Hunter Cory Bradford's brother. GREAT shooting guard.

2. Mitchell: GREAT talent and lots of size. Guard play will be the key. Could

be the best in the state by March.

3. Sheffield: Same starting lineup for past two years. They're seniors this

year...so look out. great little sophomore in Culpepper, but remainder of

team are seasoned and battle tested veterans. Athletic.

4. BTW: May still be a year away with sophomore big men and a great freshman

guard. Will muddy up the water come tournament time.

5. Hillcrest: Outside chance with Calvin Williams but may not have enough guns.