Greenbrier @ Giles Co.

Touchdown4Bobcats

We started making it a habit 4 years ago to just save the vacation days for Friday's in September, October, and November.  This makes for a much more relaxed game day.  It's always hard to stay focused at work on Fridays.. ;)

825402408[/snapback]

My supervisor would :lol: me out of her office if I even thought of something like that!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the RCTimes yesterday, I'm kinda disappointed in the Giles County coach's comments. Sounds like he's already throwing up the white flag. Hopefully they will still come out and give it their best but the starters may get to set down and rest up for next week.

Even if you don't have time to read the whole article, check out the last paragraph. The GC coach has "checked out".

http://rctimes.com/news/stories/20041027/ghsfootball.shtml

Is this Coach serious??? To say "I wish this game was on a sunday morning at 10"

You know how bad that sounds. It sounds like to me that he dont have any heart

for the game anymore. Alot of teams have been down and came to be the best looking

teams the school has ever had...This is sad for the Boys in Giles..But I think

they will come out and give there best ever...Plus it is senior night, and there

last game of the season. Most of the Senior will not dress as a football player again

and i bet that has gone through there heads and they are coming for a BIG TIME W.

This team is very Athletic and will get after ya...The Bobcats have to play like it is any other team

Good luck to both teams

PREDICTIONS???????? I need them like always love to hear them...

Greenbrier-34

Giles------14

GO CATS

Is this Coach serious???  To say "I wish this game was on a sunday morning at 10"

You know how bad that sounds.  It sounds like to me that he dont have any heart

for the game anymore.  Alot of teams have been down and came to be the best looking

teams the school has ever had...This is sad for the Boys in Giles..But I think

they will come out and give there best ever...Plus it is senior night, and there

last game of the season.  Most of the Senior will not dress as a football player again

and i bet that has gone through there heads and they are coming for a BIG TIME W.

This team is very Athletic and will get after ya...The Bobcats have to play like it is any other team

Good luck to both teams

PREDICTIONS???????? I need them like always love to hear them...

Greenbrier-34

Giles------14

GO CATS

825404512[/snapback]

Giles had had a rough year and I think the Coach knows he has a formidable task ahead. I'm sure they'll go in wanting this win more than any other all year. Greenbrier needs to stay focused.

It's hard to go into the last game with much spirit left when you feel like your team has been taken behind woodshed every Friday night for nine weeks. Sometimes you just don't have the energy to get back up.

But I agree with NoDoubt. Not to get sappy, but I think of Ralphie in the movie "A Christmas Story" (the one with the BB gun) where he got tired of being bullied and finally just went off on the guy that he had been afraid of and just about beat him to a pulp. I don't foresee Giles going that far, but I do see them coming out with a big effort. A last hoorah for the seniors. They have nothing left to lose. And boy it would feel great to them to beat the Region Champs.

That said, I don't foresee Greenbrier overlooking anybody, not even Giles. That Bobcat team is in it to the final buzzer with determination and drive. I do agree that the starters will get to rest, but it will be good training for the team that will take over for them next year.

Greenbrier wins this one 42 - 10.

Thats horrible, a team feeds off of their coach and an attitude like that wont help matters at all. Good luck to my Cats, but this goes out to the GC cats: give it everything youve got and show your coach you deserve some respect. Now dont anybody get me wrong, I hope my Cats come out in true Greenbrier style and have an exellent win, dont and say Im pullin for the other team, but that just had to be said.

Thats horrible, a team feeds off of their coach and an attitude like that wont help matters at all. Good luck to my Cats, but this goes out to the GC cats: give it everything youve got and show your coach you deserve some respect. Now dont anybody get me wrong, I hope my Cats come out in true Greenbrier style and have an exellent win, dont and say Im pullin for the other team, but that just had to be said.

825404921[/snapback]

I agree-of course, I wish all the luck in the world to my Greenbrier guys, but I think that the Giles Co. Bobcats need to show their coach that they deserve some respect. I read that piece in the paper just last night and was pretty disappointed that a coach would have that low of morale for his team- and in the OPPONENTS' sports paper??? Greenbrier sure is fortunate to have an excellend coaching staff that has FAITH in their team. Good luck to both teams and make us pround, Greenbrier! Well wishes to Jacob, we want to see you out there for playoffs!