USA Today Super 25

wouldntyoulike2know

So...what you are saying is that if Riverdale played MBA or BA...they would be ranked.  What a bogus statement.  Schedule has nothing to do with it. 

They are playing the teams they always have. 

I think the main reason they are not ranked is because MBA was last year.  They saw that MBA got pounded by Trinity in the 1st game.  That set the tone for other TN teams.  The pollsters looked at that...and said TN football must be down. 

Usually one TN teams is ranked.  I think if Riverdale keeps the pace they have now...they will be ranked by the end of the season.

825397509[/snapback]

Please don't put words in my mouth. I stand by what I actually wrote. Schedule has a lot to do with it. I'm not being negative in any way towards the Warriors. They obviously have a very fine team this year.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't put words in my mouth.  I stand by what I actually wrote.  Schedule has a lot to do with it.  I'm not being negative in any way towards the Warriors.  They obviously have a very fine team this year.

825397807[/snapback]

Don't insinuate...say who you think they should play. Dickson County and Lincoln County are perennial powers. They are down this year. Riverdale has destoyed their competition. They have been nationally ranked in the past. Lincoln was nationally ranked last year. I stand by my statement too. Schedule has nothing to do with it.

The University of TN at Chattanooga could NOT beat either of those Texas teams.

825396585[/snapback]

That's pushing it. You seriously think a highschool could be the Mocs? On every highschool team you have a hand full of kids that go on to play college ball. UTC is a college, they have multiple handfuls of the same type of talent.

So...what you are saying is that if Riverdale played MBA or BA...they would be ranked.  What a bogus statement.  Schedule has nothing to do with it. 

They are playing the teams they always have. 

I think the main reason they are not ranked is because MBA was last year.  They saw that MBA got pounded by Trinity in the 1st game.  That set the tone for other TN teams.  The pollsters looked at that...and said TN football must be down. 

Usually one TN teams is ranked.  I think if Riverdale keeps the pace they have now...they will be ranked by the end of the season.

825397509[/snapback]

Please, the people at USAToday are more intelligent than to assume that a team should be ranked just because they were ranked the year before. They know that teams lose players to graduation. MBA losing to Trinity has nothing to do with Riverdale not being ranked. There was a reason that MBA was not ranked before the season...the are not as good as last year.

Don't insinuate...say who you think they should play.  Dickson County and Lincoln County are perennial powers.  They are down this year.  Riverdale has destoyed their competition.  They have been nationally ranked in the past.  Lincoln was nationally ranked last year. I stand by my statement too.  Schedule has nothing to do with it.

825397873[/snapback]

I don't care who they play. I don't care if they are nationally ranked or not. I don't really care about Riverdale at all. I didn't participate in that other ridiculous thread either.

Please, the people at USAToday are more intelligent than to assume that a team should be ranked just because they were ranked the year before. They know that teams lose players to graduation. MBA losing to Trinity has nothing to do with Riverdale not being ranked. There was a reason that MBA was not ranked before the season...the are not as good as last year.

825397960[/snapback]

The rankings come out after the season begins. MBA would have been rated if they had beaten Trinity. If you think the year before has no bearing on early polls...you are mistaken. That's all they are based on.

The USA Today poll is and always has been bogus anyway. It is a beauty contest. It has no bearing on state teams anyway. Since most teams don't play outside their state...it is impossible to tell how teams would do against other ranked teams. The poll is so subjective. It is...however...surprising Riverdale isn't ranked. Usually one Tennessee team is. They probably will be before the season is over. I would think they are the only Tennessee team that will be.

USA Today people intelligent...you must be joking.

Dogg are you jealous of Riverdale or something?  You keep talking about a weak schedule, but they play in the largest classification in the state.  They can't help what the other teams are like in their region.  As for non-region games, their schedule does seem weak THIS year, but Lincoln and Dickson County are normally very good ball teams.  CPA is a small private, but they are always pretty good.  Yes, I would like to see Riverdale play some schools like a Trinity or South Lake Carroll but they have to play 7 region games and I couldn't imagine taking a Lincoln County off the schedule.  I wasn't overly impressed with Denton or South Lake Carroll and think that Riverdale would most certainly give either of these teams all they wanted.

825397519[/snapback]

It doesn't matter that they can't help it.

When Smyrna, Lebanon, Wilson Central, and Blackman are some of the hardest games they play, none of that is going to impress anyone nationally. Nothing Riverdale can really do about it, although, Im sure there about 46 other states other than CAL TEX FLA and OHIO who have the same complaint about their top high school teams not being in the top 25

It doesn't matter that they can't help it.

When Smyrna, Lebanon, Wilson Central, and Blackman are some of the hardest games they play, none of that is going to impress anyone nationally.  Nothing Riverdale can really do about it, although, Im sure there about 46 other states other than CAL TEX FLA and OHIO who have the same complaint about their top high school teams not being in the top 25

825398123[/snapback]

Riverdale is beatin these teams by how much they should though!!! I mean they are flat out blowin them out!! And i just dont see how people can put OHIO talent on the same level as Louisiana Georgia or even Alabama...heck even the Carolinas!!

Did anyone see the High School game on ESPN2 a few weeks ago? They were from Texes. There is NO WAY any Tennessee team could compete with them.

I hate to say it to but there are better "football states" than Tennessee.

825396555[/snapback]

Yea, Riverdale cant put anything on South Panola in MS...MS is beginning to turn into a huge football state, along with Texas. Florida..well, its Florida, they always have a few awesome teams. I know georgia has some pretty bad teams too