FRA vs Chatt Christian

timbdp

wow this is going to be a GREAT game.

i said in another post that it would go to pk's. and i think i will still stand by that. both fra and ccs coasted in the state tournament. look for a well fought out game by both teams. everyone should go. the only big factor will be that the field will be in horrible condition but thankfully they play in the earlier game and will get the best condition of that day. good luck to both teams

congradulations FRA on the 3-2 win.

Good job ccs on a wonderful season. too bad for the sketchy call of that third goal by FRA. We are sorry to see the seniors leave and good luck to both squads next year.

825397672[/snapback]

CCS is an incredibly talented team. So is FRA. Both almost identical in overall skill and talent. It could have gone either way. The FRA players I talked to that were near the net, said it hit the crossbar deflecting it down and landing BEHIND THE LINE bouncing back up where the goalie caught it = Goal. Period. No "sketchy" to it. The ref. agreed.

It was a great game. CCS is a great team with alot of class. Best of Luck next year.

I talked with the center ref. He said that from his angle it looked like it went it but looked over at the assistant ref who was in position to make the call on the line to verify what he saw. The assistant ref's mechanics indicated that he saw it as a goal too when he put his flag beside him and sprinted up the line. Both officials saw it as a goal. Not arguing or agreeing .... just stating the way they saw it.

That goal was not as controversial as the goal that the center ref and assistant missed in the AAA game when Farragut scored and neither official saw it.

Edited by Whitey

Any luck on getting it posted?  Could you email it to me?

825403911[/snapback]

We tried but were unsuccessful, but I would be glad to e-mail the picture if you will provide your e-mail address. There is also a short clip of the goal being scored as well but I haven't been able to open it on my computor. Maybe your security system won't be as picky.

Edited by futbolfan7