Region 1 and 2 Playoff Outlooks

InDepthInsider

Here is where the teams line up in their Region, All depending on who wins and loses this Friday.

Region 1

Overall Scenerio: Dobyns Bennett is first win or lose, Sevier County has to win to make it to playoffs, unless Jefferson County loses. Jefferson County has to win to get into the playoffs and have Karns beat Campbell County.

Scenerio 1: Campbell County beats Karns, Seveir County Wins, ( Won't matter if Jeff. Co wins )

1) Dobyns Bennett

2) Campbell County

3) Karns

4) Sevier County

Scenerio 2: Karns beats Campbell Co., Jefferson Co. Wins, Seveir Co. Wins. (Three-way tie for 3rd and 4th. - Jefferson Co., Sevier Co, and Campbell Co. ) Due to Quality wins of teams over .500. ( Considering a few games Friday night. ) This is how it would more than likely look.

1) Dobyns Bennett

2) Karns

3) Campbell County

4) Sevier County

Scenerio 3: Campbell County Wins, Seveir County Loses, and Jefferson Co. Wins.

1) Dobyns Bennett

2) Campbell County

3) Karns

4) Jefferson County

Scenerio 4: Karns Wins, Sevier County Loses, and Jefferson Co. Wins.

1) Dobyns Bennett

2) Karns

3) Jefferson County

4) Campbell County

Scenerio 5: Karns Wins, Seveir Co. Loses, Jefferson Co. Loses

1) Dobyns Bennett

2) Karns

3) Campbell County

4) Sevier County

Region 2

Overall Scenerio: This Region could get all jumbled up if Farragut were to beat Ooltewah this Friday.

Scenerio 1: Oak Ridge beats Soddy, Ooltewah beats Farragut

1) Oak Ridge

2) Ooltewah

3) Soddy Daisy

4) Farragut

Scenerio 2: Soddy beats Oak Ridge, Ooltewah beats Farragut

1) Ooltewah

2) Soddy Daisy

3) Oak Ridge

4) Farragut

Scenerio 3: Soddy beats Oak Ridge, Farragut beats Ooltewah

1) Soddy Daisy

2) Oak Ridge

3) Farragut

4) Ooltewah

Scenerio 4: Oak Ridge beats Soddy Daisy, Farragut Beats Ooltewah ( three-way tie for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Teams would be tied in Head to Head, Wins, and Overall Record...so it would come down to wins against opponents over .500.

1) Oak Ridge

2) Soddy Daisy

3) Farragut

4) Ooltewah

I am pretty sure my scenerios are correct but if you find a mistake let me know. Comment on how you think everyone will finish and let me know what you think.

Good Luck to all.

Two thumb thumb Up!!

Edited by InDepthInsider

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

InDepthInsider, are you saying Campbell Co. is in the playoffs not matter what scenario plays out Thursday/Friday night?  BTW, great break-down.  Thanks for the detailed work.  thumb

825398261[/snapback]

VolViking thats the way it looks. The only it could become scetchy is if Region 1-Scenerio 2 happens. Then it would come down to who has the most wins against teams over .500 and as that stands now and should play out, then Campbell County will be in!!

thumb

I think your region one is not quite right. If Campbell County loses to Karns and Sevier and Jeff County win, it will result in a three-way tie that has to go to the third tie-breaker, past head-to-head, and overall wins to what is called quality wins (wins over teams that are .500 or greater). Right now, Sevier has two, CC one and Jeff County one. If nothing changes in those numbers, Sevier goes automatically as number three in region and then Jeff County wins in head-to-head with Campbell County. Actually, games played by a couple 4-5 teams may affect the outcome, namely Halls and Mo'Town West. If Halls wins, that will give Sevier three quality wins and they are automatically third if they win. If Mo'town West wins, it will give Jeff County two quality wins. CC's only chance of having two quality wins (provided it loses to Karns) is if Science Hill beats DB, not a real possibility. To insure a play-off spot, CC needs to beat Karns. If they lose, they can still get in but it won't be in their control.

I know this is all clear as mud but that's the way it works out!

Yes, Region 1 Scenerio 2 and Region 2 Scenerio 4 are very similar, with the exception of Region 1's being a bit more complicated. I haven't looked at it again, but when I did it earlier Scenerio 2 is what I came up with, and someone in another thread had the same. IT really all depends on those 4-5 teams and how they fair this Friday. Yet, I have been known to be wrong before. I will look at it again.

thumb