The owls are without Caldwell and Williams

owls24

This game now will give Woods to show more of what he can do throwing the

football.  He's got good receivers in Landson, McMillan and Lowe.  I don't know how many games I have watched this year in pass plays and for some reason McMillan is all by himself. I don't know if Woods doesn't he him or what, and other

people in the stands say the same thing.  But, maybe this week that will all come

together.  Go Owls!!!!!

825405822[/snapback]

he might just not like to throw to him, im not sure, because i know he did drop that one pass that was perfectly thrown in the oak ridge game(one of the few he actually got off, even tho he was hit on this play too) and mcmillan bobbled it, so i dont see how practice goes to know if he catches his balls in practice or not

Edited by mnewballer21

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he might just not like to throw to him, im not sure, because i know he did drop that one pass that was perfectly thrown in the oak ridge game(one of the few he actually got off, even tho he was hit on this play too) and mcmillan bobbled it, so i dont see how practice goes to know if he catches his balls in practice or not

825405975[/snapback]

I'd like to see some more tight end passes...like Oak Ridge had last week. That guy was like 6'3" and ran a seam up the middle...if done correctly, this could be very successful with McDade and Burke.

Basketballisbest, I have nothing against you, but you could have possibly just posted the most ignorant post in CoachT.com history.

Pound for pound, Hunter Hydas is the strongest kid on the Ooltewah team...he runs harder than DeWayne, and if I was going to be hit by either, I'd pick DeWayne.

He had a huge run against Soddy when DeWayne had to come out for a couple of plays.  He got hit almost at the line of scrimmage and then picked up 6 yards.  So no, I do not have to acknowledge this as a big blow to the Ooltewah offense.  I think he will do well up the middle or outside the tackles.

825402984[/snapback]

Sounds like Basketball Best knows his stuff Better than Grad thumb The Owls are awful quiet! Sounds like Twetty Birds not Birds of prey. :lol:

Well, it sounds like I was right. Hydas got 100 yards, but it all came in two runs. Basically, he is not as strong, nor does he hit the holes as hard as either Caldwell or Williams. Ooltewah loses because they were weak in the running attack. Almost non existent in the first half.

Hydas is okay, but way too small for a 5A school running back. He certainly gives his all, and I hand it to him there. But, he is nowhere near the level of OHS's top to running backs.

I disagree, he had 119 yards on 18 carries. The touchdown run was around 30 yards, I think, one other run about 25 yards. I don't think he had too many holes from what I could see. Don't get me wrong I am not saying he is as good as Caldwell, but he played well enough at running back tonight for Ooltewah to win. I would have liked to see him get to run outside the tackles at little more. Let's not forget 80 something of Caldwell's yards came on one play against Soddy, that's how it goes sometimes. Ooltewah's passing game has been terrible lately. Woods has been running for his life most of the time. Play calling is whole nother subject.

I disagree, he had 119 yards on 18 carries.  The touchdown run was around 30 yards, I think, one other run about 25 yards.  I don't think he had too many holes from what I could see.  Don't get me wrong I am not saying he is as good as Caldwell, but he played well enough at running back tonight for Ooltewah to win. I would have liked to see him get to run outside the tackles at little more.  Let's not forget 80 something of Caldwell's yards came on one play against Soddy, that's how it goes sometimes.  Ooltewah's passing game has been terrible lately.  Woods has been running for his life most of the time.  Play calling is whole nother subject.

825407393[/snapback]

Since, you have seen them all now. How did #45 Nick Reviez play at LB?

Farragut has a very strong run defense.  You won't beat them with 2nd and 3rd teamers on the ground.  You will have to beat them in the air and from what I saw of the air game last week, you will have a long night if it doesn't improve quickly.

How will this affect Kyler going both ways fulltime.  I know he's a stud, Grad, but it will have some effect on him.

825404554[/snapback]

PROPHETIC!!!!

3-13 3 interceptions.  Owls have one game left.

825408731[/snapback]

And right now that one game does not look very good. I certainly wish the Owls well, but Dobyns Bennett is simply too good. I think OHS will have to look to next year, and from all reports that sounds like it will be great, since they will only be losing 3-4 key players.