Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

boyfromsi

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Tnbreakers  That Gulmire kid would have had 300 yards on a dry field.  I think he opened a can of WHOOP A-- on Soddy on our wet field.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

825409407[/snapback]

That is absurd.

The wet field was worse for Soddy. The punt snaps were a direct result of the mud. The mud also slowed up the passing game.

Did you even notice that when Oak Ridge scored it was on a short drive? Let me remind you. First two scores came on short drives of about 35 yards because of bad snaps. Third score came on the kickoff return, and the last one came after a kickoff return to midfield. Not once when Oak Ridge had to drive 70-80 yards were they able to do it.

Oak Ridge has a good team and deserved to win the game. There is no way Gulmire runs for 300 yards against Soddy's defense, whether the game is played in mud, dry grass, astroturf, or a parking lot. Good luck the next few weeks; maybe these two teams can play again.

SD 26 rushes for 64 yards (Momo had 14 for 71), 298 yards passing (Orr was 16-31 with 2 picks), Total Yards of Offense 362!

OR 43 rushes for 218 yards (Gulmire had 24 for 145), 25 yards passing, Total Yards of Offense 243!

*These stats are from the CTFP so they may be a lil inaccurate  :unsure:

825408399[/snapback]

oak ridge- 26 points

soddy daisy- 21 points

'nuff said

I can't speak for the others, but I wasn't making excuses for the game. I apologize if some interpreted it that way.

I said, "Oak Ridge has a good team and deserved to win the game." My point was merely that there is no way Gulmire would have run for over 300 yards no matter what the conditions were.

In my opinion, Soddy and Oak Ridge were about even. Oak Ridge won the game; end of story.