3 point shooter

vandyfan

Well, to put it into perspective, if you shoot 40% from 3 point range, that is the equivalent of shooting 60% inside the 3 point arc.

Now, how many players shoot 60% from anywhere, especially in High School?

If a girl can make 6 out 15 3 point shots a night, she is doing a great job!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANy girl that can shoot over 20% (1 out of every five) is a great three point shooter. THat owuld be the best ive ever seen a girl shoot.

825406171[/snapback]

dk...you need to see a little more basketball. As mentioned 35-40% is good to very good. It is not a sign of greatness. And because you shoot 35-40% from beyond the arc doesnot mean you will shoot 60% from everywhere else. The Knoxville News Sentinal shows the stats thru out the season for the eastern part of the state. There are many 3point shooters over the 30% mark. Some even achieve the 40% mark. These few should be the ones to be recognized. This string of posts should hold as a minimum of 35% -45% shooting percentage as a bar. I do not have any stats to back me up for this last year, but from what I have seen this summer, the guard from Powell hs and Heritage hs need to be on this list. They both have and will continue to pass this bar.

GET BUCK!!!

UMm I dont think that a little small is quite sufficient enough of a comment. And You do, do a pretty good job. But i play against you. I know what your strengths and weaknesses are. And if you think about it I gave you  a wide open 3 at the end of the game and you missed it for the win...OMG what were you thinking!!!!  :blink:

825406074[/snapback]

I don't remember that, but ok. Nobody hits every shot they put up but I guarantee that I hit more than I miss. If you were doing your job on the floor that night, you wouldn't have left me wide open to shoot a 3. OMG what were you thinking!!! thumb

I don't remember that, but ok. Nobody hits every shot they put up but I guarantee that I hit

Well you see, you are just so bad that I let you stay wide open b/c you arent a threat. I mean I dont have to guard you bc as soon as I try to grab it i can snatch it right out of your arms. No BIGGIE. I mean the effort that I give and You..heheheheh Your not biggie.. So I do, do my job on the floor 100% better than you. I tell you what I will dribble a circle around you how about that!!! thumb

I don't remember that, but ok. Nobody hits every shot they put up but I guarantee that I hit

Well you see, you are just so bad that I let you stay wide open b/c you arent a threat. I mean I dont have to guard you bc as soon as I try to grab it i can snatch it right out of your arms. No BIGGIE. I mean the effort that I give and You..heheheheh Your not biggie.. So I do, do my job on the floor 100% better than you. I tell you what I will dribble a circle around you how about that!!! thumb

825412105[/snapback]

YEAH, WHATEVER!!!!!!!! WE'LL SEE!!!! thumb

I'd say shooting at a 35-40% would be the standard for greatness.  Most of the best shooters I've seen shoot anywhere from 30-40% from 3 on a nightly basis.

825406246[/snapback]

haha....reminds me of someone that u work with. does COOOOOOOOOOOD ring a bell lol...i remember watching him play when i was a kid... he would stand at half court and shoot it and swish it in. can u tell me if u know what hid 3 point % was in hs or if he remembers. it had to been over 80% lol...he was great...sry this has nothing to do bout GIRL 3 point shooters.